Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY*** UPDATED INFO IN OP***

I like how this person uses Texas and Arizona as the standard for "gun nuts" when in reality Texas has had less 2A freedom overall u til more recently. Their manor cities are extremely liberal and the last March that took place where the young black man was open carrying a rifle everyone there and in the media had a shit the same as they will regardless of where it takes place including Phoenix.

These morons need to realize we are ONE nation with one 2A that was meant to and does apply to us all equally until elected officials decided to destroy it one piece at a time. This person speaks of having the same goal but differences of opinions on how to go about it, well that's fine and very normal the trouble is they need to except it and push forward regardless of continue to alienate a huge percentage of possible supporters.

If I were to attend this event I would choose to not open carry a rifle, it's just not me but I will not judge the guy doing it next to me as long as I'm not being put in any danger by him doing so. This in fighting needs to stop and for any so called 2A leader to distance himself from this rally just to save face because the news might make us look bad well then they shouldn't be a leader and they are very out of touch with the current state of the media.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 2nd, 2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I like how this person uses Texas and Arizona as the standard for "gun nuts" when in reality Texas has had less 2A freedom overall u til more recently. Their manor cities are extremely liberal and the last March that took place where the young black man was open carrying a rifle everyone there and in the media had a shit the same as they will regardless of where it takes place including Phoenix.

These morons need to realize we are ONE nation with one 2A that was meant to and does apply to us all equally until elected officials decided to destroy it one piece at a time.
    And open carry is what advanced their gun rights.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Franklin County)

"You must spread some reputation around...."

FOAC, earning the title of "Mini NRA" since 2018.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Jesus Christ. The pressure to not permit open carry is such an old way of thinking, and I'm frankly tired of hearing about. The so called leaders of the gun rights movement are a bunch of pussies. I've been biting my tongue but I'm sick of their shit. They've been named in this thread already, including a very prominent person that we all know and respect, so no need to name them again. Here's yet another email from someone begging us to not go through with this.

"I spoke at great length with buddy Kim Stolfer (FOAC) and unfortunately, he can not make it.

Justin tells me that long guns worn on the back will be present on Jan. 7th. Long guns IMO are way over the line. Kim agrees with me and he has done more of these than anyone. Legal? Yes. But that doesn't mean we should. Downtown Pittsburgh is not Arizona or Texas. Open carry is legal in PA but very very few do it. I have never seen it here except in gun shops away from the city. And virtually NO ONE in the city and especially downtown ever open carries. It never ever happens! If the deciders and arrangers of this can't understand that in downtown Pittsburgh, this is 100% guaranteed to outrage, scare, and upset virtually all the locals and play right into the mayor's and rabbi's hands, I can't stop them. CNN, MSNBC, and the local drive-by media will have a field day with Pittsburgh's "gun kooks and crazies." Is this the kind of coverage we want? Well, it's the kind of coverage we're going to get. If they carry holstered sidearms, I would minimally suggest that they are empty and have no magazines, which of course is visible. This takes away the Left's obvious #1 talking point. The empty gun is just a prop and not an imminent threat to anyone, ie. hoplophobes. Maybe Justin can pass along this suggestion.

Without getting into the weeds, here is a simple basic truth. Before we invite the other side to listen to us (and they already see us in an emotional way as "the enemy"), the last thing in the world we want to do is piss them off visually before saying a single word. But according to Justin, that is exactly what is set to happen. Big mistake. It's a huge trap of our own making.

You just don't stick a gun in the face of a hoplophobe and say "listen to me!" They already will be reacting to what they saw and their phobic response.

I fear our legal arguments and constitutional rights will be lost in a flurry of visual media madness. And with long guns especially, I guarantee it. What will work in Arizona and Texas is simply not going to work in downtown Pittsburgh anymore than it would in New York or New Jersey.

No need to go back and forth on this, so please, let's not. Both sides have already been heard and we obviously disagree. And reasonable people can disagree.

Our mutual enemy is not reasonable. Just phobic and frozen in ideology. And I for one am not in favor of giving them free ammunition to shoot back in our face. This legal issue is going to go on to higher courts. I want to be as strong legally and constitutionally as we possibly can be when it does."

Listen up, fudds, this mentality is old. You all pat yourselves on the back for the Harrisburg rally where everyone is disarmed. YOU are the hopolophobes. You are afraid of the very group that you claim to represent. I guarantee theses are the same people responsible for "1 rounds in a magazine" at the PA Fudd clubs too.

This scaredy cat mentality has only hardened my resolve and desire to start a PA organization that isn't afraid of the People bearing arms.

I regret becoming a life member of FOAC. I respect all that they do, and have done, but I'm tired of being told to hide in the wings.
    No offense, but F him. Alright, I meant offense. I sure as hell am not going anywhere with an empty pistol and I can't think of a better place to OC a rifle then a rally against laws aimed to ban said rifles.

I'm don't really give a shit about what flys in NJ or NY either. They already lost their rights because nobody stood up. If more of them would have marched with their rifles, maybe they'd still be allowed to own the damn things.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    No offense, but F him. Alright, I meant offense. I sure as hell am not going anywhere with an empty pistol and I can't think of a better place to OC a rifle then a rally against laws aimed to ban said rifles.

I'm don't really give a shit about what flys in NJ or NY either. They already lost their rights because nobody stood up. If more of them would have marched with their rifles, maybe they'd still be allowed to own the damn things.
    ^AMEN

I don't open carry. It's not something I developed a comfort for. Never protested before either. I think this is a great reason for me to make an exception, to protest illegal laws banning the firearms in question. It's a good time to draw a line imho.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    ^AMEN

I don't open carry. It's not something I developed a comfort for. Never protested before either. I think this is a great reason for me to make an exception, to protest illegal laws banning the firearms in question. It's a good time to draw a line imho.
    It's easier to do when the whole crowd is doing it. I don't intend on making it a habit to open carry a rifle on my own either, but this is a protest. Protests should be provocative, contrary to what the fudd "leadership" says.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    It's easier to do when the whole crowd is doing it. I don't intend on making it a habit to open carry a rifle on my own either, but this is a protest. Protests should be provocative, contrary to what the fudd "leadership" says.
    ^AMEN

I opened carried most of the time for a couple years. I carry casual now (my shirt generally covers most of my gun, but I don't care if I print or it's seen). I don't think I've ever open carried a rifle anywhere. Monday will change that.

And when it turns out to have a more positive effect than predicted guess who will swoop in for the glory?

This proves what I have been saying for 10 years. Even the owner of this site, and past admins, are scared shitless for anything to be out of their control for even one moment.
    I've been around long enough to know who really supports the 2A, and who uses it as a tool for themselves.

This doesn't have shit to with OC. It never does or has. It has to do with control.

(York County)

^AMEN

Exactly. Why are we still 'trying to reason' with the other side, so they can cut the last slice of cake in half and let you keep your break action shotgun? Screw them.

"Shall not be infringed", not by them, not by the criminal mayor, not by our pussy governor. I'm done playing nice, I'm going to sling a rifle with a 30 round mag on my back, dress nicely, and speak intelligently. I will make a good impression for those on the fence willing to open their eyes and listen, and the show of force is the only way these tyrants are going to realize they made a big, criminal, mistake.

PS - I open carry / casual carry every day in York, Lancaster, and Harrisburg. There are obviously more of us out there than our leaders realize.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lancaster County)

A board member of FOAC is scheduled to speak at this thing for fuck sake! Those are not Kim's words and he's not going to be there for personal reasons, he's not avoiding it... Whatever happened to people being able to have their own opinions? When everyone here starts spending 80% of their time or more getting phone calls and putting out fires you can start throwing rocks! You have no idea the push back from the Jewish community over this...

Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast