Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Greetings Lehigh Valley...

I just started working at Kelly Mitsubishi in Emmaus/Allentown.

This is the first time that I've ever attempted car sales. If you know anyone looking for a pre owned or new vehicle, I'd appreciate it if you would send them my way. I do not live in the Lehigh Valley, so I do not know many folks in the area. I would like to earn your business, so please feel free to PM me or email me.

I was hired for Kelly Mitsubishi, but the company also sells Chrysler,Jeep,Dodge,Buick,GMC and Nissan.

Please inform me if you have a particular vehicle in mind.

Thanks in advance.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Greetings Lehigh Valley...

I bought my car from Kelly Nissan, i told Tim Kelly himself that i wouldn't recommend my worst enemy buy a car from Kelly. It's a long story but it took me writing the BBB, and PA attorney general and yelling in the show room in front of customers to get money that they owed me.
    IANAL

Sounds like an interesting story. I'm glad that your issue was able to be resolved.

I've been very happy and impressed with how the company conducts business.

I'm sure that with any business that there will be some issues.

When I was in the interview process, I picked Kelly over other dealerships based on the two Sales Managers that hired me. They didn't seem like "car salesmen" to me and I liked the feeling I got from the dealership.

(Northampton County)

I used to go in there all the time! Was going to buy an EVO there a few years ago, but i was stationed at Fort Meade at the time so i ended up buying it down there.

I may be in the market for a RAM soon though.

(Butler County)

+1 for a good guy. Aubie and I have done business in the past and I would trust him to sell me a car any day.

Good luck with the new gig!

(Bucks County)

How are you liking the job?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Sounds like an interesting story. I'm glad that your issue was able to be resolved.

I've been very happy and impressed with how the company conducts business.

I'm sure that with any business that there will be some issues.

When I was in the interview process, I picked Kelly over other dealerships based on the two Sales Managers that hired me. They didn't seem like "car salesmen" to me and I liked the feeling I got from the dealership.
    This is the short version of the story, i bought the car and got financing threw the bank they work with, and also got the GAP insurance threw another company they work with. I refinanced right away with a bank that i dealt with before and the loan included the GAP insurance, and i got a better rate.

Anyway, i canceled the GAP insurance with the company and they told me they had to refund Kelly then Kelly had to refund me the money, that it would take 6 weeks for them to get it. So 8 weeks goes by i call Kelly and ask them where my money was, they told me that they didn't get any refund from the GAP insurance company so i waited another 2 weeks and called them again. They told me that they would not get the refund that i would get it from the GAP insurance company. So i called them and they told me that Kelly got the refund in 4 weeks, gave me the Check number that they got, the Fedex receipt number and their refund number. So i called the GM and Tim Kelly and left them several voice mail each. Finally after 3 weeks of no returned calls, i had to go the the dealership.

I walked into the dealership and Tim and the GM were standing behind the reception desk, the GM looked at me and remembered me and asked what he could do for me, lol I said well you and Tim could start with returning my calls and refunding me the money that the GAP company sent you on the date they gave me. They said to me they they didn't get any refund, then wanted to talk about this in the GM's office, i said no i want everyone in the showroom to see what kind of cracker jack operation they run. So then i said if you didn't get any check from the GAP company how come i have a check number, date received, and the fedex confirmation number from when they received the check. I gave them all of the information i had, and told them that i wrote the BBB and the State AG. Tim said hold on he would go up to that department right away to check it out. He came back in about 25 minutes with my refund and apologized for the mix up, i told them save it for someone who cared, that i just wanted to get my money and go that i wouldn't recommend my worst enemy buy a car from them.
    Last edited by CartBone69; March 15th, 2014 at 02:12 PM.
    IANAL

(Bucks County)

Car dealerships are inline with lawyers.... slimey, greasy, lying, cheats who use the system to steal. Last yr my wife and I went to look at a car we saw online at a dealership in Easton. After several hrs, they tell us we don't qualify to buy that car, but they could sell us another. They kept asking what I wanted my payments to be, I kept asking what sale price and interest rate I was getting. They never gave me that so we walked. Went to CarSense and got great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Car dealerships are inline with lawyers.... slimey, greasy, lying, cheats who use the system to steal. Last yr my wife and I went to look at a car we saw online at a dealership in Easton. After several hrs, they tell us we don't qualify to buy that car, but they could sell us another. They kept asking what I wanted my payments to be, I kept asking what sale price and interest rate I was getting. They never gave me that so we walked. Went to CarSense and got great deal.
    ...because as we all know, the only dishonest people out there are lawyers and car salesmen. Naturally lying, cheating, and stealing never occur in any other industry or line of work. [/sarcasm]

Of course you realize that you contradicted yourself by saying that you got a great deal at CarSense, which is, after all, a car dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I just started working at Kelly Mitsubishi in Emmaus/Allentown.

This is the first time that I've ever attempted car sales. If you know anyone looking for a pre owned or new vehicle, I'd appreciate it if you would send them my way. I do not live in the Lehigh Valley, so I do not know many folks in the area. I would like to earn your business, so please feel free to PM me or email me.

I was hired for Kelly Mitsubishi, but the company also sells Chrysler,Jeep,Dodge,Buick,GMC and Nissan.

Please inform me if you have a particular vehicle in mind.

Thanks in advance.
    Glad to have another Poofer in the area. I think it's about time we have another Allentown meet-n-greet lunch.

Last time was at Sunrise Diner, which was quite a long time ago.

I work just down the street from you.

-afd
    Last edited by afdcomposer; March 15th, 2014 at 04:07 PM.

I'm not sure if you are looking to trade in the EVO or just purchase a RAM, but I can help you with whatever you decide. Just PM me when you are ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost4g63 View Post
    I used to go in there all the time! Was going to buy an EVO there a few years ago, but i was stationed at Fort Meade at the time so i ended up buying it down there.

I may be in the market for a RAM soon though.
    Please lets not get side tracked on this thread. I started the thread because I started a new job. Not to stir up everyone's opinion about car dealerships. The fact is weather you buy a vehicle or a firearm...the sales person could be lying to you. Not everyone that works in sales is out to lie to their customers.

I've been a member on this forum long before the forum ever hit 1,000 members and I'll be here when the site hits over 100,000. My point is I've been here long enough that people who have bought something from me know that I'm not going to cheat them.

To the poster that said that car salesman and attorneys are slim is a big generalization. Now, I understand what the poster was saying because the car dealership industry doesn't have the best reputation. To put me in the same category is insulting.

I've never had to lie or cheat someone in my life. Look at my feedback link below to see that I'm not the type of person to lie to make a buck. I believe in full disclosure regardless of if I'm selling you my firearm or a vehicle.

I am enjoying the new position. I fit in with my new co-workers and I'm having fun. I cannot say I've had fun at a job in many years. I enjoy helping others because lets face it...buying a new vehicle is an exciting time, especially if you find your "dream car."

I sold my second vehicle today. I could have sold more vehicles, but there are so many of us in the building and I didn't want to crowd the other sales guys that have been there longer. We are moving to a much larger building by April 1st.

I knew that starting a thread on a public forum can be good, but also has it's bad as well. I also know that I cannot please everyone, but I can say I'll do what I can to help if you have any issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast