Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: bersa 380 jamming a lot.

Er. When I bought my Bersa not even a month ago the slide was so gunked up with grease that you'd have to pull it really hard to lock the slide back....after i gave it several good rub downs with a cloth it smoothed right out. It says right in the manual not to use it til you clean it. haven't shot it yet though... I don't really like going to the range alone because it's kinda boring to me personally. probably not a good thing but the guns got a lifetime waranty so even if it doesn't work i can always get it replaced lol.
    For a good time call 555-328-5323

(Lackawanna County)

They sort of don't like semi-wad-cutters when they are new, but they get over that after a few hundred rounds.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by J_RyanM1911 View Post
    Er. When I bought my Bersa not even a month ago the slide was so gunked up with grease that you'd have to pull it really hard to lock the slide back....after i gave it several good rub downs with a cloth it smoothed right out. It says right in the manual not to use it til you clean it. haven't shot it yet though... I don't really like going to the range alone because it's kinda boring to me personally. probably not a good thing but the guns got a lifetime waranty so even if it doesn't work i can always get it replaced lol.
    Same thing when I got mine. It was absolutely packed with grease, I'm talking like surplus mosin amounts. The hammer barely moved until I cleaned the hell out of it. After about 30min with a toothbrush I got it off and haven't had any problems with it. Don't know why they ship them like that but it seems like a common occurance and I could easily see that as the cause.

I've heard raving reviews about the Bersa 380 and 9mm they eat every thing from fmj to jhp. Some of the best cheap guns out there. I'd clean it real good and then change the ammo until found what it likes. If that doesn't work I'd get it to a gunsmith. A lot of people are happy with there Bersas.
    Last edited by Neko456; April 3rd, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

I have looked at the 380 and the 22 version, anyone have the 22 thunder, i'm thinking of getting one.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Northampton County)

My NEW bersa came filled with the original Packing Grease still in it.
    You have to Clean it out to have it work properly. Please make sure
    that you put the recoil spring back in the way it came out. The spring is wider
    on one end. If you don't, you will have even more problems.
    If all else fails send it back to BERSA!
    They will fix it for you.

(Adams County)

Like others said, just clean it.

As for ammo, my Bersa eats the white box Winchester from Walmart like the media eats Obama's cock. That is to say, it can't get enough of it.

I've got some hollow point magtech ammo that I have for defense, now you're making me want to fire off a few rounds to see if the ammo is a factor.

Love my bersa, great little plinker.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

After a good cleaning and only using ball ammo for 500 rounds, My Bersa works great. It does like to be clean so I don't use Magtech ammo. I make my own and use 231 because it's clean. Good little gun.

(Philadelphia County)

Couple of things could be causing jams.

1. Limp wristing is probably the biggest one that will cause it.

2. Extractor fit an adjustment is another problem, especially with internal extractors. This can get gummed up really quick if there is a lot of factor grease on the parts.

3. Too much factor grease that has started to dry out if the gun has been sitting too long, especially inside of a closed container.

Recommendations:

Disassemble the gun and clean it thoroughly before firing it. Make sure that the extractor fit is correct. I would suggest doing a search on YouTube to learn how to check this with an empty casing and a live round. Learn how to grip the gun properly when firing. Sometimes the smaller guns are hard to get a full grip on and people wind up gripping too much of the bottom of the gun instead of up by the slide.

(Allegheny County)

My only complaint was that my bersa trigger bar spring broke after less then 500 rounds. It still goes bang every time but lost its place as CC and primary pistol. I get that a spring can fail but it left me wondering the quality of the springs. It came well protected from the factory though. There are some that say the the pro mag's do not fit them correctly or feed correctly. I have 2 pro mags that feed just as good as the factory FWIW. nice ppk clone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast