Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Good/bad areas around Brodheadsville?

It's has been on and off the market from Dec, as soon as looked at it they took a offer and it's now under contract.

Thanks for the link Dreadly, I need to keep away from short sales due to VA rules about getting things fixed after inspection. But it's what I'm looking for so I will research it more Wed.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; August 2nd, 2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    It's has been on and off the market from Dec, as soon as looked at it they took a offer and it's now under contract.
    Did you buy it?

(Monroe County)

No they had a offer fall through and then it was back on again after I looked at it. My agent told them to call us if it falls through again.

We are looking at a house on Long MTN rd. But they are asking $229k. I'm only approved to 200k. One agent thinks they might come down. I feel I would be low balling the hell out of them, the offer price is right for it.

So I'm going to do my 2nd look on Friday, throw out the offer and see what happens.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Couple things to consider. Newer construction will have higher taxes. With an older mature lot you may get away from a sand mound. If you work or do a lot of your business then being south of 209 can be great.
    If I head to WM in Nazareth it takes me as long to get to the Saylorsburg on-ramp as it does to get from there to WM.

Long Mountain, isn't that the one from Gilbert behind Turkey Hill up past the cemetery?

(Monroe County)

Not sure what size home you are looking at but there is a huge number of homes on the market right now, unless you are absolutely sold on that house (or need to move) you can probably do better

yeah I'm pretty sure thats Long Mnt road, not the best in the winter but I think Recon can make it up :P. Would still be PV school district, think taxes are going to be inline with the other houses that you looked at.

supposedly (haha) they are doing a property reassessment to realign the taxes again... will it happen? not likely, at least not anytime soon.

You are going to want to learn back ways everywhere of course and there is no fast way to get anywhere from there. you are 15 - 20 mins to a highway in any direction but with traffic (especially on 209 towards 33) you can easily double that.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    supposedly (haha) they are doing a property reassessment to realign the taxes again... will it happen? not likely, at least not anytime soon.
    That won't happen any time soon because of the cost and the fact values are at an all time low. They'll reassess when values are sky high.

Right in the backyard of that house is a 4400 sg ft LTS house for 213,000 and a couple doors down a sweet rancher for 184,000

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    That won't happen any time soon because of the cost and the fact values are at an all time low. They'll reassess when values are sky high.

Right in the backyard of that house is a 4400 sg ft LTS house for 213,000 and a couple doors down a sweet rancher for 184,000
    Never know, we did just get notice that our NEW street addresses (instead of RR boxes) are going into effect this year... pretty sure they've been promising that for 20 years+ years? :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Never know, we did just get notice that our NEW street addresses (instead of RR boxes) are going into effect this year... pretty sure they've been promising that for 20 years+ years? :P
    That was pushed through by emergency services and 911. It was truly a necessity because EMS was having big issues and GPS only works on about 1/2 the area.

Sad when fire trucks had to ride around and look for the flames.
    I have a Saylorsburg address, use Fern Ridge PSP and my cable company considers me Effort.

(Monroe County)

Couple things to consider. Newer construction will have higher taxes. With an older mature lot you may get away from a sand mound. If you work or do a lot of your business then being south of 209 can be great.
    If I head to WM in Nazareth it takes me as long to get to the Saylorsburg on-ramp as it does to get from there to WM.

Long Mountain, isn't that the one from Gilbert behind Turkey Hill up past the cemetery?
    Yes it is.

(Monroe County)

That was pushed through by emergency services and 911. It was truly a necessity because EMS was having big issues and GPS only works on about 1/2 the area.

Sad when fire trucks had to ride around and look for the flames.
    I have a Saylorsburg address, use Fern Ridge PSP and my cable company considers me Effort.
    Well we did 911 addys like 15 years ago but no one used them, so I guess they are hoping people will now? :P

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast