Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (York County)

Default Re: Once again, I was glad I have my LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by Leftloose View Post
    I drive fast and spend most of my time in the left lane myself, but if someone comes up behind me, I friggin' get over....it just courteous....I'm not a traffic cop and it's not my job to police the highways like some others seem to think it's their responsibility.

Remember, purposefully pissing someone else off while driving, regardless of how "right" you think you are, is just another form of road rage...passive aggressive. You don't own the road and you are not a police officer, so nothing gives you the right to enforce the law as you see fit.

Sounds like we share the same driving style & mindset, so let me pose this scenerio to you & ask what you'd have done:

Speed limit is 65. You are in the passing lane about midway or just shy of midway along a very long line of cars in the right lane who are flowing at about 68-70. You are neither lumbering along just barely passing nor are you blowing the doors off of the cars to your right but rather you are passing them at a normal passing rate just trying to get to the front of the line. A car flies up on you @ what must be well over 100 & in seconds gets so close that you can't see his headlights. You look in your mirror & you can't merge to the right without hitting or cutting someone off. The line is spaced such that you can't get to your right without cutting someone off & noone seems interested in giving you any room to get over.
    If you speed up, realistically you'll need to exceed 100 to apease te buttplug, & if you slow down to fall in behind the end of the line to your right you'll really be putting flame to the fuse.

What would you have done in that situation?
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    Sounds like we share the same driving style & mindset, so let me pose this scenerio to you & ask what you'd have done:

Speed limit is 65. You are in the passing lane about midway or just shy of midway along a very long line of cars in the right lane who are flowing at about 68-70. You are neither lumbering along just barely passing nor are you blowing the doors off of the cars to your right but rather you are passing them at a normal passing rate just trying to get to the front of the line. A car flies up on you @ what must be well over 100 & in seconds gets so close that you can't see his headlights. You look in your mirror & you can't merge to the right without hitting or cutting someone off. The line is spaced such that you can't get to your right without cutting someone off & noone seems interested in giving you any room to get over.
    If you speed up, realistically you'll need to exceed 100 to apease te buttplug, & if you slow down to fall in behind the end of the line to your right you'll really be putting flame to the fuse.

I also drive in the fashion that you do. I refuse to let a car behind me drive me or control what I am doing. In the scenario you mention I would either maintain my speed that I am doing or slow down. Then move over into the right lane.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post

I would have pretty much held my speed or accelerated just a bit, maybe, if it was reasonable. A lot depends on how big a jackass the other guy is being.....in my book courtesy begets courtesy. I'm not saying the OP did anything wrong with that end of things.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567