Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Area Firearms Law Workshop October

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    I would attend the workshop if it were somewhere north of Pittsburgh .
    Like Crafton? If interested make the 23 mile jaunt from cranberry.

Because this event is still not set in stone, I'll clarify the policy on payments & how we handle changes:

If the scheduled event falls through, everybody who pre-paid gets a full refund.

If it becomes a video conference instead, everybody who signed up for the live in-person workshop gets the option to back out and get a refund, or you can attend the video conference.

The only time I stick to the "no refunds" policy is when the scheduled workshop is held but someone doesn't attend. Even then, I usually let them apply the $50 towards the next scheduled workshop.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Because this event is still not set in stone, I'll clarify the policy on payments & how we handle changes:

If the scheduled event falls through, everybody who pre-paid gets a full refund.

If it becomes a video conference instead, everybody who signed up for the live in-person workshop gets the option to back out and get a refund, or you can attend the video conference.

The only time I stick to the "no refunds" policy is when the scheduled workshop is held but someone doesn't attend. Even then, I usually let them apply the $50 towards the next scheduled workshop.
    Is the enrollment anywhere near where it needs to be at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmcbowflex View Post
    Is the enrollment anywhere near where it needs to be at this time?
    Not yet, but there's time.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by M&P Chris View Post
    Like Crafton? If interested make the 23 mile jaunt from cranberry.

I am sorry for posting on your post***Gun Law 001 asked for sugguestions on how to get enrollment up and I made a sugguestion if I had known I would get such a WISE response I would not have posted.

Crafton Volunteer Fire Department
    8 Stotz Avenue
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205

With a Pittsburgh address IHMO it is Pittsburgh.

Yes, I was interested and looking forward to attending a Gun Law Workshop but after changing a two day workshop to one day and then the above response from Gun Law's representative I wouldn't attend the Workshop if it was across the street from house.

Good Luck I still hope you get your numbers in Crafton.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

. . . changing a two day workshop to one day . . .
    Each session of the Firearms Law Workshop is ordinarily up to 4 hours, usually from 1 PM to no later than 5 PM, making for an easy afternoon, with Session I followed a week later by Session II on consecutive Sundays. Because of the logistics of getting me to the location, it seemed like a good idea to do 4 hours in the morning and 4 in the afternoon, basically the same time frame as a normal person's work day, with a break for lunch in the middle.

It's a long day, but the feedback I have been getting is that the time goes by quickly, the Q&A format keeps people involved and I don't read from a prepared script. The Sessions may also be selected separately, anyone interested in just one of them has no obligation to take both, but the material doesn't overlap so you'll miss out on useful info and strategies.

(Allegheny County)

Maybe more wouldc attend if 8 hours of CUE were offered.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Mercer County)

Gun Law001:

You addressed the item in my post that was of the least importance to me...I can deal with the having two 4 hour sessions in one day.

BUT

I was making a sugguestion as to how you could up the enrollment in you work shop, so I posted moving the location north of Pittsburgh. My reasoning for a Cranberry location is you could draw enrollment from Northwestern Pa and Pittsburgh with a more central location than Pittsburgh.

I will not deal with the WISE remarks your representative made when I was only making a sugguestion as requested on how to get enrollment up. This is the main problem for me.

If interested make the 23 mile jaunt from cranberry. My wise remark to this is: I wouldn't attend the Workshop if it was across the street from the house.
    Last edited by MOUNTAINORACLE; September 16th, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

There are over 300,000 people living in the city of Pittsburgh, I'm hoping that at least 20 of them own guns.

Honestly, anyone unwilling to drive half an hour for a day-long class is probably not terribly interested in attending, and that's OK, it's not for everyone. It doesn't offer CLE credits, it doesn't get you over a hoop for a Utah or Florida permit, all we do is educate you about the laws we live under and maybe keep you out of jail, while at the same time offering a few tricks around some of the traps, and provide an opportunity to spend a day with other pro-2nd Amendment folks.

Every location is going to be near some people, further from others. Locating close to the largest metropolitan area in western PA seems like a smart move.

(Bucks County)

I was making a sugguestion as to how you could up the enrollment in you work shop, so I posted moving the location north of Pittsburgh. My reasoning for a Cranberry location is you could draw enrollment from Northwestern Pa and Pittsburgh with a more central location than Pittsburgh.

I will not deal with the WISE remarks your representative made when I was only making a sugguestion as requested on how to get enrollment up. This is the main problem for me.

If interested make the 23 mile jaunt from cranberry. My wise remark to this is: I wouldn't attend the Workshop if it was across the street from the house.

All I can say is wow. People put this presentation together, M&P Chris volunteers his time to make the thread, and Gunlwyer drives 5 hours to the site. Yet all you do is bitch it is not close enough to you. You must not value the information from one of the most competent attorneys I have met.

I attended a workshop last weekend and people traveled more than 23 miles to get there. The workshop was scheduled from 1 -5, making sure it did not go past 5. GL rapped up at 4:55, did not take a break, and spoke the whole time (taking roundtable questions as he went). He covered everything in depth that was on the synopsis. Couldn't ask for a better person to put on the workshop.

I was saddened that this weekends workshop was postponed, as I was really looking forward to part 2. I was going to drive all the way back from State College (3 1/2 hours) to make sure I got there on time. Guess I will just have to look forward to the reschedule.

And lets break it down. GL asked for 20 participants, paying $50 each, for a total of $1,000. Minus a 10 hour drive (5 hrs each way), Hotel, meals and paying for the venue, he would be lucky to break even. If he is like my attorney, $1,000 would be 4 hours work.

So for you to only drive 23 miles each way is not asking much. I am sure Pittsburgh is a pretty big area, so a compromise has to be made on the location.

Seems to me the class would be better off with you not in it anyway. You probably would of bitched about something in the class anyway (too cold, can't find the womans room, etc)

For all the other people attending, you can look forward to a great workshop.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast