Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ***Pittsburgh City Council, 1/24/19, 1800 (6PM)***

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Come on buddy, we're getting old, what do we have to lose?
    You know, there's a hell of a lotta guys with guns of the "nothing to lose" age.

I think they know it too.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Draining the Pa swamp is going to be Herculean, if not impossible. To have mayors,councilpersons, AG's, DA's, governors, on and on, flagrantly violate the law with the attitude, screw you and the law (particularly along strict partisan ideology) shows just how upside down everything has become. Who are these people serving but themselves? It's one thing to be a SJW on You Tube. It's quite another to be using an elected position for it. None of this is new, but it's been allowed to metastasize to a point where cutting it out is no longer going to fix the problem. We can elect all the constitutionally driven reps we want. They get marginalized, become co-opted, or just quit in frustration. The one's that stick around won't get re-elected because their constituents for all their bravado during a campaign still want free stuff on some level or degree. What mechanism will fix that? Certainly nothing incremental, or traditional.

One thing is certain. The federal government can never be expected to be repaired until enough states get their own houses in order. I hope Pa can some day become one of them, but it's going to take a tidal wave, mass extinction of a mindset that has been fostered for over a century. How much time do you think we still have? I'm betting 10 years, 20 optimistically, and far less if the trend I see coming continues, and good people stand around with their hands in their pockets because the "Super Bowl" is more important (and conveniently distracting).

I have no clue how any of this is going to end, but I suspect it won't be the way any of us expect, better or worse.
    Nothing is impossible.
    Anything can be done with the will to make it happen and the heart to see it through.
    I am talking about full political engagement beyond just voting and hoping for the best.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The problem, we as citizens, shouldn't have to engage in a civil suit to do this. It is the duty of the DA and the AG's offices to prosecute these crimes.
    You are correct in theory. In truth, Hillary is still at large along with every other known criminal in Washington DC and the only person actually getting to the truth is Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch, a private organization.

Probably from an anti - 2A fact sheet. I feel sorry for kids like this. I believe most mean well, but they are really only spouting the propaganda they are getting at school. This is part of the generation the believes to the core of their being that giving up individual rights and property to the government is a good a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    It's all in the interpretation. Are they conspiring to " injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate"? Or are they "protecting us from harm"?
    Well I guess if we show up at a rally again in Pittsburgh carrying with us all the stuff they just banned, we are going to get an answer to that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Nothing is impossible.
    Anything can be done with the will to make it happen and the heart to see it through.
    I am talking about full political engagement beyond just voting and hoping for the best.
    Your optimism is impressive.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    So is there a law or stature that grants town council members from being prosecuted for knowingly violating the law? I keep hearing them say this but what about the official oppression they could be charged with? From my understanding that comes with up to a several year jail term and is for issues specifically like this. Do I think they will ultimately be charged even if this is squashed, well no but what makes them so confident they can simply break the law as they see fit with zero repercussions?
    Josh Shapiro.

Tom Wolf.

PA Supreme Court.

All wholly owned subsidiaries of Michael Bloomturd.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

(Bucks County)

I don't think this dirt bag council has much hope of this ordinance being upheld if it is passed.
    The law is pretty plain and it would be a bit of a stretch to frame it differently.
    I think the larger goal is to focus on eliminating preemption using the Pittsburg synagogue shooting as a springboard.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I wonder how the founding fathers handled tyrannical government.
    They of course sent Continentals to the NRA, received their free Chinese made tote bag and NRA logoed powdered wig, then sat back and cracked an ale.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 27th, 2019 at 06:32 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I don't think this dirt bag council has much hope of this ordinance being upheld if it is passed.
    The law is pretty plain and it would be a bit of a stretch to frame it differently.
    I think the larger goal is to focus on eliminating preemption using the Pittsburg synagogue shooting as a springboard.
    Agreed.
    Pittsburgh already has at least two anti-gun laws (ordinances?) on the books - they simply haven't enforced them.

I believe they will TRY to enforce an AWB, but ultimately, this is just a "come join us in defiance of a law we don't agree with and one we get enough of you mayors to join in, we can enact change at the state level."

Pedildo thinks he's Braveheart, or something - leading his followers to victory.

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast