Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: bad time philadelphia holmesburg fish and game open trap

It also has an IC choke

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by magras View Post
    I've never shot trap a day in my life and have no idea what is involved . I wold like to give it a shot but don't want to be reamed for not knowing even the basics. Also I only have a mossberg 835 with a 18 inch barrel is this gn suitable to get started with
    Come out to Delaware County Field & Stream most Sundays and head to the table trap range. Table trap (TT) is kind of a beginners course in trap and no one will laugh, in fact you'll get pointers if that's what you want. It's a lot of fun too. Look for me or one of the other RO's we enjoy getting people into the sport.

Your gun will be fine for table trap, but you may want a longer barrel for true trap. No high brass loads and none larger than 8 shot on TT

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Come out to Delaware County Field & Stream most Sundays and head to the table trap range. Table trap is kind of a beginners course in trap and no one will laugh, in fact you'll get pointers if that's what you want. It's a lot of fun too. Look for me or one of the other RO's we enjoy getting people into the sport.

sounds like a plan. thanks

(Delaware County)

Here's some video and photo's of one of our "special" shoots (held 7 times a year), just this past weekend. This is not the norm for the range as to the types of birds to shoot, where you stand or throwers but it does represent the fun we have no matter what your level of experience is every weekend.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...FS%2011-13-11/

I've never shot trap a day in my life and have no idea what is involved . I wold like to give it a shot but don't want to be reamed for not knowing even the basics. Also I only have a mossberg 835 with a 18 inch barrel is this gn suitable to get started with
    If you can get up to Langhorne during daylight hours I'll take you onto our trap field. We have a pedestal thrower that will serve to give you the basics. It'll be different from an organized trap shoot in that the clays will be easier to hit and you won't have anyone else around to distract you. I'll take you through the steps involved when your on the line with other people, all of which will make sense, such as don't sweep, one round at a time in the gun, don't do things that disturb other shooters on the line, etc. When I first started trap a few years ago I too had only an 18.25" shotgun and I was making good hits. You bring that and I'll bring a couple of guns more suited to the sport, that'll give you and idea of the difference or lack thereof.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

holmesburg has jr aka newbies shoot on friday nites. you can use their gun, you pay for the ammo and clay (few bucks per rd) starts at 7pm
    Last edited by dunsho; November 17th, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678