Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Pennsylvania's Josh Shapiro, other prosecutors oppose concealed-carry proposal

Putz---like you don't [already] have reciprocity with these states !

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro joined 16 of his counterparts from other states in opposing legislation that would loosen concealed-carry laws across states.

The legislation would allow anyone who can legally carry a concealed firearm in their home state to carry one in any state, according to a Sunday letter drafted by New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and co-signed by attorneys general from other states.

Pennsylvania law gives law enforcement 45 days to run background checks on people who apply for concealed-carry permits.

Some states are more restrictive, while others allow anyone to carry a concealed weapon.

Referencing the Oct. 1 shooting in Las Vegas in which Stephen Paddock killed 58 people, the bill calls for tougher gun laws, not looser ones.

“Rather than creating a new national standard for who may carry concealed firearms, these bills would elevate the lowest state standard over higher ones and force some states to allow concealed carry by people who do not qualify under their laws,” the letter said.

Wes Venteicher is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at 412-380-5676, wventeicher@tribweb.com or via Twitter @wesventeicher.
    http://triblive.com/state/pennsylvan...carry-proposal
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania's Josh Shapiro, other prosecutors oppose concealed-carry proposal

In a day and age when the prank of hanging a dead deer at a high school is a yooooje fucking deal, and some MSMs won't print or pronounce Redskins, why would anything else be expected from our fearless leaders?

We need a war on our soil. Soon! THEN people will get their feet on the ground and figure out the right priorities. Sorry, I can't think of anything else that will save us from ourselves...Josh was VOTED in, you know....

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania's Josh Shapiro, other prosecutors oppose concealed-carry proposal

Is it really a big surprise that an anti gun AG is against nationwide conceal carry reciprocity? I wouldn't doubt he is for reducing the state's LTCF standard to " may issue" and requiring mandatory training, testing and various other hoops to jump through. In other words if he gets everything he wants, unless you know someone at the courthouse, no LTCF for you.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; October 23rd, 2017 at 05:03 PM.

(Wayne County)

So much for both CONSTITUTIONS. I’ll be on the phone to his office tomorrow.

(Fayette County)

Post Re: Pennsylvania's Josh Shapiro, other prosecutors oppose concealed-carry proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    In a day and age when the prank of hanging a dead deer at a high school is a yooooje fucking deal, and some MSMs won't print or pronounce Redskins, why would anything else be expected from our fearless leaders?

We need a war on our soil. Soon! THEN people will get their feet on the ground and figure out the right priorities. Sorry, I can't think of anything else that will save us from ourselves...Josh was VOTED in, you know....
    General election
    Josh Shapiro defeated John Rafferty in the Pennsylvania attorney general election.
    Pennsylvania Attorney General, 2016
    Party Candidate Vote % Votes
    Democratic Josh Shapiro 51.39% 3,057,010
    Republican John Rafferty 48.61% 2,891,325
    Total Votes 5,948,335
    Source: Pennsylvania Department of State

The vote difference was 165,685.

Even after the total disaster of Kathleen Kane, Republicans lost the AG slot. The GOP of PA SUX. Trump won PA, but the PA GOP could not win the offices of AG, treasurer, or auditor general.
    Last edited by Spirit of 76; October 23rd, 2017 at 09:58 PM.

(Lancaster County)

I bet he fully supports gay marriage licenses being recognized across state lines.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I bet he fully supports gay marriage licenses being recognized across state lines.
    https://www.joshshapiro.org/agenda/p...ennsylvanians/
    Stand up for LGBT Equality

PGN: Pennsylvania still lacks LGBT-inclusive nondiscrimination and hate-crimes laws. What would you do within your jurisdiction as Attorney General to address these issues?

JS: Back when I was in the House, I was one of the original cosponsors of what is now known as the Fairness Act. I was proud to stand with that coalition when it was about 10 of us — now it’s well over 100 — and I’m going to use the bully pulpit to advocate to pass this legislation. And then use my authority as Attorney General to root out any kind of discrimination against our LGBTQ brothers and sisters. When I started running back in January, I had in my first ad a scene about marriage equality, and in addition to that, in probably every speech where I am in Pennsylvania I talk about people’s constitutional protections, including the right to not be discriminated against, specially focusing on our LGBTQ brothers and sisters who don’t have the same protections. It’s heartening that no matter where I go in the commonwealth, people applaud for that. It shows how far we’ve come. Obviously, we have a lot more to do, and I’m anxious to use my position as Attorney General to continue to advance the cause.

Josh Shapiro has fought for equality for the LGBT community throughout his career and will do so as Attorney General of Pennsylvania. As Chairman of the Montgomery County Commission, Shapiro, helped the first gay couples marry in Pennsylvania, paving the way for marriage equality. In the state House, Shapiro fought to expand hate crimes legislation and non-discrimination protections for the LGBT community in housing and employment. As Attorney General, Shapiro will fairly enforce the law, use the bully pulpit to advance LGBT rights and protect the rights of all Pennsylvanians, no matter where they are from, what they look like, or who they love.

See also: https://www.joshshapiro.org/2016/10/...orney-general/

PGN: Gun control came to the forefront of the LGBT community after the mass shooting in Orlando. What do you see as the best strategy of advancing effective gun-control reform in Pennsylvania?

JS: First off, you need to have an Attorney General willing to take on the gun lobby. My opponent has gotten an A rating from the NRA and was endorsed by the NRA. You can’t trust him to take on the gun lobby and deal with this crisis in our community. I have put forth a specific plan on what I would do: One, expand background checks to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who are mentally ill. We need to make sure we expand the gun-violence task force that exists today between the Attorney General’s Office and the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. It needs to be beefed up and also expanded to other regions around Pennsylvania. We have to crack down on straw purchasers. I will use my authority to end reciprocity agreements with other states that people go to to pass checks for concealed carry that is weaker than ours in Pennsylvania. The key issue here is you’ve got to have an attorney general willing to take on the gun lobby. Throughout my whole career I have, and I won’t be afraid to stand up and protect the LGBT or any other community in Pennsylvania from gun violence.
    Last edited by Spirit of 76; October 23rd, 2017 at 10:15 PM.

(Delaware County)

This is the same clown that upon entering office was going to review reciprocal agreements with each of the states that Pa. has such agreements with. Moron thought he could find states that had less restrictions than Pa. in issuing permits. Apparently his witch hunt did not yield any such results. The so called LGBT community that he wants to protect from "gun violence" are arming themselves just like the rest of the society. He is a political hack that has not accomplished anything meaningful for even his own breed. Joshie Shapiro aka hot air schmuck.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    This is the same clown that upon entering office was going to review reciprocal agreements with each of the states that Pa. has such agreements with. Moron thought he could find states that had less restrictions than Pa. in issuing permits. Apparently his witch hunt did not yield any such results. The so called LGBT community that he wants to protect from "gun violence" are arming themselves just like the rest of the society. He is a political hack that has not accomplished anything meaningful for even his own breed. Joshie Shapiro aka hot air schmuck.
    I'm unaware of ANY NRA members ANYWHERE going on an LGBTQ "gun violence" spree.
    Last edited by Spirit of 76; October 24th, 2017 at 04:13 PM.

Beat me to it mike. I am appalled (I know Shapiro is anti-gun) that Shapiro thinks he speaks for this entire state on the matter. I haven't written this many letters since the Sandy Hook incident. At this point I would be willing to go to a Harrisburg rally. Enough's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89
    Mr. Shapiro,

My name is ------------ and you represent me as part of the collective of Pennsylvania citizens. This letter is in response to a letter you signed authored by Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman of New York. I should start by saying that since New York has gone rogue in stripping the rights of its citizens that it is fair to say that the territory does not deserve representation in federal matters until it cleans up its act.

I don't need to read further than 'We the undersigned strongly opposed Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity'. Signing this letter means that you endorse it- and that as the leading law enforcement official in the state that you speak for its people. You have a problem of conscience here. The Pennsylvania Constitution reads 'the right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned'. You should know this line, but it is found in our state Constitution, Article 1, Section 21- enacted in 1790. The 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution reads: 'A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state; the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'

Engaging in philosophy for a second, I am a libertarian who values personal liberty. The US Constitution is NOT a springboard for progressive (or conservative) ideals. You swore an oath to represent the rights of the people, our state Constitution and our national Constitution. Signing this document violates that oath by moving against our rights. I do not care what the majority opinion is inside or outside of Pennsylvania. The Constitution was crafted to prevent tyranny from the majority. You have stepped on those ideals by recommending rights NOT be restored, whether it be because you hate firearms, firearms owners or want consolidated control out of pure greed, for a nanny state, or both.

I'll cut to the chase because you will not be interested in what I have to say. As per the 14th amendment and the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution, the state (or municipalities) have no right infringing on the right to keep and bear arms. My vote at the ballot box during the next election will reflect that. Pending the republican candidate has not violated the Constitution- you have lost my vote.

-Signature
    Last edited by Didnotcomply89; October 24th, 2017 at 01:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast