Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 23 of 122 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Spent a good 4 hours there today. Must have just missed you by a few. Saw the deer target up. Added a few more holes to it before I got a chance to hang mine up. Yelled at some older guy, a real asshat. Had an RPK style rifle with a slide fire stock on it and just going to town at spraying 30 rounds at a time downrange from the hip. After I yelled at home about the round limit and told him that I hope he gets fined, they packed up and left in a hurry.

Then spent rest of the time playing with the bolt guns and eventually handguns. I am absolutely burnt to a crisp right now tho.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    Spent a good 4 hours there today. Must have just missed you by a few. Saw the deer target up. Added a few more holes to it before I got a chance to hang mine up. Yelled at some older guy, a real asshat. Had an RPK style rifle with a slide fire stock on it and just going to town at spraying 30 rounds at a time downrange from the hip. After I yelled at home about the round limit and told him that I hope he gets fined, they packed up and left in a hurry.

Then spent rest of the time playing with the bolt guns and eventually handguns. I am absolutely burnt to a crisp right now tho.
    I just noticed this post elsewhere on the forum. Same guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by BucksCo View Post
    3 rounds in a rifle, 6 in a pistol. $200 fine if caught with more than stated ammo in your gun. What a joke. I can understand no rapid fire or full auto (if anyone has one) but what difference does it make if I have 3 rounds in my gun or if I have 10 rounds? I was shooting up in the Poconos this morning and some guy told me that yesterday the WCOs were coming around writing $200 fines for ammo violations. Why does the state or the gov need to control everything?

btw nobody is touching my gun to check my round #.

(Monroe County)

who is the guy there every time i go he is there picking up brass? he lives at that range collecting brass,now he even picks up .22 brass is he a member here? days, night, weekends, sheeshhh! he is at your feet as shells are ejecting from your pistol trying to pick them up,someone is going to tell him to take a hike very soon, i don't like being crowded when i have a bench full of guns and this guy is right there! NO I DON"T WANT TO TALK! AND NO I DON"T WANT YOU PICKING UP MY BRASS AS IM SHOOTING!

(Monroe County)

I went Sunday for a quick shotgun function check and carry pistol refresher, I met a very nice couple who gave me a hat. She was very new to shooting and I ended up holding a quick pistols basics class were he was giving her the right info she just needs to apply it.

Anywho- I'm hands on with her shooting and that brassasshat is sweaping arounf our feet. I had nice words with him later. Next time I won't be so nice.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

I was there a couple weeks ago for about 3 hours one afternoon. Met some nice people, had a good time. I've yet to meet anyone from the forum there. The pistol side wooden frames were actually in great condition for once, probably had to do with the NO SHOTGUN signs now posted. Have heard rumors of WCOs handing out tickets, happy about that but didn't see any that day. Nobody doing anything wrong anyway.

I did see the brass collector. He kept his distance while I was shooting. In fact, he was in his car most of the time waiting for people to finish before he did anything. He told me he scraps it for money. Can't fault him for that in this economy. I honestly feel it's a good free way to keep the range clean because if there's one thing I do notice still going on it's that people may take down their targets more often but they don't always pick up all their brass. I'm sure if he's up your butt you could ask him to give you your space until you're done. He seemed like a nice guy to me. I save most of mine, but that day I shot a couple hundred rounds of .22 and it was better for me that he wanted it and was willing to collect it all. Saved my old back and knees from a workout.

Happy Shooting.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
    What a moron. I guess he doesn't realize you don't have to examine a firearm to know how many rounds are in it when all you have to do is watch the numb skull blast a full clip out of it.

People with attitudes like that DESERVE to be ticketed. I'd love to see him talk like that to the face of someone with a book of tickets in one hand and a pen in the other. I bet he wouldn't be so tough. Probably makes up his own speed limits too.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    What a moron. I guess he doesn't realize you don't have to examine a firearm to know how many rounds are in it when all you have to do is watch the numb skull blast a full clip out of it.

People with attitudes like that DESERVE to be ticketed. I'd love to see him talk like that to the face of someone with a book of tickets in one hand and a pen in the other. I bet he wouldn't be so tough. Probably makes up his own speed limits too.
    Your quote makes it look like I said that, and I know that wasn't your intent. I'm just throwing in the disclaimer that:
    Quote Originally Posted by BucksCo View Post
    3 rounds in a rifle, 6 in a pistol. $200 fine if caught with more than stated ammo in your gun. What a joke. I can understand no rapid fire or full auto (if anyone has one) but what difference does it make if I have 3 rounds in my gun or if I have 10 rounds? I was shooting up in the Poconos this morning and some guy told me that yesterday the WCOs were coming around writing $200 fines for ammo violations. Why does the state or the gov need to control everything?

Belongs to BucksCo.

Unfortunately, people that stir the pot create issues for all of us.
    Last edited by Breadman03; June 19th, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Went to the range Wednesday 6/20/12,What a mess of papers,debris and brass,Proceede to clean up as I was only one there.PGC,showed up,must have bee observing from a distance,and complimented me,Commented if more individuals took personal responsibility for clean ups and rules they could spend more time on problem sites.I aggreed and we all went about our business,me shooting,and PGC performing rounds.Purpose of this post is to hopefully get more shooters involved cleaning up even for the ones that dont.

(Monroe County)

I was up there yesterday as well. Earlier in the day. The range was a little messy, but I cleaned up all my brass and steel casings, as well as targets. No jack asses. Did see the PGC show up, the guy waved at me and kept going.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Thumbs up Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

I was up there earlier today at the pistol range. Seemed pretty clean and the people were friendly. This was the first time in the last 5 times that guy wasn't at my feet picking up my brass and trying to feed me a bunch of bull. I cleaned up all my brass. But I bate how people always leave steel all over the place.

Page 23 of 122 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast