Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIE HUNTING

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: ZOMBIE HUNTING

Oh, boy, this is thread I've been waiting for...

If it's just me:

--M4 with undermounted XM-26 LSS. Equipped with EOTech night-vision compatible holographic sight (for later, evolved Land of the Dead zombies) and laser sight (for earlier, dumb Night of the Living Dead zombies). This weapon is ideal, because at close-ranges it allows you to knock down zombie with shotgun blast then immediately and accurately follow-up with head-shot. Since it's an M4 you can also use at longer ranges.

--Beretta 92F with laser sight

--A few frag grenades

If I have two fire teams worth of survivors with me (and access to military-grade weaponry):

::::Fireteam A::::

-- 2 riflemen equipped as above
    -- 1 rifleman w/ M203 and Beretta 92
    -- one SAW gunner equipped with M249 and Beretta 92
    -- one sniper equipped with modified M-14, Mossberg 500 shorty and Beretta 92

::::Fireteam B::::

-- 2 M4/XM-26 LSS riflemen
    -- 1 M203 rifleman
    -- Atchison AA-12 select-fire shotgunner w/2-3 drum mags, Sig P228 in .40 S&W as sidearm
    -- Flamethrower! Zombie BBQ baby!
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Westmoreland County)

Screw that, I'm hittin' the hot tub with a honey when the Zombopacalypse happens!

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I would say that's about the most fun you can have in a hottub with your clothes on.

(Butler County)

BAYONETS!!!!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    What about an AR with A4 stock and a spare pistol upper for CQB?

Probrem with this set up is that your now carrying ammo for 2 gun, but you only have 1.5 gun.

You'll have to remenber, zombi will not stop unless head and body is severd. 20rds mag, or 100rds mag, it doesn't matter, it'll eventually go empty.
    When your AR with 100rds mag goes empty, and there are 105 zombies, then you now have no back up weapon to cover yourself. Not good.

Personally, when Umbrella do lose control of its zombie stock pile, few important things to consider before you pick your Zobie Blaster

1 - Are you going to run safety, or hold up somewhere until help comes?
    2 - How long can you servive on supply you have?
    2 - and any means of respply?

judging by the all of fine visual educational aids that have been around(such as movies, games), it seems that running for safety(where ever it may be) may not be the most wise idea.

On the onset of outbrake, While not too many of them around, I believe that zobie can move as fast as rigor mortis will not set in(takes about 12hours). So running for safety during this time may be a bad idea.
    During this time, it may be wise to have weapon with wide shot pattern, such as 12ga riat gun, and high capacity handgun as back up.
    Club or any sort of melee weapon would be useless for the most part as zombie will not feel pain in my opinion.

During next 12~72 hrs, dead bodies are stiff as rock, So if your going to run for safety, this would be the ideal time. But do know that infection will spread fast, so that where ever your running to may not be safe by the time you get there.
    During this time, body retains structual strength, so you will not be easily destry the zombie by whacking with club or butt of stock. But at least they are moving slow like you see in movies, so you may just be able to run right around them. Just be sure to know where ever your running to is safe(shelter, shopping mall, walmart).
    My plan would be to during this time, I'll make it local walmart. barricade the 2 main entrance, and set up for long turm siege.
    Walmart is ideal place to hold up due to their large supply of food, ammo(some even with firearm), serviving gear, entertaiment, clothing, and medical supply. Most superwalmart have rather large generater, so fleshfood would last longer.
    Not to mention that walmart here in StateCollege emproyes trailer queen, and good looking college girls so get some "action" to keep your mind off of situation for small duration would be easily be doable(not tomention assortment of condomes they stock, you maintain your sefety here as well)

only downside is that most walmart would have anywhere from 100+ patrons during the onset of outbrake, so that security may be harder to obain. Not to mention more people will be comming to area for safety. Some of them may be on their way to be a zombies themself
    It is imperative to go through everyone inside, and isolate everyone with suspicious bite wound or cuts. This would also decrease the number of mouth to feed. At this time, Ideal weapon to have would be a long range high powered rifle as you may be able to make your way to roof, and starts to pick off as many as you can from safety - Although it may be feudral attempt as more then likely, you'll have several hundreds of them outside.

After 72 hrs or so, as body will starts to decompose, rigor mortis will reverse itself, and zombie would be able to move faster again. Venturing outside of your safety this time is not advisable. But at the same time, this may be the easiest time to take out the zombies.
    With body starts to decompose, and loses its integrety, it would become easier to dismantle zombies.
    you may be simply pull their head, and head may come off, effectively stopping them on its track.
    During this time, you want as much punch as you can get - 12ga slug, 45ACP, melee weapon as one good het from any of those weapon would likely tear zombies to pieces.
    however, it is strongly advised that you'll need to have some sort of breathing apparatus, as fumes from 100+ decomposing zombie will be overwhelming

So from my careful analization of possible zombie SHTF senario, I say perfered weapon of choice would be:

1 - 12ga shotgun with mag extention, with side saddle(and plactice tactical reload), and those skull crusher on the mazzle.

2 - High Powered/ high capacity scoped rifle(I don't have any, so my scoped AR would be my choice). High cap magazine is are not as important, as you'll have plenty of time to reload from safety of roof. But it'll be nice to have 4~5 loaded mag just in case)

3 - High Capacity hundgun. I perfer 45ACP. But none of 45 i have is high cap.
    So my M&P9mm wuld have to do(with 357 as back up)

4 - Melee weapon. I perfer one of these medieval flail.

But prolly hard to comeby in SHTF situation, so these would have to do

My GF now thinks I'm real geek
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Probrem with this set up is that your now carrying ammo for 2 gun, but you only have 1.5 gun.

I'll have the same ammo if I have one rifle ot two, but the shorter upper would be easier for hallways, the longer upper is better for the rooftop.

(Butler County)

THe "BIG BOX FORTRESS PLAN.

Alot of people have the idea of heading down to wallyworld and living happily ever after. A good zombie escape plan, (or general anarchy plan) is something you have to build and prepare for to impliment at a moments notice. This site gives us the networking contacts to form a protective ring of survivors. But generally speaking you want to get to an area of sparse population, with terrain to discourage undead travel, and advoid wall-mart as it's a magnet for every looter, and survivor, and zombie for miles."

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    THe "BIG BOX FORTRESS PLAN.

Alot of people have the idea of heading down to wallyworld and living happily ever after. A good zombie escape plan, (or general anarchy plan) is something you have to build and prepare for to impliment at a moments notice. This site gives us the networking contacts to form a protective ring of survivors. But generally speaking you want to get to an area of sparse population, with terrain to discourage undead travel, and advoid wall-mart as it's a magnet for every looter, and survivor, and zombie for miles."

While this is very true statement, You'll also have to consider the up/down of your suggestion.

Walmart would be a magnet for every unwanted, true.
    But You have good chance of putting up good defence, and last for some time.
    If you can escape to someplace where populations are sparse, miles and miles away from any civilazation, while reduce the chance of encounter with unwanted(zombies or otherwise), but your also cutoff from essential as well, such as mecical supply, food, valuable shelter, Information.

Personaly, when you take this route, unless you can score some deserted island in middle of ocean miles from any mainland coast line, (thats with flesh water supply, and plenty of food source), I think its questionalble route.
    You may be able to hold up is deep woods or mountain for sometime, but when you do get spotted by zombies, you'll then have no protection agaist.

idealy, if you can squeeze yourself in to one of those government offical's special "don't exist" shelter, there are likely with plenty of food, ammunition, medical facility, and communications.

But you have good chance of getting shot by our boys when you approch this "not exist"shelter tho

(Butler County)

I'm still banking on vasaline and running shoes.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    I'll have the same ammo if I have one rifle ot two, but the shorter upper would be easier for hallways, the longer upper is better for the rooftop.
    My bad. I thought you meant like rifle upper, and pistol caliber upper.
    None the less, you'll still have to switch between two, and have no protection while your changing upper.

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    I'm still banking on vasaline and running shoes.
    Only issue with that i can see is that where you run to?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast