Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Just got back from the range Hornaday Ctirical Defense!!!

You have to shoot different kinds of ammo and find out what your weapon likes, guns are like animals in a way that they don't eat everything without eventually puking it back up....

Show your gal some love, shoot different kinds of ammo, and feed her what she likes, don't tell her what she likes, let her tell you!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Butler County)

Yea I know and I do. I had a feeling about this stuff due to the bad reviews I read about it over on XDTalk and I'm glad I went with my gut because I don't want that to happen in a life or death situation. I've put all different kinds of ammo through my pistol over the last year and it's taken everything but the Hornady and it frustrates me because I can't say I've never had a failure any more LOL
    I was anti-Obama when Anti-Obama wasn't cool. *Springfield Armory Bi-Tone XDm-40 3.8*

(Philadelphia County)

Critical Defense Ammo isn't for everybody and it don't work in every gun. Hornady's bullets cater more to revolvers than autos. The XTP bullet often jams up autos due to it's flat head. The only auto's I know that can digest them without problem are Glocks.
    Beretta's can usually handle them too. 1911's are iffy, some do, some don't !
    Revolver Hunters love them though ! I have one box of Critical Dafense in 40 S&W for my Beretta Storm Sub-Compact and they feed consistent in this gun, but I won't buy them for others. My 1911 locked up just from chambering a round with the Custom XTP stuff. The only Hornady stuff I have now is the TAP series for both my Glocks in 45 and 9mm and they work fine with it. I still rather stick to Winchester PDX1, Ranger T's, or even Gold Dots !
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Butler County)

Glock's probably feed them easier because they don't have a fully supported chamber. I'm not bashing Glocks I'm just making an observation...
    I was anti-Obama when Anti-Obama wasn't cool. *Springfield Armory Bi-Tone XDm-40 3.8*

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by BringTheRain403 View Post
    Glock's probably feed them easier because they don't have a fully supported chamber. I'm not bashing Glocks I'm just making an observation...
    I admit Glocks are kinda strange ! Maybe that's why I like'em ?
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Just got back from the range and Hornaday Ctirical Defense can kiss my...

I shoot and carry them in my XD9. Never a jam, but these threads make me nervous

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulls&guns View Post
    always a wheel gun for me when its time i wont have any problems and if something did happen no racking the slide here just another trigger pull
    Don't drop it in the sand. Only autos work dirty.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Just got back from the range and Hornaday Ctirical Defense can kiss my...

Contrary to popular belief a revolver can fail as well. On a modern Auto (quality) you have a better chance of a FTF from the ammo then the gun....revolvers dont protect against this.

(Westmoreland County)

I've never had a problem with Pow'RBall, PDX1, Hornady Critical Defense, Speer GD or Hydrashoks in my Glocks or Kimber 1911. I fired 125 rounds of Hornady CD flawlessly through my G21sf and it is what I am currently carrying.

My first Hornady experience was with LeverEvolution .45 long colt. The little red tips extended out of the cylinder of by 1858 Remington SAA. Had to cut the plastic tips off the ammo so I could use it up!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast