Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 51 of 275 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Pa. Patriot ARRESTED at the OC dinner @ The Old Country Buffet in Dickson City 5/

Well Rich you are quite the Gun celebrity now. LOL Well done I say again!!!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Pa. Patriot ARRESTED at the OC dinner @ The Old Country Buffet in Dickson City 5/

As I kept trying to get through all the pages concerning Rich's illegal arrest, more pages just kept coming.

I would've read this and posted sooner. However, my full-time job has me on-call with Longhaul duty, so I sleep when I can and drive the rest of the time (been to Elizabeth, NJ and back and then Hagerstown, MD and back within a 24 hour period).

Rich, I'm sorry this had to be your first negative OC experience. Usually the first negative is a much "lighter" issue to deal with. Like others have said though, at least it couldn't have happened to a better person to deal with such issues.

I wish I could've been there, however, work schedule, as well as the financial situation (fuel prices vs. our family's budget), that many miles from my house isn't really a possibility. (Too bad I couldn't get a run to Binghamton that day or I would've stopped by - obviously unarmed though ).

I will make it a point to be at Gettysburg though.

All the ideas I could come up with to make sure these Dickson City officers are properly educated (along with the rest of this state) have already been expressed.

I also agree this should make its way to the larger media markets.

I'll be watching this closely to see what more transpires. Rich, you and your family have my full support on this. Best of luck to you and if there's anything I can do for you guys, please let me know.

+1 as well to OpenCarry.org for their Press Release.

-38SnubFan

(Lancaster County)

thehighroad.org

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=4492874

the others have already been posted i believe. I will have to double check later on.

I also posted at defensivecarry.com but they are really strict regarding coneal carry. I don't think it matters how the rights and law was violated. Gun owners should stick together regardless of their opinion of open or concealed carry. We would back them if they had the same issue conceal carrying.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869207
    Last edited by Evolution; May 11th, 2008 at 03:15 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusGuy View Post
    On the second time they removed me from the restaurant...

Gallagher had me against the wall...hands on the wall...asked me if I had any other weapons...I said, "I do not"...then I got frisked by one up and down while she went through my pockets and pulled out my wallet, my cell, receipts and other papers.
    From what I understand from what I was taught by Harrisburg PD during my internship, it is illegal for a female officer to search a male as well a male search a female. Not to mention they can not legally go into your pockets with out consent. Wow these jack asses stepped in it big time. Another thing I was thinking is did anyone bother to dial 911 and report an Illegal detention and search?? That would have really made things interesting huh? Wow the out of the box things I think of in the shower.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Learn from history...

show Id in demand- see zee papers? Gestapo,et al

My grandmother was a victim if Nazi scum. In WW2 she was living in Paris ( yes I have French background, but I am French like Lady Liberty, not the "new rifle, dropped once "French). One day she and a friend left the building they worked at to buy flowers from a vendor on the street that was set up right outside the building. They both forgot to bring their papers, and lo and behold a jack boot Nazi thug stops and detains them, asking for zee papers. They told him they had left them up in the office they work in and said they could go get them, but Mr Jack Boot Nazi would not let them go get them and instead took them to the Gestapo hq. My grandmother got the Jack Boot Thug runaround but they cleared her. However the Grestapo commander Jack Boot Thug told her she must kiss his Jack Boots before she could leave. She refused and so he said " which tooth shall we remove- a front one or a rear one?" In shock, she said "rear" ( if she had refused to answer, most likely she would have ended up in a "shower" followed by an oven). The Jack Boot Thugs removed a molar without any pain killers, and let her go. Her friend- she never saw her again. No knowing if the friend put up a fight, spat in the face of a Jack Boot Thug, or was found to be a jew or half jew, was railroaded as a suspected partisan, or whatever the Jack Booted Thugs decided to make her out to be.

So let this be a lesson for all, of what happens when Jack Boot Thugs get out of control. We must fight the menace before it can grow too big.

BTW, I have seen a bitchy female officer in action before. In the case I was a part of it was a mouthy little Park Police officer ( federal- they patrol the BW parkway between Baltimore and DC). First the cop car tailgates my friend who is driving, with high beams on. In front of us is some drunk weaving back and forth and going slow, speeding up, going slow again. In the left lane is constant traffic, so when he got a chance my friend got over and sped way ahead to get away from the tailgater and the drunk. We did not know the rude tailgater with high beams blinding us was a cop car. Well they followed and turned everything on and got us pulled over, having no interest in the drunk driver that was in front of us (the REAL criminal). Anyway we get this bitch woman and this guy, ask the usual, tell me to put my hands on the dash, ask my friend and I if we had any drinks that evening. We told them the raw honest truth becuase we are both law abiding honest citizens. My friend had 2, I had 1, and we had wandered about a mall for an hour afterwards before leaving, AND had eaten a huge amount of food. The mall was Tysons 2 in VA. Well the 2 cops got real shitty and made my friend get out and do a sobriety test, WHICH HE PASSED just fine. They then proceeded to frisk him and go through his pockets! Was this legal???? Then they gave him shit over these ear plugs he had in there. However the cops , if they asked to search the vehicle, would have been told NO by this guy, and I recall they searched no part of the vehicle. And yes 2 more cops showed up. They then asked me to get out and do the sobriety test, which I too passed JUST FINE. They ticketed my friend some 500.00 ticket, harrassed him, and then made me have to drive to leave, even though he passed the sobriety test JUST FINE.

He contested and we went to court months later. Little Ms Jack Boot Thug Bitch showed up and made her whiny lil testimony. Then I bravely took the stand and told my side of the story, and my friend said the bitch cop looked squirmy. This was the first time I ever really stood up for something, and I am often shy and have anxiety problems, and hate being around places of conflict, or to stir up trouble even if justified. It made no difference though, the system exists to make money off traffic tickets. The whole reveiw process was stalled for YEARS and I broke up my friendship with this guy before he found out wether he was going to get his money back or not from the paid ticket.

Needless to say I have a dislike for police, in fact I have always distrusted police. I guess when a I was a kid a big scary police officer must have looked too imposing to me. Maybe I was cueing into body language, reading " I am a big baddass cop Jack Boot Thug". In my early adult years I met 2 cops that were decent and fair, and when I lived in PA 2 years, the southern York County cops in the area seemed decent enough with the 3 times I encountered them. The 3rd time involved the issue of gun ownership, and it was when I broke up with the man I mentioned above! I told him to get his stuff and be gone from my life, after locking him and his crazy daughter out the night before. He called the police and his big thing was I owned a gun LOL. I have no idea what BS he said when he made the call, but the responding officer said that my kicking him out of my house was not a crime, and my owning a gun was also not a crime, unless I had committed a crime with it- uhhh like brandishing or something? So the cop left.

(York County)

I was just about to come here and link to the post at THR.

As was commented in that thread by someone else, I wished the Press Release would have contained less rhetoric and emotionally charged language. Beginning the Press Release with the words, "Sieg Heil!" marginalizes the victims and colors the story right from the beginning. Its going to be overlooked by the media as a serious story much less picked up and ran anywhere.

If this does make national news, I would really hate to see what happened twisted and misinterpreted by the media, and in turn the average American. The purpose of a Press Release is not to get your word out to "your own team". Its to reach out and connect with the average American, have him identify with the victim and convince him what happened to the victim could happen to him or his family. At that point he becomes angry, too.

Beginning a Press Release "Sieg Heil!", and filling it with emotionally charged language does just the opposite of those things. Its only my .02 cents but if this does get honest attention, please consider rewording that Press Release with the average American audience in mind.
    West Shore Sportsmen's Association WSSA Home page

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Read my bit about my Grandma vs Nazis above, and the sieg heil is put into context better.

(Armstrong County)

Hello All
    I posted PA Patriot's post #416 on 2 of the forums I run.
    http://www.pmsconline.com/forum and http://www.1stpa-militia.net/forum
    Thank You
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BullfrogKen View Post
    I was just about to come here and link to the post at THR.

As was commented in that thread by someone else, I wished the Press Release would have contained less rhetoric and emotionally charged language. Beginning the Press Release with the words, "Sieg Heil!" marginalizes the victims and colors the story right from the beginning. Its going to be overlooked by the media as a serious story much less picked up and ran anywhere.

If this does make national news, I would really hate to see what happened twisted and misinterpreted by the media, and in turn the average American. The purpose of a Press Release is not to get your word out to "your own team". Its to reach out and connect with the average American, have him identify with the victim and convince him what happened to the victim could happen to him or his family. At that point he becomes angry, too.

Beginning a Press Release "Sieg Heil!", and filling it with emotionally charged language does just the opposite of those things. Its only my .02 cents but if this does get honest attention, please consider rewording that Press Release with the average American audience in mind.

I agree.

Perhaps it could be edited? There are often t or 3 slightly different versions of a press release floating around, let's change it a bit.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    Hello All
    I posted PA Patriot's post #416 on 2 of the forums I run.
    http://www.pmsconline.com/forum and http://www.1stpa-militia.net/forum
    Thank You
    Ed Stephan
    I don't see it on the PA militia site (I registered). Do you have a link?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 51 of 275 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast