Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 303 of 339 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...er/3523317001/

Mesa police identify suspected armed intruder shot by homeowner
    Elijah Jones
    Police have identified a suspected intruder who was shot by a woman after he broke into her Mesa home on Friday.

According to Mesa police spokesman Detective Jason Flam, 29-year-old Elijah Jones broke into a home near Main Street and Alma School Road in the early morning hours.

The woman who owned the home told police she was doing yardwork in the cool morning weather when she heard a loud noise that startled her. She then received an alert from her security system that there was movement near her carport door. When she entered her house, Jones was standing in her kitchen, court documents said.

The woman repeatedly told Jones to leave, according to court documents. When he didn't move, she went into another room to get her gun. When she returned to the kitchen, Jones was still standing there, now holding a large knife over his head, court documents said.

Jones started walking toward her into the living room where he aggressively "started advancing on her," court documents said. The woman shot him once in the abdomen, according to court documents.

When officers arrived, the woman was standing in her driveway holding a gun. Jones was found bleeding on the living room floor with a gunshot wound to the abdomen, court documents said.

Jones survived the shooting and was taken to the hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery. He was later released from the hospital and booked into a Maricopa County jail on suspicion of first-degree burglary and aggravated assault.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...truder-kenneth

Homeowner shoots intruder in Albany Park home invasion
    The resident shot the man in the forearm during a scuffle, police said. The suspect ran away but was later arrested and brought to Swedish Covenant Hospital in good condition.

Sun-Times WireOct 21, 2020, 8:09pm CDT
    A man shot an alleged intruder Oct. 21, 2020, in a home in the 4800 block of North Kenneth Avenue.
    A man shot an alleged intruder Oct. 21, 2020, in a home in the 4800 block of North Kenneth Avenue.
    Sun-Times file photo
    A licensed gun owner shot someone who allegedly broke into his home Wednesday in Albany Park on the Northwest Side.

The 46-year-old man heard what sounded like a break-in at his home at 4:52 p.m. in the 4800 block of North Kenneth Avenue, according to Chicago police. He went to investigate and was confronted by a 58-year-old man who doesn*t live there.

The homeowner shot the man in the forearm during a scuffle, police said. The 58-year-old ran away but was later taken into custody and brought to Swedish Covenant Hospital in good condition.

A police source said the 46-year-old has a valid FOID card and concealed-carry license.

Area Five detectives are investigating.

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/one-in...r-being-sought

COLUMBIA — A 17-year-old boy was shot and killed Wednesday evening by a resident after he allegedly invaded a home on Doris Drive with an accomplice.

According to Columbia Police, 17-year-old Joseph Valention Taylor of Columbia entered the residence in the 1400 block of Doris Drive at approximately 7:10 Wednesday evening. During the incident, Taylor was shot by the resident of the home and pronounce dead on the scene by emergency personnel.

The second alleged home invader ran off before officers arrived and was not found in a perimeter set up by police. Tracking by a canine officer was unsuccessful. The suspect is described s a black male with short hair wearing blue jeans, a white shirt and white shoes.

The investigation is ongoing, and police ask anyone with information to contact them.

https://www.fox17online.com/news/loc...micide-of-2020

Intruder shot and killed by resident in Grand Rapids
    By: FOX 17
    GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. * Police are investigating after a homeowner shot and killed an intruder overnight.

It happened just before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of Houseman Avenue NE Grand Rapids.

Grand Rapids police say a 51-year-old man showed up to the home to confront a woman inside.

The man pushed his way into the home where an argument ensued. A 38-year-old man inside the home then confronted the intruder and ended up shooting the intruder in the chest, killing him.

Police say it appears the victim is known by the shooter and another woman who lived inside the home.

There are no charges at this time and the investigation is on-going

No names have been released.

https://www.greeleytribune.com/2020/...had-no-choice/

Greeley man who shot alleged intruder: ‘I had no choice’
    Trevor ReidNovember 10, 2020 at 7:32 p.m.
    Bobby Destine, who provides housing for people with disabilities at a home in the 1200 block of 6th Street in Greeley, shot an intruder Sunday evening after the intruder ran into the home and tackled Destine, Destine told the Greeley Tribune. The intruder's injuries were not serious, according to police. Destine said his elbow was injured during the incident, but he's otherwise OK. (Bobby Destine/For Greeley Tribune)

https://kfor.com/news/local/district...-self-defense/

District Attorney: Man arrested for deadly shooting released, acted in self-defense
    K. Querry-ThompsonApr 15, 2021 / 12:50 PM CDT
    Local
    Posted: Apr 15, 2021 / 10:52 AM CDT / Updated:
    OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) * Authorities say they have released one man who was originally taken into custody for a deadly shooting in Oklahoma City.

Around 5 a.m. on Sunday, officers were called to a home near N.W. 29th and Independence regarding a shooting.

When officers arrived, they found 47-year-old Zachariah Perry, who was pronounced dead from a gunshot wound.

They also found a 37-year-old man who had also been shot, but he was rushed to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Investigators learned there was some type of altercation that took place in the home between Perry and a female resident.

The female attempted to leave with the help of several people, including 33-year-old Rodrick Liggens.

Authorities say in the process of leaving, another altercation between the group and the 37-year-old resident took place.

At that point, investigators say the male resident opened fire at the group, and Liggens opened fire on the house.

Liggens was originally arrested on a complaint of second-degree murder.

However, the Oklahoma County District Attorney*s Office declined to file charges against Liggens, saying he acted in self-defense.

Instead, investigators are looking into the possibility of arrested the 37-year-old resident, who initially opened fire on the group.

https://www.8newsnow.com/i-team/i-te...ught-on-video/

I-Team Only on 8: Downtown Las Vegas Home invasion caught on video
    by: Vanessa Murphy, Carolyn WilliamsApr 14, 2021 / 09:13 PM PDT
    I-Team
    Posted: Apr 14, 2021 / 09:10 PM PDT / Updated:
    LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A Las Vegas homeowner says he was seconds away from taking another man’s life after that man busted into his home. The alleged home invasion was caught on video.

The evening of March 22 started off peaceful for Stephen Castile.

“I was watching the Golden Knights, and I look at the clock, it’s 10 to eight,” he recalled.

But then, Castile heard a boom.

“I mean, it startled me,” he said.

While he was inside, his surveillance camera captured what was going on outside.

“I mean, I jumped,” he recounted, “I thought a car hit the house.”

And then, it happened again.

“When I heard the second boom, I grabbed the gun,” the homeowner said. “…I realized, someone’s kicking my front door in.”

The third time a boom sounded, “That’s when he kicked the door in.”

Castile says he was then face-to-face with the intruder.

“He was just starting right through me, like I wasn’t there,” he shared.

Castile went on to describe what happened next:

“I’m literally standing there like this, gun two inches from his head, screaming at him to please leave, begging him to leave. And … he just stood there, stood there looking at me, telling me ‘wait, wait.’ I told him, ‘I’m gonna count to three.’ When I said ‘one,’ he just stood there. When I said ‘two,’ I was shaking uncontrollably because I knew the next ‘three,’ I was gonna pull the trigger.”

That’s when Castile says the man left.

“I thought I was gonna have to kill the guy, and it’s a horrible feeling,” he said. “I didn’t want to kill him.”

Castile says Metro Police responded quickly.

According to the suspect’s arrest report, detectives linked him to a sober living facility less than a mile from Castile’s downtown Las Vegas home. A supervisor there said Tyler Melovidov hadn’t shown up for a few days. The day after the incident at Castile’s home, Melovidov was taken into custody on a home invasion charge.

The day after his arrest, court documents reveal he was granted bail.

“I’d like to see an ankle bracelet on him or be evaluated mentally,” said Castile, “something that I know he’s not gonna come back.”

According to the Las Vegas Justice Court record, Pro Tem Judge Justin Zarcone ordered that Melovidov could be released on his own recognizance with intensive supervision. He must stay out of trouble and stay away from Castile’s home.

“I wish they would be in that situation and see how they feel,” said Castile. “I want to see how they go to sleep at night.”

He tells the I-Team they gave Melovidov his address.

“Now, the sun goes down, I’m literally jumpy in my own home,” said Castile.

Detectives say when they asked why he busted into Castile’s home, Melovidov stated the voices in his head told him to be a daredevil.

“What about when the devil tells him to kill me?” Castile questioned.

The Clark County District Attorney’s Office objected to Melovidov being released on his own recognizance. Prosecutors point to a prior felony conviction and says he scored moderate on a risk assessment, not low.

The I-Team also reached out to the Las Vegas Justice Court. A spokeswoman says the court has no comment, regarding this case.

https://www.wbtv.com/2021/04/15/home...e-invasion-nc/

Grandfather shoots mask-wearing grandson in home invasion in N.C., officials say
    WBTV Web Staff
    LONG VIEW, N.C. (WBTV) - A grandfather shot his mask-wearing grandson who was breaking into his home in Burke County Thursday morning, according to authorities.

The home invasion happened before 9 a.m. at a home on 38th Street NW, near Cape Hickory Road, in Long View.

Officials say the grandfather did not know it was his grandson who was wearing a mask and invading his home.

The two had a scuffle when the shot was fired, leaving the grandson seriously hurt. The grandson is in critical condition in Charlotte.

The grandfather was also hurt, but has been released from the hospital.

No more information about the case has been made public.

This is a developing story and will be updated as more details become public.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/hill...urg-gcso-says/

Intruder shot and killed by homeowner in Fredericksburg, GCSO says
    Apr 11, 2020 / 10:22 PM CDT
    Hill Country
    by: KXAN Staff

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 / 10:22 PM CDT / Updated:

GILLESPIE COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — A 19-year-old man was shot and killed after he broke in to a Fredericksburg house early Saturday morning, according to the Gillespie County Sheriff’s Office.

The homeowner, a 73-year-old man, told police he woke up to a “loud banging noise” outside of his home near the back patio around 12:45 a.m. Saturday.

When he went to check, the man saw Cleto Neri Solorzano, 19, of Fredericksburg on the back porch. Solorzano began attacking the man, pushing him into the home and hitting him with a blunt object. Police report Solorzano put the man into a chokehold causing him to lose consciousness.

The man’s fiancee’ told police she woke up during the fight and asked Solorzano to stop attacking, but he ignored her. According to GCSO, she got a handgun from the bedroom and fired a warning shot out the patio door, but Solorzano continued to attack the man.

Fearing for her safety and seeing her fiance’ unconscious, she fired another shot, hitting Solorzano in the head. The man called 9-1-1 after he regained consciousness, police say.

Solorzano was taken to Hill Country Memorial Hospital, and later to University Hospital in San Antonio. He died from his injury, according to police.

GCSO is investigating and believe that drug use was involved.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/...e-09b3014c4bcd

County prosecutor finds Grand Rapids intruder shooting justified
    Kent County Chris Becker call the shooting justified in a detailed report of the incident.

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich * The man who shot an intruder who pushed his way into a home is justified in fatally shooting him, the county prosecutor said Tuesday.

Kent County Prosecutor Chris Becker said his office will not be filing criminal charges out of the shooting. Becker detailed his decision in a press release March 17.

Matthew Jakubowksi shot and killed Adam Whitz, after Whitz pushed his way into his ex-girlfriend Anastasia Hahn's home. Jakubowski and Hahn were living in the home together as a couple and according to the prosecutor's detailing of the situation, Whitz had come to her home on multiple occasions and caused disturbances

On Jan. 8 around 2:20 a.m., Grand Rapids Police were called to Hahn's house on Houseman Avenue NE reports that her ex-boyfriend had been shot while breaking into her home. When officers arrived, they located Whitz on the floor in the living room with a gunshot wound to the right side of his upper chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to Becker's press release, Hahn and Jakubowski were home drinking and watching television when Whitz came to the home and started to bang on the doors and windows. He threatened the couple inside, who repeatedly asked the 51-year-old to leave. Whitz was even shown a handgun in attempt to make him leave, but he refused.

Hahn opened the door to her home to tell Whitz to leave her property and he rushed inside, confronting Jakubowski. There was a struggle and Jakubowski fired one shot at Whitz.

PREVIOUS: Police identify intruder fatally shot by homeowner in Grand Rapids

Becker's report said Jakubowski purchased the firearm at a local gun store due to prior incidents where Whitz showed up at his ex-girlfriend's home and caused problems.

The rule of self-defense is well established in Michigan law. As a general rule, the use of deadly force against someone else in self-defense is justifiable, if, under all circumstances the victim honestly and reasonably believes they is in imminent danger or great bodily hard. The law does not give an absolute right to a homeowner to shoot someone for simply entering their home without permission, but it does create an assumption that if someone enters their home without permission, the homeowner has reasonable belief that the intruder is going to kill them, cause great bodily hard or sexually assault them.

Becker said under Michigan law, a person defending their home from an intruder is given some discretion in the actions they part-take in order to defend themselves. Evidence shows Whitz entered the home without permission, it was made clear that he was not welcome in the home. Becker said that even though Hahn opened the front door, Whitz did not have permission to enter.

Given the law regarding self-defense, Becker said the the actions Jakubowski took were reasonable. Although all three parties involved have been drinking the night, Becker said authorities did not have evidence indicating what Jakubowski's alcohol blood level had been at the time he possessed the gun. Becker said his office is unable to file charges related to possessing a firearm while intoxicated, and that his office will not file criminal charges related to the incident.

Page 303 of 339 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast