Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ohio allows PA residents to CCW

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Aren't the licenses uniform throughout the State now?
    If they are then this is a step down from what Allegheny had issued. My old one was like a drivers licence or a credit card. The new one is a photo printed on a thick paper card and laminated. Also in Allegheny (at least the day I was there) the printer was shit and it printed very red. I look like I have rosacea, have pink lipstick, and a pink shirt on. The shirt I had on was a dark blue shirt. Also the text was not as well defined on the previous licence.
    Last edited by QuackXP; March 23rd, 2015 at 09:36 AM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

They're all uniform in design, but some sheriffs may be using crappy cameras set at low resolution and printing out the cards at the lowest quality...probably as a cost saving measure...

Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyHermit View Post
    Hokay... From an Ohio Newspaperhttp://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...hio-today.html

"and makes concealed-carry permits issued from other states valid in Ohio, even without a reciprocity agreement."
    Whoops, I completely misunderstood. That bill changed 10 times the last day....Yes, you are good to go.
    Last edited by Tonik; March 23rd, 2015 at 03:47 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Aren't the licenses uniform throughout the State now?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    If they are then this is a step down from what Allegheny had issued. My old one was like a drivers licence or a credit card. The new one is a photo printed on a thick paper card and laminated. Also in Allegheny (at least the day I was there) the printer was shit and it printed very red. I look like I have rosacea, have pink lipstick, and a pink shirt on. The shirt I had on was a dark blue shirt. Also the text was not as well defined on the previous licence.
    Yes, they are all the same now (starting May 2011) and yes they have taken a step backward in quality. DELCO used to use a credit card type stock. Now, as you mentioned, it's heavy paper laminated.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Yes, they are all the same now (starting May 2011) and yes they have taken a step backward in quality. DELCO used to use a credit card type stock. Now, as you mentioned, it's heavy paper laminated.
    That makes sense, I got my first LTCF in 2010.

As much as I want to thin out my wallet, the newness of the law, the fact that they state "concealed" permit rather than something more broad in the text, and the shittyness of the PA LTCF ill keep my UT one in my wallet just in case.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Jefferson County)

PA's new LTCF shouldn't be a problem. There is a verification phone number on it for any OH LEO's to check if it is a valid license.

Even though our LTCF doesn't say "Concealed" on it, it is in fact a license to conceal.
    Last edited by knight0334; May 29th, 2015 at 06:28 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Knight,
    Whitefeather had a fairly stern warning a couple of pages back about possible problems with the PA LTCF being "100%" legal, due to potential conflicting wording with other OH requirements.

As far as you know, has there been any further information regarding that? Should we continue to seek some kind of written verification from the OH AG?

Hopefully we are just good to go.

Thanks in advance.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    As much as I want to thin out my wallet, the newness of the law, the fact that they state "concealed" permit rather than something more broad in the text, and the shittyness of the PA LTCF ill keep my UT one in my wallet just in case.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
    Should we continue to seek some kind of written verification from the OH AG?
    And this.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
    Knight,
    Whitefeather had a fairly stern warning a couple of pages back about possible problems with the PA LTCF being "100%" legal, due to potential conflicting wording with other OH requirements.

As far as you know, has there been any further information regarding that? Should we continue to seek some kind of written verification from the OH AG?

Hopefully we are just good to go.

Thanks in advance.
    The new passage in law doesn't require the new blanket reciprocity to abide by typical reciprocal requirements. The law states clearly that a valid license from another state SHALL be recognized and the person bearing said license can carry concealed in OH under the privileges as if they were licensed by OH.

There is nothing confusing about the text in bold below.

109.69 [Effective 3/23/2015] Reciprocity agreement.

(A)

(1) The attorney general shall negotiate and enter into a reciprocity agreement with any other license-issuing state under which a concealed handgun license that is issued by the other state is recognized in this state, except as provided in division (B) of this section, if the attorney general determines that both of the following apply:

(a) The eligibility requirements imposed by that license-issuing state for that license are substantially comparable to the eligibility requirements for a concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.

(b) That license-issuing state recognizes a concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.

(2) A reciprocity agreement entered into under division (A)(1) of this section also may provide for the recognition in this state of a concealed handgun license issued on a temporary or emergency basis by the other license-issuing state, if the eligibility requirements imposed by that license-issuing state for the temporary or emergency license are substantially comparable to the eligibility requirements for a concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code and if that license-issuing state recognizes a concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.1213 of the Revised Code.

(3) The attorney general shall not negotiate any agreement with any other license-issuing state under which a concealed handgun license issued by the other state is recognized in this state other than as provided in divisions (A)(1) and (2) of this section.

(B)

(1) If, on or after the effective date of this amendment, a person who is a resident of this state has a valid concealed handgun license that was issued by another license-issuing state that has entered into a reciprocity agreement with the attorney general under division (A)(1) of this section or the attorney general determines that the eligibility requirements imposed by that license-issuing state for that license are substantially comparable to the eligibility requirements for a concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code, the license issued by the other license-issuing state shall be recognized in this state, shall be accepted and valid in this state, and grants the person the same right to carry a concealed handgun in this state as a person who was issued a concealed handgun license under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.

(2) If, on or after the effective date of this amendment, a person who is a resident of this state has a valid concealed handgun license that was issued by another license-issuing state that has not entered into a reciprocity agreement with the attorney general under division (A)(1) of this section, the license issued by the other license-issuing state shall be recognized in this state, shall be accepted and valid in this state, and grants the person the same right to carry a concealed handgun in this state as a person who was issued a concealed handgun license under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code for a period of six months after the person became a resident of this state. After that six-month period, if the person wishes to obtain a concealed handgun license, the person shall apply for a concealed handgun license pursuant to section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.

(3) If, on or after the effective date of this amendment, a person who is not a resident of this state has a valid concealed handgun license that was issued by another license-issuing state, regardless of whether the other license-issuing state has entered into a reciprocity agreement with the attorney general under division (A)(1) of this section, and the person is temporarily in this state, during the time that the person is temporarily in this state the license issued by the other license-issuing state shall be recognized in this state, shall be accepted and valid in this state, and grants the person the same right to carry a concealed handgun in this state as a person who was issued a concealed handgun license under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.

(C) The attorney general shall publish each determination described in division (B)(1) of this section that the attorney general makes in the same manner that written agreements entered into under division (A)(1) or (2) of this section are published.

(D) As used in this section:

(1) "Handgun," "concealed handgun license," and "valid concealed handgun license" have the same meanings as in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code.

(2) "License-issuing state" means a state other than this state that, pursuant to law, provides for the issuance of a license to carry a concealed handgun.

Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 234, §1, eff. 3/23/2015.

Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.190, HB 495, §1, eff. 3/27/2013.

Effective Date: 04-08-2004
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Thanks, Knight! I saw no ambiguity either. I appreciate your quick response.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast