Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

I'll be there!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

Here's the latest update from the Facebook event page, for those of you who have not seen it yet:

Okay! I spent some time in the city yesterday running a few errands for our event. I have the application for the "Free Speech Permit" and am going to get that turned in this week or next.

I'd like to congregate at LOVE Park starting at 10:00am and hang around until 10:30 to let the stragglers and the folks fighting to find parking to get there. This will also give us some social time and an opportunity to talk to other citizens, the police who will surely be there, and any media personalities who want to cover the march. We can have a speaker or two, hold up our signs, etc, and generally make ourselves known.

Then I would like to cross over Market and Broad Streets, wrapping around Independence Square and stopping at the DA's office. We can stop there for photos and a speaker or two.

Then it's on to the Criminal Justice Center. Another pause for a few words.

We can go down Market Street for about half a mile, then detour over to the Police HQ on Race. I'd like to be there by 11:30 or so so we can take a brief break for a big picture out front of the HQ, then we can wrap it up and head over to the People's Plaza at 5th and Market. There is plenty of room on the sidewalk between the sections of the park to accommodate all of us, and the Plaza itself is not overly large so we should have no problems hearing from there if you don't feel comfortable setting foot upon the grass of the National Park (if you're armed).

Again, NO ONE has to carry a firearm if you don't want to, considering Nutter's illegal ordinance against carrying in public parks, and the somewhat vague wording of the laws regarding carrying in national parks. I personally will be as well as some others, but that decision is up to you and there is no pressure to carry if you don't feel comfortable doing so. Even if you're just there to support the cause, you're more than welcome!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Here's the latest update from the Facebook event page, for those of you who have not seen it yet:
    Just bumping this up a bit so people don't forget. You know, out of sight, out of mind....

(Delaware County)

Finally...

Since the first of the month, I only today have been able to get enough time during the day to get down to the city and drop off the permit application.

I was OC the whole time, and after giving my check to the guy who takes the applications, an office worker asked me if I was a LEO, to which I said no. Then, a very large man with a polo shirt that said "Security" on it came up and rode the elevator down with me as I left.

"So...are you up here for me?"
    "I guess so." He smiled and shrugged.
    "Did they tell you to go to the fourteenth floor?"
    "Yeah, but they didn't say why - it was just a coincidence that I saw you as I was getting towards the door. Are you a police officer?"
    "No, but I have a license, so it's cool."
    "Oh, okay...I think they're on higher alert because the mayor is going to be doing a press conference right across the hall from where you were in like, 5 minutes."

I guess I understand that.

Anyway, the permit application is filed, and I should hear back by the 19th. Cutting it close, I know...sorry.

(Sullivan County)

Mark, Do you intend to join up with the GRAA rally that starts at noon in independence park?

(Philadelphia County)

Finally...

Since the first of the month, I only today have been able to get enough time during the day to get down to the city and drop off the permit application.

I was OC the whole time, and after giving my check to the guy who takes the applications, an office worker asked me if I was a LEO, to which I said no. Then, a very large man with a polo shirt that said "Security" on it came up and rode the elevator down with me as I left.

"So...are you up here for me?"
    "I guess so." He smiled and shrugged.
    "Did they tell you to go to the fourteenth floor?"
    "Yeah, but they didn't say why - it was just a coincidence that I saw you as I was getting towards the door. Are you a police officer?"
    "No, but I have a license, so it's cool."
    "Oh, okay...I think they're on higher alert because the mayor is going to be doing a press conference right across the hall from where you were in like, 5 minutes."

I guess I understand that.

Anyway, the permit application is filed, and I should hear back by the 19th. Cutting it close, I know...sorry.
    Thanks for putting in all the work.

Yeah thanks mark, me and my gf will be there, if there's anything we can bring let me know
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Philadelphia County)

Maybe I'm a little dense, but where did we finally decide we were meeting? I know we discussed FDR and Love Park, but I think I missed what the final answer was. I do plan to be there.

(Delaware County)

We are meeting at 10AM in LOVE Park, and stepping off to march around 10:20 or 10:30.

We will be joining the GRAA rally down at 5th and Market right about noon, if all goes well.

Finally, I talked to the guy who issues the permits for demonstrations this afternoon, and he sees no reason not to approve it. He was very, very upfront and professional and I got a really good feeling from talking to him.

(York County)

We are meeting at 10AM in LOVE Park, and stepping off to march around 10:20 or 10:30.

We will be joining the GRAA rally down at 5th and Market right about noon, if all goes well.

Finally, I talked to the guy who issues the permits for demonstrations this afternoon, and he sees no reason not to approve it. He was very, very upfront and professional and I got a really good feeling from talking to him.

Does the permit request specify anything about carrying firearms on park grounds?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast