Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    I just bought 400 rounds of .233 at Walmart (American Eagle @ 5.59). This brings my levels to about 750 rounds. I only bought it because I can never find it.

Have about 700 rounds of .22, 300 rounds of 9mm, and 100 of .380.

Serious Question....why do people stock pile ammo?

Is it to be prepared for the End of the World?
    They can afford to.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Ever have a gun you had no ammo or mags to run it?

Me neither and I don't ever wanna, so buy (or reload) it cheap and stack it deep.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland_Shooter View Post
    Ever have a gun you had no ammo or mags to run it?

Me neither and I don't ever wanna, so buy (or reload) it cheap and stack it deep.
    Too late.

It's going... going...

I think I am set for a while - maybe 1-2 years. If I wasn't, I'd be in a buying mode, different from a buying mood because when it comes to guns I am ALWAYS in a buying mood

(Allegheny County)

I try to buy my ammo so I am stocked for the year at a time at a good price.

That way I dont have to buy (and have shipped) several cases throughout the year, I can just grab ammo and hit the range and not be concerned about prices or availability, and since I shoot a good amount, compete, and take a fair amount of training courses it behooves me to have "stock" piled up.

4 years or so ago before the election I had stockpiled for the next year..... was glad I did since all you guys where posting updates on the one box of ammo you found at WM and I had classes to attend and shooting to do ! I know more than one guy who didnt enroll in a course they wanted to take at that time because either they couldnt get the ammo or it was too expensive. Imagine a $450 class and you need 1k of ammo and you where a .45 shooter at that time just after the election !

If I get half way through my stock or so and conditions for restock look bad I can slow down my consumption and conserve until the market settles some. When the market moves like this it makes a lot of sense to have a good amount of stock and only buy when prices are decent (I doubt they will ever be "good" again ).

(Northampton County)

I think I am set for a while - maybe 1-2 years. If I wasn't, I'd be in a buying mode, different from a buying mood because when it comes to guns I am ALWAYS in a buying mood
    Good

You're going to need more than that, but that should help if you shoot slow, play it smart, and wait for deals. You'll get raped, but by smaller cocks than the people that have nothing and suddenly find they need 1000 rounds of whatever is in stock for a class or range trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Good

You're going to need more than that, but that should help if you shoot slow, play it smart, and wait for deals. You'll get raped, but by smaller cocks than the people that have nothing and suddenly find they need 1000 rounds of whatever is in stock for a class or range trip.
    Took a training course when ammo was scarce. I had mine and a guy comes in and says he'll stop on the way to the range to get what he needed.

I just laughed out loud.

Naturally, he never showed.

(Northampton County)

Took a training course when ammo was scarce. I had mine and a guy comes in and says he'll stop on the way to the range to get what he needed.

I just laughed out loud.

Naturally, he never showed.
    Yup. You got it figured out. We all wish we had more ammo, but you are making informed decisions, and been-there done-that.

Well Boys, I am currently at 2000 rounds .233, 500 9mm, 300 .45, 300 .40, and 3000 .22. With my Mini-14 and SR556...I am ready for when the Zombies come.

Y'all scared me....lol

(Cumberland County)

I honestly don't know exactly how much ammo I have loaded. My best guess.

45 700-900
    9mm 1000-1200
    223 3000-3500
    25acp 200-300
    38 300-350
    357 100-150
    30-06 200
    270 200
    20ga 1300
    12ga 3000

And plenty of supplies to load a lot more. I normally try to keep a few thousand 45 on hand since that is what I shoot the most but been busy reloading 223, 12 and 20ga.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast