Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 49 of 160 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

Took my 4" python and ruger mkIII to the 100 yard line for the first time and just happened to put a few hits on paper:

Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Beaver County)

Zero confirmation today!
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lehigh County)

I got my Rear LPA Ghost sight in the mail yesterday so i took the 930 spz out to sight it in at 50 yards. These last 4 shots were unsupported at 50 yards with 2 3/4 1 oz rifled slugs.
    IANAL

(Washington County)

Took a very pretty girl out for her first shooting experience

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

Yes... you did.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Took my newly acquired Argentine Model 91 Mauser to the range. The carbine has a hefty kick but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. At 100 yards it hits about 12 inches to the left. Fortunately the front sight can be drifted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Testing my Rem 870 and my POV camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYHL_cuIvWI

(Pike County)

I finally got invited out to shoot on a coworkers, neighbors land in the area. Here I am unloading my WASR-10 into a stump (It's a video by the way):

Here is our combined arsenal, my Mosin Nagant is hiding under my WASR-10's soft case. (My stuff is to the right in the soft cases, that Romney G at the bottom in the soft case belongs to a coworker):

We had two Mosin Nagants, my standard M91/30 and my coworkers uncles M1944 Carbine. However it was so beat up that the trigger only released the striker occasionally (Like 1 out of 5 pulls of the trigger). I got off one shot with the M1944 and the recoil was actually manageable IMO. I noticed the recoil is a lot easier to handle when shooting from a standing position. I must have shot 40 rounds down range with my M91/30 without getting fatigued from the recoil. Taking the Mosin out against some big stumps was a thrill. I was blasting away at one about 35-50 yards away and the destructive power of the 54R round was apparent. The Bulgarian surplus I unloaded into the stump flew right through it and exited with a torrent of wood/splinters. The rounds we shot through our AR's and AK's did the same but didn't take nearly as much of the tree with it.

Here is a picture of some of the pistols we had:

The Romanian Tokerav and M&P 9 are mine, the Glock 17 and that 50 round drum for the Glock 17 belong to my coworkers uncle.

Other than those pistols we had two 1911's, both Springfield's. One was a full sized the other was a Commander sized. Very nice pistols I only got to shoot one round through the full sized when my friend who I invited along managed to ride the slide home and make it jam. He was getting on my nerves, he yes me to death when I tried to explain the operation of these weapons yet he managed to load several magazines with the ammunition in the wrong way (Most notably on my Colt 6920/AR-15, with my 20 rounders) or otherwise load them improperly causing failures to feed. He's my best friend but the "know it all attitude" gets me pissed off. I refrained from getting too harsh with him since he got his car destroyed on Friday night driving here. Other than those pistols we also had a Ruger P89 on hand which I got to put a magazine or two through. It was heavier than my M&P but that extra weight really made it a sweet shooter. I have been thinking of getting a P95 since Ruger killed the P Series back in October and my favorable experience with the P Series removed all doubt that it's a great pistol, one will be in the collection soon as I get a few other purchases out of my way. The last pistol they had was a MPA 5.7, I couldn't believe they had a 5.7 firearm with them. Sadly they didn't have a lot of ammo so I didn't ask to shoot it.

The rest of the firearms we had were long guns. A Mossburg 500 with an ATI stock, they had a Stag Arms AR-15, a SIG AR-10 (With a really crappy Tru-Glo optic on it), the Romney G AK I mentioned and of course that really beat to shit M44 Carbine that they decided to scrap at the end of the trip.

That trip out I got to shoot my first 12 Gauge pump loaded with buck. This Mossburg 500 had an ATI stock and I was very impressed with it, it was quite solid and it had a nice adjustable stock with a recoil pad on it. He also had a Tru-Glo optic on this, they're good for 22 plinkers but not serious firearms IMO. It worked well enough but I managed to have my first range mishap with this shotgun. Like I said before it has an adjustable stock which they pulled out. Somewhere along the line they collapsed it and I didn't notice. I got the shotgun, loaded it, shoulder it, took the safeties off, aimed down the sights and prepared to shoot. Then bam, I pulled the trigger and got smacked in the mouth. This shotgun has a metal lanyard on the side of the receiver where I made a cheek weld and when the shotgun recoiled I took that lanyard to my teeth with the force of 12 gauge buck behind it. I managed to chip one of my from teeth with that and bloody my lip, if my lip wasn't in the way I might have lost a lot more of my tooth. Here is the damage to my tooth:

I have a check up in 5 months so hopefully they can bond it or file it, I broke the tooth in half to the right of the freshly chipped tooth when I was a kid doing stupid shit on a bike so I know they can fix this little chip. Considering I only managed to damage 2 permanent teeth since loosing my baby teeth I think I am doing better than many others. I also managed to break my splash guard on my Ford Escape driving on that path, luckily that was repaired for free with Gorilla Glue.

So overall it was a good time. We also shot at some exploding targets, one of which failed to detonate and just spilled it's contents on the ground. We would have shot more but the cold was getting to us, my friend had to head back to the city and they wanted to watch the Giants game. So overall I had fun, here is a closing picture with my WASR-10 in it's natural habitat:

Last edited by LifeInPa; December 12th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Berks County)

Looks like fun but sorry about the tooth!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Looks like fun but sorry about the tooth!
    Oh yeah, especially since I haven't fired my long guns since May. The thing that sucks more than chipping the tooth is the feeling of stupidity I have for getting myself in that position, I never heard of anyone chipping a tooth in such a ridiculous way. At least I have dental insurance and hopefully this is covered.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Page 49 of 160 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast