302 N.17th Street
    Allentown, PA. 18104

Show Hours:
    Saturday - 2/11/2012 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
    Sunday - 2/12/2012 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM

Admission:
    Adult: $7.00

Number of Tables:

Default Re: Allentown Gun Show - Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society

Who is the dealer in small parts that always shows up to this?

Takes a couple of tables along the right-hand side wall, just beyond where all the flyers can be found?

If your talking the man with the wooden rack and barrels on the left, That would be EMPIRE GUN SHOP out of danville. Craig is a most knowledgable excellent dealer. I have dealt with him for years.
    No Peace In Our Time.

Off to the left as you give your ticket? No, he's good but not the guy I mean - this guy is always to the right, back along the wall.

i ment when you are at his 3 tables, the wooden rack/shelf is in the middle table with all the gun parts and bolts on it and the TABLE on the left has all his stocks and gun barrels. When you give your ticket as you enter the room he is on the right hand wall. There are 6 gun parts dealers in that show , a mauser parts guy on the left wall then BLUE RIDGE to the left center of the first room then EMPIRE GUN SHOP to the right of the first room. In the large room you have POPPERTS gun parts off from left center then another mauser parts guy off center then a third mauser parts guy towards the back wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Off to the left as you give your ticket? No, he's good but not the guy I mean - this guy is always to the right, back along the wall.
    Last edited by silent*anarchy; January 25th, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
    No Peace In Our Time.

Quote Originally Posted by silent*anarchy View Post
    i ment when you are at his 3 tables, the wooden rack/shelf is in the middle table with all the gun parts and bolts on it and the TABLE on the left has all his stocks and gun barrels. When you give your ticket as you enter the room he is on the right hand wall.
    Bingo - thanks!

(Delaware County)

I've never been to this show but I've heard that they specialize in 19th and early 20th century stuff (which is what I'm into). Would I be likely to find a decent 1888 Trapdoor at this show for a reasonable price? It's the same day as the Oaks show so I'm deciding between which one to go to (I can't go to both).

If you like 18th and 19th century rifles the come to allentown cuz you will have a joygazim at the quantity , oaks has more modern rifles. And there are more trapdoors here then you could carry or purchase. And dont forget to be nosy in the display cases, sometimes you can find hidden gems in them.
    No Peace In Our Time.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrower View Post
    I've never been to this show but I've heard that they specialize in 19th and early 20th century stuff (which is what I'm into). Would I be likely to find a decent 1888 Trapdoor at this show for a reasonable price? It's the same day as the Oaks show so I'm deciding between which one to go to (I can't go to both).
    Both run Saturday and Sunday. Some also run Friday but not sure about these two.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Both run Saturday and Sunday. Some also run Friday but not sure about these two.
    I have to work on Saturday so I can't hit both shows.

Unfortunately it seems that the Friday "early bird" shows have gone the way of the Dodo now that the Valley Forge show is gone. Those were always my favorites. It cost a few extra dollars to get in but it was a lot less crowded and you had a chance to grab something unique before the hoards arrived on Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast