Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Open Carry Club and Open Carry Marches in Philadelphia?

I know the Chinese American gun club (or similar name) held some open carry events in Philly awhile back that got some coverage.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    This oughta be good.
    Uma keep an eye on it.
    Right. I'm curious to see what thoughts people are willing to share. I have some ideas, but I'll see how the conversation goes before getting into to all that.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Why would you want to do this? You will only scare and intimidate people and make an issue

Most have no clue that OC is permitted. But when they do its the familiar "there should be a law"......

There are places and times when it is best to carry concealed.
    As an individual, I prefer to conceal carry. I'm talking about an organized group event for any LTCF holders. It's not up to people who know how to exercise their rights to accommodate people who depend on others for permission to exercise their rights. People who say "There should be a law" are people who usually never bothered to examine any aspect of the law other than what was passed along to them by other people who don't know anything about the law.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    I OC in the city all the time, nothing flashy or public marches, sure I get some looks but just go about my business. Exercising your rights can be done without issue
    If an event was organized and there were 10, 50, 100 or more people involved, would you be comfortable being a part of that crowd?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I never thought open carry was very smart. But if you wanna do it, go for it.
    Normally, I prefer to conceal carry. I would participate with an organized group of other owners who wanted to meet up for an open carry event.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I think what the OP is saying is, do we want to have an OC meet and greet dinner? It's been a long time!
    That sounds like something I'd participate in. I'd feel more comfortable in a group setting of open carry owners. I wouldn't be comfortable in the area I live due to concerns about the type of community and the mentality of the police in this type of community where they mostly deal with law breakers.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have nothing negative to say about the idea but it looks like everyone is running out of gas around here. And everywhere else for that matter.
    Yeah. I've been waiting for someone else to bring it up and occasionally checking this site for any clubs or events and it doesn't seem like a thing of interest. I can understand the reluctance because I'm sure many people feel that their firearm shouldn't be seen unless it's time to use it. I like to keep mine concealed just as a day-to-day individual, but I'd also participate as part of an open carry group getting together for a public gathering.

(Bucks County)

3 pages deep and the slugfest hasn*t begun. Son, I am disappoint. In the old days this was such a fun topic.
    There was a photograph I recall from years ago of a young man open carrying in a chipotle.

Cheap sunglasses
    Shorts sandals
    Tacticool sks with high magnification cheap azz telescope, plastic furniture and cheesey 30 round mag.

Chinese or (maybe) Eastern European made Makarov
    Prominently displayed dangling about the wearer*s prosperity in an Uncle Mikes one-size-fits-all gun shaped bag.

This place is really slipping.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Berks County)

I haven't spoken with him for some time but we do have an activist member here who OCs only and he at least used to go to an Indian buffet in west Philthytown on somewhat of a regular basis. I'll reach out and see if he's still around. You don't need to worry about Philthtytown po leece hassling you because another member here already solved that problem and even Carson knows of the resulting schooling that they all received. Albeit, at great expense but with a rewarding ending. His screen name here is Viper(something) and he has a whole thread on it that you might find interesting. He also has some videos of some of his encounters.

Don't let the naysayers deter you (and it looks like you haven't), it is our right, the same as wearing a hat is one's right. When people ask me why I carry a gun, I ask why they wear a hat, hats scare me.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

We had several OC dinner meetups in the Pittsburgh area back in the day. Petty sure I organized one of them. Memory sucks and it was many years ago.

It was back in the day when even poofa members would cry out in horror at the thought of it.
    Seems like as time went on and "nothing happened", people just accepted it, and life went on, and the great OC debate of 1812 was just a distant memory.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast