Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Targetmaster

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Targetmaster

After posting here yesterday, I decided to stop in and see what was going on at Tagetmaster. [I'm also looking for a pistol I can't find anywhere]
    The parking lot was full. There was about 6 people looking in the gun cases. [me included]
    A short heavy set guy asked if he could help me. I asked about the 1911 I have been looking for. He checked the boxes of guns behind the counter and came up empty. [not surprised] We talked for about 10 minutes and he offered to show me some comparable models. I figured, why not, I like handling new toys.

All in all, the guy was very nice, and did a good job showing me other guns and explaining the features in comparison to the Colt I was looking for. He offered to show me some I already have...lol.

If they had the gun I was looking for at a decent price, I would have bought it. I knew going in, it would cost me more.

Btw, I heard the same radio spot for the gun buyback. I think they are just trying to buy guns cheap. I wish I had an old ratty piece of crap to take in and see what they say.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Well, I would rather see the "buy back" guns recycled back into the public, than melted down and destroyed. But I do agree, the wording, does not go over well with me either.... BTW, they will barely give you half of what you could sell the gun for yourself, on the internet, or local FTF sale.
    Last edited by allglock; February 22nd, 2013 at 08:20 PM.

(Chester County)

Went there the day after the Hook storm to buy M855 in bulk and the had raised the price for 420 rounds about 40$ from a week earlier but I still grabbed a few cases, one of the employees told me they had a steady stream of M193, dunno if this is true I have not been there since, can anyone confirm this ? Also I heard the price for either of these ammo types has skyrocketed there.. Confirmation ? I know it has every where else so I'd assume it is, lucky if you can even find some in most cases....

On another subject I had an AR transferred there and was charged a 50$ plus tax transfer fee but that's also in park for some of the other places I've been , a year ago I did however walk out with a PPQ 9mm for 570 OTD, and a XDM 45 compact 3.8 for 680 OTD.. For the popular XDM price was high but I really wanted it, and was happy they had it, no body else did and for the, "at the time unpopular PPQ" price was pretty damn good. Now you cannot smell a "Classic" PPQ 9mm for under 800, I'm talking about one with paddle release.
    Last edited by Blak1508; July 7th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

(Philadelphia County)

they are frequently RUDE! I have bought ammo from them in the past
    after hearing the "gun buy back program" commercial on the radio,
    I will not be spending ANY of my money with them again!

(Delaware County)

I have a hate/white-hot hate relationship with Targetmaster (and their douche nozzle sales people) but I have one use for them. They usually have a good supply of ammo cans (30 cal @ $10 and 50 cal @ $15) so I thought I'd stop in and pick a few up today. Besides, I had a bag full of clothing to drop off at the Good Will store right next door. As usual the parking lot is jam-packed with upwardly mobile suburbanite autos so I park my POS Buick by the Good Will and walk over. Once inside I head on over to the the stacks of cans only to find they've jacked the price up on them to $13 for the 30 cals and $20 for the 50s. Great. While I'm thinking over buying the cans I took a quick look around and see if they have any deals on ammo. The shelves are pretty bare for the most part, but I spy one lonely 440 round spam can of 7.62 x 54r so I walk over to see what it's going for. Now I've heard about the $70 Colt mags but this deal beats that by a mile. The price on the can was $349.95.

I shook my head and walked out. Never again.
    Last edited by Rik Bitter; February 23rd, 2013 at 11:42 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rik Bitter View Post
    I have a hate/white-hot hate relationship with Targetmaster (and their douche nozzle sales people) but I have one use for them. They usually have a good supply of ammo cans (30 cal @ $10 and 50 cal @ $15) so I thought I'd stop in and pick a few up today. Besides, I had a bag full of clothing to drop off at the Good Will store right next door. As usual the parking lot is jam-packed with upwardly mobile suburbanite autos so I park my POS Buick by the Good Will and walk over. Once inside I head on over to the the stacks of cans only to find they've jacked the price up on them to $13 for the 30 cals and $20 for the 50s. Great. While I'm thinking over buying the cans I took a quick look around and see if they have any deals on ammo. The shelves are pretty bare for the most part, but I spy one lonely 440 round spam can of 7.62 x 54r so I walk over to see what it's going for. Now I've heard about the $70 Colt mags but this deal beats that by a mile. The price on the can was $349.95.

I had to ship out a firearm late morning in Aston so me and my buddy decided to take a run by cause like you said this is usually my go to place for ammo. Not the cheapest usually but not the most expensive either. I took a look at their 7
    .62x 54 spam cam and the last can of .223 I pointed my buddy looked at the price and started laughing and we left. And the prices they have listed on anything resembling a semi auto be it AR, AK anything is just shameful. And you couldnt even get a space at the counter if you wanted to.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

Quote Originally Posted by Rik Bitter View Post
    The price on the can was $349.95.

Was that for the 762x54r? Did it include a rifle or two?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big5 View Post
    I do my shopping at Tanners. Couple of weeks ago I went and bought a S&W M&P FS 40 cal with night sights for $480.00 brand new. They could of mark it up more but that's how they are. They know how to treat the customer. Also they have troy battle mags for $13.99. I will never buy for Target Master.
    It's a drive but it's worth the trip.
    This speaks volumes for Tanners. I purchased an M&P .40c a couple months ago for 499.00. You got a great deal. I am happy with my deal, and the people at Tanners listened to me to help find a good fit. I went to TM last weekend and did buy Ammo, but nothing else. Everyone there seemed fairly talkative for late on a Friday.

If there was another decent range near me, I would never go back to Targetmaster. I have been giving them my $$$$ business for 18 years, and still get treated like crap....... The ONLY decent guy in that place is Bob Bonnet. He is the only one that really seems to care! (and the only one I trust).

(Delaware County)

I remember 6 years ago they had the guy working the counter with the close shaved head. Talk about a workplace shooting risk, angriest douche I've ever seen... and he was that way to everyone who was there. Scary.

They have awful prices and people, but because it was local I would still swing by to check the used rack, where they would very occasionally make pricing mistakes on rare weapons that I would take advantage of. No sure it's worth the hassle.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast