Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 56 of 461 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Walmart Ammo Thread

The ammo shelves of the WM in Tunkhannock have been bare since before the immaculation of BHO. Imagine my surprise last friday when I walked past on my way to garden center and saw the shelves partly stocked with various calibers and with 5 or 6 boxes of 100 count Winchester white box .45 FMJ. I just had to scoop up 2 boxes. Not to hoard, but to get back to the range and maybe participate in an IDPA this weekend.

Price was still $31.87 ( not sure the exact pennies ) same price as last fall.

Muldoon

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Sorry but knowing WM I don't believe that for a second, there's no way in hell ammo distributors would ship less than a case of any caliber.
    Should have clarified when I said "they" I meant the people working the counter at walmart. I'm positive they don't handle ammunition at the distro center though because the only people I associated with while working there were a bunch of guys who hunt/reload and they told me there's no ammo handled at that facility in tobyhanna atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I'm kind of apprehensive about posting this. WM in Mt. Pocono, as of around 1pm today had over 100 boxes(50 count) of 9mm blazer brass @ 8.95. I bought two and called my friend, bought two for him. I guess since I'm posting this so late the stampede won't hit until after I go back in the morning with my girl so we can grab another 12 boxes. Buying 2 boxes of blazer brass is about 4 or 5 dollars cheaper than the 100 round valupak WWB.
    I've never shot any FMJ's through my gun except winchester, so if the blazer brass doesnt function like I want it to, I'm sure I can find someone to sell it to
    ETA: Or if I run out of ammo, I can scare the bad guys with my collection of blazer brass that I won't fire through my gun

On a side note, now I'm bothered, how is the quality of blazer brass?
    I shoot the Blazer Brass through my 40s&w. It loves it. Shoots as accurate as I need it to and i have never had any issues with it. The WWB on the other hand in 9mm doesnt feed worth crap through my carbine. Ive got 2 100rd boxes of it sitting in my closet. I now shoot mostly Federal through it and they work pretty good.
    No longer posting

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by bdevil73 View Post
    That's why I like the WM in Cranberry. The ammo isn't locked up like most other stores. I've gone in there at 3A.M. after work and bought ammo. I just went back and grabbed what I wanted and paid for it at the front registers.
    Uhh, it's behind the counter, presumably for a reason?

Edited to add: I've always been able to track someone down after-hours, and they always insist on walking me and the ammo to the front of the store and a register. Maybe I'm simply shady looking....

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    Uhh, it's behind the counter, presumably for a reason?

Edited to add: I've always been able to track someone down after-hours, and they always insist on walking me and the ammo to the front of the store and a register. Maybe I'm simply shady looking....
    The first time, I asked for someone working in the department. I was told to go ahead and get it and take it up front, so now I just do that. Never had a problem.

(Bucks County)

Since last year, I've been good for ammo. Reloading relieves that sense of being caught w/o ammo. But, I still browse the ammo shelves when encountered. Q-town walmart=embarrassingly(?) empty, especially handgun ammo. Nothing. Rifle= some 270Win, 300WinMag..maybe some 22minimag. Horrible situation.
    OTOH, they do have shotgun ammo..and it was not a bad price! Federal 100 paks 12ga-3dram(?) 7½ shot for $20.97 + tax, not bad. I got two.

(Northampton County)

walmart Easton on 248 had as of 7am about 10 boxes federal 223. No 9, 40, 45.

They also hot a case of 00 buckshot last night.

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    OTOH, they do have shotgun ammo..and it was not a bad price! Federal 100 paks 12ga-3dram(?) 7½ shot for $20.97 + tax, not bad. I got two.
    That's a target load for shooting clays and such, right? My local Dicks had 250 rd boxes of the Remington equivalent on sale for $25, down from the normal $30 price. I tried the Federal value stuff last year, kept having problems cycling with it which I heard was a common problem. Dicks also had 250rd boxoes of Winchester but I didn't see a price.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    On a happier note, patience and paying attention does pay off. In the last 10 days we have been able to stock 1600 rounds of 9mm, 1050 rounds of 40 S & W, 500 45 AP and 100 44 mag. Needless to say we aren't worrying about running out of ammo any time soon.
    have i mentioned that ill be at Sunset on Thursday to do some shooting with some people from work? feel free to drop by and blow some of your stash if you want.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    That's a target load for shooting clays and such, right? My local Dicks had 250 rd boxes of the Remington equivalent on sale for $25, down from the normal $30 price. I tried the Federal value stuff last year, kept having problems cycling with it which I heard was a common problem. Dicks also had 250rd boxoes of Winchester but I didn't see a price.
    Yeah, target stuff. That Dick's price sounds great. As far as Federal having probs..when I owned a semi, the only stuff that gave me trouble was the Winchester AA Val-Pak stuff. Didn't cycle well in my 870 either..never again.
    Never had a problem with Federal.

Page 56 of 461 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast