Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: New member. Have some questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Most of the people that I have come across in my life that feel the need to open carry and advertise that they have a weapon and want to throw around the words of the constituion
    i don't open carry much (though i fully support those who do). i do use the word constitution a lot...don't throw it around, though. i take the constitution kinda seriously--given that it's the very foundation of our society.

many politicians and many anti-gun people, on the other hand, throw the word constitution around like it doesn't actually mean anything. they think the constitution is something that is to be ignored when it is inconvenient. is that how you think?

and exercise their " RAGHTS" have almost always been the type of pee-pee touching whackers that should not have the damn weapon in the first place.
    despite the fact that i actually think the constitution might be a somewhat important document <please note the sarcasm in regards to "might be" and "somewhat">...and can't find the clause that says the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to those who pronounce the word rights funny or who have a habit of touching their pee-pee's...i'd say i should have the damn weapon.

frankly, if anyone should not be allowed to have a weapon, it is people who think they can judge who the second amendment should or should not apply to. you see, such people apparently do not really take the constitution very seriously. thus, those people are prone to ignore it, twist it, etc. this undermines the very foundation of our society (rule of law) and leads to tyranny.

It is people like these that are the greatest threat to the 2nd ammendment.
    nah...the greatest threat to the 2nd amendment are those who don't simply read it for what it says and don't believe that it should be applied as it reads. in other words, the greatest threat to the 2nd amendment are those who want to ignore or distort it.

LIke the guy here who lost his privlege, thats right privlege to carry a concealed fire arm because he could not follow simple requests from a constable at the polls.
    despite what the government says, carrying a concealed firearm is not a privilege. the PA constitution says the right to bear arms "shall not be questioned". asking whether your are going to carry concealed or open is a question. the US constitution says the right to bear arms "shall not be infringed". again, requiring a license for bearing arms in a certain manner (concealed) is an infringement (the right does not have to be completely obliterated to be infringed...just encroached upon).

He made a stink and is now making the rest us look like morons.
    not at all. he did not make us look like morons. if anyone looks like a moron in this case it is:

1. the constable who did not even know the laws he was supposedly trying to enforce;

2. the sheriff who initially said the gun was used in an "apparently illegal manner" and then apparently backed off of that claim and switched it to "not following the requests of a constable" even though there is absolutely no requirement whatsoever for anyone to follow any request of any LEO unless what the LEO is requesting is dictated by law. a constable can request anything he wants, but neither he nor the sheriff have any right to expect that request to be followed unless the law says that particular request must be followed (or the person, purely voluntarily, just decides to follow the request anyway). the constable could request that you put on a steelers hat before voting, but there is no need to follow that request either.

but deep down you know I'm right.
    deep down i know you are wrong.

the deep down reality is that rule of law is the foundation of this country...and the ultimate law of the land is the constitution. and, the more we lose sight of that, the more we lose america.

anyway, welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; November 26th, 2007 at 05:29 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I want to know which one is EM, but I'm afraid to find out.
    they are all EM.

you didn't actually think EM was only one person, did you?

i mean, just look at his post count...EM cannot be just one person.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    they are all EM.

you didn't actually think EM was only one person, did you?

i mean, just look at his post count...EM cannot be just one person.

ROTFL!
    My secret is out.
    Now I'ma gonna haveta' keel ya'!!!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I want to know which one is EM, but I'm afraid to find out.

Is he the one in the back flashing the peace sign?
    My bet is the one in the front flashing the peace sign...

(Allegheny County)

Ok...
    I disagree with you brown bear but i am not as eloquent a speaker as some on here. I am proud when people stand up for my "Raghts". Many folks have died to keep our country free. I feel like one way to pay our respect to those who have given there lives for ours is to exorcise the rights granted to us under the constitution.
    I agree that we should be responsible with our rights. BUT we should not blindly criticize others for standing up for what they believe in. After all when people were fighting for the 8 hour work day they were considered wingnuts to the tenth power. Yet now working 8 hours in a day is considered the standard...
    I have never open carried. Some day i may. If a fellow member of this forum has there right taken away from them for carrying their GUN in a place where it is completely legal to do so we should support them not criticize them. I am also new to this list and have only met a few folks face to face but i feel like folk on here are generally some good people. I have never met gnbrotz but i am proud of him for standing up for all of our rights.
    I also feel if a government takes away a right, then gives you a little piece of it back, it is not a privilege only a slight fraction of what we should be able to do. (I have to go adjust my freedom lovin foil hat now)
    Thank you EM, LRT, PApatriot and so many others for your posts. Im glad you dont live in kannadia anymore French...
    welcome to the forum brown bear folks here realy are on point...
    -A

LIke the guy here who lost his privlege, thats right privlege to carry a concealed fire arm because he could not follow simple requests from a constable at the polls. He made a stink and is now making the rest us look like morons.

I've been really bummed since I read this thread. I don't want to look like a moron.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    ...Most of the people that I have come across in my life that feel the need to open carry ..... have almost always been the type of pee-pee touching whackers that should not have the damn weapon in the first place.
    I had another thought I can't let go

Are you saying you don't touch your pee-pee? Or, oh my, that you neither "whack" nor have you "whacked" your pee-pee? feels a little dirty, talking like that

I mean seriously?

You've never touched or, forgive me for repeating this, "whacked" your pee-pee and therefor your allowed to carry a gun?

Now your not only being unreasonable and overbearing but you're a liar too!

(Delaware County)

patriot
    what if brown bear is a nun?? think before you post man...

Brown bear
    I dont open carry, i almost always have something covering my FIREARM (yes i said firearm, not gun, not weapon). Now for instance if im at a resturant and i sit to eat, i would take my jacket off. If i had my shirt tucked in or even over my gun i would not be able to get to it fast enough if i had to. If at soem point my gun is exposed, i dont care. Because soem people stand up for a rights i have the right to let my gun show. I chose not to walk around OC because it coudl upset my customers. While i could care less if they like or hate my pistol, if i loose business i cant afford ammo.
    Last edited by Chevmeister; November 26th, 2007 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    I had another thought I can't let go

Are you saying you don't touch your pee-pee? Or, oh my, that you neither "whack" nor have you "whacked" your pee-pee? feels a little dirty, talking like that

I mean seriously?

You've never touched or, forgive me for repeating this, "whacked" your pee-pee and therefor your allowed to carry a gun?

Now your not only being unreasonable and overbearing but you're a liar too!
    I guess whacking your pee-pee is okay as long as you don't open carry it!
    I don't even have a pee-pee and I carry a gun. I better start a thread about that because maybe I am illegal. I must have missed that pee-pee question on the app for LTCF.
    Now i'm scared this is a public forum and I just put it out there that I don't have a pee-pee. Think my LTCF will be revoked?

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I guess whacking your pee-pee is okay as long as you don't open carry it!
    I don't even have a pee-pee and I carry a gun. I better start a thread about that because maybe I am illegal. I must have missed that pee-pee question on the app for LTCF.
    Now i'm scared this is a public forum and I just put it out there that I don't have a pee-pee. Think my LTCF will be revoked?

Michele don't worry abuot whacking pee pee, you can slap the Glock, its been established your one of the guys here even if you have all the wrong parts
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast