Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10mm Pistol

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: 10mm Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    Thanks for the continued feedback, guys.

What do you think of the trigger on this? I've read a few reviews complaining that it was too heavy for a SAO trigger at 5-6lbs. Personally, I'd prefer to have a crisp 3.5-4lb pull . . . which might be as simple as swapping in a lighter weight hammer spring. I've done this on my other Sigs with success.
    Mine will lift a 4 lb weight but not 4.25.

(Allegheny County)

Dan Wesson RZ-10 top of the line semi-custom

Dan Wesson Bruin top of the line semi-custom

Sig Sauer P220-10 SAO built like a tank but heard of some qc issues with loose sights...which they rectify (good customer service)

EAA Witness Elite Match Don't know anything about them but love the CZ style action and high capacity

Kimber Custom TLE II Don't know much about them but nice fit and finish

STI Perfect 10 My favorite of the list because of the higher capacity and it's a top of the line semi-custom

(Dauphin County)

I have several Dan Wesson revolvers so I am biased and I am certain that someday I will own a Dan Wesson in 10MM. I think I would go with the Bruin, Silver Back, Valor, or Razor. The longer slide of the Bruin is better as a range or hunting gun with a longer sight radius. I held the Bruin at a local gun shop and the gun fit my hand PERFECT and the quality of the build, fit and finish is reflected in the price tag. It will be a difficult decision for sure as I doubt I could justify paying for a 2nd. It would be difficult but best to handle all considered and then make a decision on which one felt best. Doubt any would be a BAD choice.

(Northampton County)

Thanks again for the continued thoughts, guys. I stumbled into perhaps the sexiest 10mm out there today . . . a bit more than I was planning on spending though.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/super-jagare

(Allegheny County)

I have and like a Kimber Stainless Target II http://www.kimberamerica.com/stainless-target-ii-ca and a S&W 1066. They both are great
    The Lord Bless You

(Northampton County)

I got a chance to check out the Sig P220-10 Hunter and the Sig TACOPS this morning. The checkering on the front strap of the TACOPS grip was unfortunately a bit too aggressive for my taste, but the ergos on the P220 were great, just like my many other "P" series pistols. Unfortunately, I need to agree with the publications that knocked the trigger on the P220 SAO Hunter. It has some creep and a fairly heavy break for a SAO trigger - over 5lbs on the finger gauge. That said, I have a lot of experience working on Sig "P" series actions, so I could probably get it to where I want it. My biggest issue is with the fact that Sig no longer offers the P220-10 in anything but the Kryptek finish. If I could find it in the stainless finish with the wood grips, this would be case closed, as I really like the rest of the gun. Nothing is ever simple . . .

(Bucks County)

I know where what you seek is. It's used but in excellent condition. If you want it pm me and I'll give you the details. To be honest you'll probably save me money if you pick it up.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailspin View Post
    I know where what you seek is. It's used but in excellent condition. If you want it pm me and I'll give you the details. To be honest you'll probably save me money if you pick it up.
    Intriguing...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailspin View Post
    so mysterious

(Clearfield County)

Really like the 10mm. I got started with an old Javelina then a Ruger and finally a Sig P220 (right). All are pleasant to shoot and accurate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast