Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Oaks Show Feb 10 -12?

JoshIronshaft

We love seeing new faces at the shows. We have kicked around ideas to attract new vendors. The new issue that arises is vendors that have been doing the shows for 10 years feel neglected, which also has merit. It's and interesting thing to think about!

free

flea markets and non gun related things are blaspheme in this industry! we get flak when we have 'too many' knife dealers.

It's a catch 22 at times.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    ....you been to an Oaks show lately?..that's already going on.
    see what i mean!!! lol.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    see what i mean!!! lol.
    ....not sure what that meant but I wasn't complaining,to be clear.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    ....not sure what that meant but I wasn't complaining,to be clear.
    sorry! usually that's a negative comment. we like a diverse assortment of vendors and the casual customer does as well.

(Allegheny County)

flea markets and non gun related things are blaspheme in this industry! we get flak when we have 'too many' knife dealers.
    Well, good to know!

Why people would want less stuff to look at is beyond me - but good to know (:

(Philadelphia County)

sorry! usually that's a negative comment. we like a diverse assortment of vendors and the casual customer does as well.
    I know it is,I've made jokes in the past but I'm not one of those who gets all bent out of shape about non gun vendors at shows, if items don't draw me in,no matter what they are I just keep moving,no need to grouse about it.
    I'm more peeved by the guys selling knockoff brand name knives for the price of the real thing lol.

(Berks County)

I have tunnel vision so I don't even see the stuff that's not for me but having them immersed with the stuff I am interested in creates a longer walk and that makes my dogs bark. I'd like to see a few more empty chair scattered around. Along the walls between the halls would work. But don't make them any cheaper than they are, I'm really not all that heavy and they were flexing in protest of my presence. And you need to have a talk with the pickle guy...$2/ea for cherry poppers is a no-go.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have tunnel vision so I don't even see the stuff that's not for me but having them immersed with the stuff I am interested in creates a longer walk and that makes my dogs bark. I'd like to see a few more empty chair scattered around. Along the walls between the halls would work. But don't make them any cheaper than they are, I'm really not all that heavy and they were flexing in protest of my presence. And you need to have a talk with the pickle guy...$2/ea for cherry poppers is a no-go.
    i did receive a message on here about adding some chairs and tables for attendees. We tried to sprinkle them in around each hall. We will do a better job of having a designated rest stop.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    You could consider one of those ultra light weight, ultra portable chairs. Easy to carry, convenient to use.

I have this one:
    Helinox Chair One Original Lightweight, Compact, Collapsible Camping Chair, Black/Blue https://a.co/d/1GD2Sxb

Costco has a knockoff version for about $30.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I think the gun shows need to incentivize new sellers. Mainly private sellers, who are not a business. Guys who have a bunch of stuff they don't need and want to unload it. Maybe offer discounted table rates for first time sellers. Set up a designated FFL for doing transfers for those non-FFL sellers. I just got my first table at a show this year and sold a ton of stuff that was useless to me: accessories, reloading stuff, lights, lasers, optics, soft gear. It almost all sold and I made a few bucks. Plus the people watching is great entertainment. So there might be something to that, just an idea.
    Be careful getting tables at gun shows for selling of some of your excess guns and accessories. It can be addictive and the next thing you know, 35 years later, you're a full time gun dealer. Ask me how I know this....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast