Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Email Ammo Vendors/Suppliers about the "Shortage" and Post Replies Here

Quote Originally Posted by BucksCountyBob View Post
    If I wrap tin foil around my head really, really tight, will it keep the CIA ammo police from reading my thoughts?

Regards,

BCB
    Possibly, to ensure even more protection, I recommend:

Use metal foil tape, not normal duct tape, the threads in duct tape do not offer the reflective properties that metal repair tape does.

I suggest an entire roll of foil, and at least a half roll of tape to secure it.
    To really get the most from your new hat, a good coating of bedliner is a good way to go, I heard on the internet that the bedliner makes millions of tiny divots that actually absorb the CIA's mind rays and stops the majority of them from even getting to the foil.

All dealers are in on the governments plan to keep ammo off the shelves so please do not mention this to any dealer as he may turn informant on you, making your new tin foil hat irrelevant.

Default Re: Email Ammo Vendors/Suppliers about the "Shortage" and Post Replies Here

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Possibly, to ensure even more protection, I recommend:
    ý
    Use metal foil tape, not normal duct tape, the threads in duct tape do not offer the reflective properties that metal repair tape does.

I suggest an entire roll of foil, and at least a half roll of tape to secure it.
    To really get the most from your new hat, a good coating of bedliner is a good way to go, I heard on the internet that the bedliner makes millions of tiny divots that actually absorb the CIA's mind rays and stops the majority of them from even getting to the foil.

All dealers are in on the governments plan to keep ammo off the shelves so please do not mention this to any dealer as he may turn informant on you, making your new tin foil hat irrelevant.
    Bah, I heard that it is in fact the government that promotes the idea that tinfoil protects you from government control. That way they get people wearing tinfoil which in fact enhances government thought control waves. In reality if you want to keep the mind rays out, you should use siran wrap because the transparency tricks the waves into thinking there is no brain present.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Bah, I heard that it is in fact the government that promotes the idea that tinfoil protects you from government control. That way they get people wearing tinfoil which in fact enhances government thought control waves. In reality if you want to keep the mind rays out, you should use siran wrap because the transparency tricks the waves into thinking there is no brain present.
    Yea, wrap your entire head in siran and then cover with a nice thick plastic dry cleaner bag. That would definitly prove to everyone that there is no brain present.

I aint buying it.....
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    I kept my mouth shut about this place long enough. Sportsman Supply in Butler makes CTD look like Mother Teresa if she had chosen to sell guns and ammo. However, there are still morons who will patronize the store while their owners laugh at them. Been that way for years and the local dumbasses keep on putting their money on the counter while begging for product and service.

If you buy from these POS online or in person, you deserve all the crap they shovel down your throats.

Rant out
    This is the only thing good to come out of the panic. I've learned a lot about which LGS are the ones I will continue to do buissness with in the future. The ones i have found that havn't jacked the shit out of their prices I will definetly remember the next time I want to purchase a gun. The others can take a flying #%@# and will no longer see any more of my $$$.

There is an ammo manufacturer close to me and these are the no-shit reason as to why they (one company) cannot get out fast enough;

As 39flathead has stated, people are buying it up as fast as it can be made.

Brass is hard to come by in most popular calibers, especially 223 Remington and 300 Blackout(223 Remington parent case/brass cups).

Powder is another commodity that is hard to get, even with a direct line/solid working relationship to/with Western Powders, everyone is back ordered.

Primers are hard to find, but not that hard to find, actually easier than powder.

Bullets aren't to hard being that they make them there on CNC lathes, they just take a little bit of time, in some instances, 96 seconds per bullet.

They do have 9mm, 45, 223 and 300 Blackout in stock, though. I guess making your own bullets puts you at an advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I aint buying it.....
    Ain't buying what?

That people are buying up stock as soon as it hits the shelves?

If that's what you ain't buying, go to your local Walmart at approx 9am and watch the circus that ensues.

Open up gunbot and as soon as you get a ping on any caliber that is decently priced, count the mins until it is sold out.

I sat at a local shop two weeks ago on Sat. Guys would walk in, look at the ammo shelf, and walk right back out.
    Two college age kids came in, looked at the ammo, picked up 3 boxes of 12ga OO buck each, paid and asked where there were more shops at.
    They had started at 8am at the Walmart in Delmont approx 45 miles away and were heading north towards DSD in Brookville and wanted to know any shops in between.
    They said they were able to get so far 12 boxes each of 7.62X39, some assorted 12ga slugs and buck, 1 box of .45acp each and a brick of .22 Remington Golden Bullets.
    45 miles and 3.5 hours to get some ammo and they were still looking at another 60+ miles to finish their circle back home.

I was at Dunhams in Altoona last week looking for a left hand ball glove for my daughter.
    I saw 2 guys filling up a cart with paper wrapped packs of 7.62X54 for piss sake as well as .308 hunting ammo.

But yeah, nobody is out emptying the shelves of stock.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    There is an ammo manufacturer close to me and these are the no-shit reason as to why they (one company) cannot get out fast enough;

As 39flathead has stated, people are buying it up as fast as it can be made.

Brass is hard to come by in most popular calibers, especially 223 Remington and 300 Blackout(223 Remington parent case/brass cups).

Powder is another commodity that is hard to get, even with a direct line/solid working relationship to/with Western Powders, everyone is back ordered.

Primers are hard to find, but not that hard to find, actually easier than powder.

Bullets aren't to hard being that they make them there on CNC lathes, they just take a little bit of time, in some instances, 96 seconds per bullet.

They do have 9mm, 45, 223 and 300 Blackout in stock, though. I guess making your own bullets puts you at an advantage.
    Exactly.

People need to think about the brass supply and powder.

Say a manufacturer has been making 1 million .223 cases a year for the past 5 years and that was enough to carry them.
    Now all the sudden they have sold that entire stock and are selling every bit they are currently producing as soon as it pops out of the machine.

Same as powder.
    People must think it is magic the way it's made.
    They don't get that a company that produces powder is ordering raw materials based on previous years production.
    Their supplies do the same.
    Now all the sudden there is this huge spike for even more.
    They have enough to supply the same amount as last year and are doing so.
    This is not really a shortage based on previous demand, it's the new demand caused by mental illness that has them in a bind with no raw materials on hand except for what they are getting in daily and weekly.

People just don't get it.

(Indiana County)

One last thing.

Why is it only ammo being discussed?

Go try to find a 10/22 today.

How about a Colt 6900?

Glock 17, 26 or 22

See many pistol gripped Mossbergs lately?

Are the gun manufacturers in on "it" too?

As soon as certain models are put out, they are sold.

I haven't seen a stainless 10/22 for months.

Maybe "they" got to Magpul as well?
    Are the shelves at you local LGS's overflowing with Pmags?

I suppose Spikes is not in on "it" because their lowers are in stock everywhere, my LGS has 100 of them in stock.
    Oh, wait, no he doesn't and nobody else does either.

People are still buying like mad, period.
    It's starting to slow down in some cases, but ammo is relatively cheap when found at normal prices and it's easy for most people to spend $20-$30 on ammo when they see it on shelves.

I've based my comments on information directly from industry people.
    I know it's not what the conspiracy crowd want's to hear, but it is what it is, people, not gubmint.

(Chester County)

There is NO ammo. shortage.

We are the cause of no ammo. on the shelves.

I went into a LGS and saw 100 ct. CCI minimags, limit 1 per person. I got all excited and said "give me one". After I calmed down over the initial excitement I sat back and thought about it. I have around 3000 rounds of .22 at home. Did I really NEED it or was something inside me causing me distress/panic that I wouldn't ever see it again if I didn't scarf up everything I saw.

So I ended up putting it back and the LGS clerk said "That Sir is how we're going to get out of this ammo. slump"

Then you have your LGS continuing to stir up the panic every week with there facebook posts on "come and get it" thereby continuing everyone's uneasiness.

Ah!, Just my meager 2 cents. I'm probably just crazy
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast