Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Wrangler

(York County)

Default Re: Ruger Wrangler

Just pre ordered the all black model. $199.99 shipped to FFL from sportsman outdoor superstore. Now the wait....

Quote Originally Posted by AJRB View Post
    Just pre ordered the all black model. $199.99 shipped to FFL from sportsman outdoor superstore. Now the wait....
    Grab a Gun has the black model on Monday but I’d like to hold out for the two tone bronze model and some actual non paid user feedback.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Grab a Gun has the black model on Monday but I’d like to hold out for the two tone bronze model and some actual non paid user feedback.
    I'm trying to get my hands on the bronze model to review now. I have two local shops checking distributor's for me. I like that one too. Hopefully I can get one soon.

(Clearfield County)

I am inclined to wait until Christmas, just to see if they go on sale for $179 or so.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I am inclined to wait until Christmas, just to see if they go on sale for $179 or so.
    I don't think you will have to wait that long. I saw a pre-order on another site for 179.00 but shipping was not included.

Quote Originally Posted by AJRB View Post
    I don't think you will have to wait that long. I saw a pre-order on another site for 179.00 but shipping was not included.
    I see some advertising it as low as $156.00 before shipping, however no one has it in stock.

https://gun.deals/product/ruger-wran...preorder-19999

(Lackawanna County)

I purchased a Wrangler (the black version) from my LGS. It was $159.00.

(While there I also bought a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2 - 9mm Glock magazine version. The Sub 2000 was just a random add on.)

The Wrangler is a decent gun...especially for its price. I am not a fan of Ruger's loading process. There is no "half cock" to open the gate and load...just open the gate and the cylinder freely spins. There is no "click" when each chamber comes around to be loaded. Since there is no "click" (indexing) of the chambers, once the gate is closed, you have to give the cylinder a slight turn to sync the next chamber with the barrel. If this is not done, the trigger won't pull (not a bad feature to prevent the firing pin from nicking/firing a round that is not lined up with the barrel. I'm not sure this is a Wrangler issue though. It might be a Ruger issue. I seem to recall having the same issue with my brother's Ruger Single-Ten. Other than that, my only complaint with the Wrangler is its grips are really cheap plastic...not surprising for the price, and easily upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I purchased a Wrangler (the black version) from my LGS. It was $159.00.

(While there I also bought a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2 - 9mm Glock magazine version. The Sub 2000 was just a random add on.)

The Wrangler is a decent gun...especially for its price. I am not a fan of Ruger's loading process. There is no "half cock" to open the gate and load...just open the gate and the cylinder freely spins. There is no "click" when each chamber comes around to be loaded. Since there is no "click" (indexing) of the chambers, once the gate is closed, you have to give the cylinder a slight turn to sync the next chamber with the barrel. If this is not done, the trigger won't pull (not a bad feature to prevent the firing pin from nicking/firing a round that is not lined up with the barrel. I'm not sure this is a Wrangler issue though. It might be a Ruger issue. I seem to recall having the same issue with my brother's Ruger Single-Ten. Other than that, my only complaint with the Wrangler is its grips are really cheap plastic...not surprising for the price, and easily upgraded.
    Did they have any of the burnt bronze?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Did they have any of the burnt bronze?
    Nope. They only had the black one, but it was the model I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Nope. They only had the black one, but it was the model I wanted.
    Mind sharing the name of the shop? That’s a damn good price and hard to pass up on any color.

Grips from the single six will fit and there should be a decent amount of aftermarket ones to choose from.

This guy hand makes some nice grips. I have a set of his panels on my GP100 and they are pretty. They do sell out quickly.

http://chigsgrips.com/
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 8th, 2019 at 10:03 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast