Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: OC/CC/NC ~ Cookout & Picnic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Alright, looks like Saturday, August 13th is what works for everyone.

thebearpack,

You said that you might volunteer to take care of the pavilion rental.
    Of course, we can all chip in at the event to give that cost back to you, if you would like to do it that way.
    That's fine by me. I'd like to make sure we won't have any issues with everyone carrying before putting money down (that would suck!) so I'll stop by and ask a few questions.

Also, you're very familiar with the parks in Ross, so exactly which one of the parks has the pavilions right near the restrooms, play ground and police station?

It sounds like that location would be the best bet.
    This is the Ross Community Center at the lower (southern) end of McKnight Road. It's on the hill across the street from Red Lobster. Sort of directly above Big Lots. If coming from the city you would turn left at the traffic light in front of Red Lobster, cut through Big Lots' parking lot and follow the road up the hill to the center. There are two pavilions flanking the play area, both steps to the center (police station) and restrooms.

My only concern is if this wound up being a really big event somehow. Then we might want to move to the other pavilion that's of by itself a bit (but bigger) or a different park altogether. Ross' place isn't huge.

(Beaver County)

That's a nice area. We played some fall ball there last year. I will bring my big cooler. It is a huge marine deal made for holding a boatload of fish. It will fit more drinks and ice than a small army can use.

I'll also bring a grill. People should bring grillables to accompany the pulled pork (especially if you for some odd reason don't like pork). Hot dogs, burgers, kielbasa, veggies, whatever. I will probably make the pulled pork beforehand to spare me hauling the smoker that far.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    I will bring my big cooler. It is a huge marine deal made for holding a boatload of fish. It will fit more drinks and ice than a small army can use.
    Ok cool.

I will buy various cases of sodas.

I was thinking regular Coke/Pepsi
    Diet Coke
    Sprite or Mountain Dew
    and Maybe some A&W Root Beer.

If my budget can afford it (Im a college student) I will buy some juice boxes for the young'ns.

I'll also get a case of bottled water.
    Last edited by Ricochet; June 10th, 2011 at 08:16 AM.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Allegheny County)

well i can make buffalo wing dip and veggie pizza and possibly some type of dessert
    too bad we couldnt do this where we could shoot
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

(Allegheny County)

I would like to meet fellow PAFOA members and the Ross community center is practically in my backyard. I'll also bring the wife and daughter. Anything we can help with?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by glock19girl View Post
    too bad we couldnt do this where we could shoot
    Just come out to the group shoot the next morning.

We have organized events at Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club for PAFOA members each and every month. They've been going on for more than two years now. Shoots start off by grilling breakfast on the range in the morning, followed by much shooting and socializing.

They're just announced in the Shoots & Range Trips forum, instead of the "Pittsburgh Region" forum.
    Last edited by eXceLon; June 10th, 2011 at 03:38 PM.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    Just come out to the group shoot the next morning.

We have organized events at Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club for PAFOA members each and every month. They've been going on for more than two years now. Shoots start off by grilling breakfast on the range in the morning, followed by much shooting and socializing.

They're just announced in the Shoots & Range Trips forum, instead of the "Pittsburgh Region" forum.
    id really like to get to one of those, but i end up working on weekends
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XDGuy7139 View Post
    I would like to meet fellow PAFOA members and the Ross community center is practically in my backyard. I'll also bring the wife and daughter. Anything we can help with?
    If anyone gets up there before me it might be a good idea to make sure the RTPD isn't going to have any issues with our get-together. A buddy reminded me that XD45 was going back & forth with them a while back about preemption, if we're remembering it right. If we need to move the whole deal it'll be easier to do sooner rather than later...

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    If anyone gets up there before me it might be a good idea to make sure the RTPD isn't going to have any issues with our get-together. A buddy reminded me that XD45 was going back & forth with them a while back about preemption, if we're remembering it right. If we need to move the whole deal it'll be easier to do sooner rather than later...
    I understand being cautious is always good.

But on the other hand, I think if someone asks "is it okay that we OC in the park" the first reaction of the police are going to say "no".

But, you folks know the local PD far better than I do. So if we do need to move the BBQ location thats cool with me as well.

I rather this be a nice easy going relaxing meet 'n greet.
    I dont want anyone getting arrested or having their dogs shot.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I understand being cautious is always good.

But on the other hand, I think if someone asks "is it okay that we OC in the park" the first reaction of the police are going to say "no".

But, you folks know the local PD far better than I do. So if we do need to move the BBQ location thats cool with me as well.

I rather this be a nice easy going relaxing meet 'n greet.
    I dont want anyone getting arrested or having their dogs shot.
    to help defray costs for pavillion and drinks should we send you some money?

also i think i have a supply of plasticware leftover from a family reunion
    id be willing to contribute that.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast