Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: AR Rail Question

And the 2a rail looks really good when paired with the receiver set. It's also ridiculously light

(Delaware County)

Installation tip, when it comes time to remove the barrel nut, get a good vise, vise block and a 3 foot piece of pipe. i found it took a whole lot of force to break the nut on my RRA, but as soon as it did, it spun off with my fingers. There was no thread locker or anything applied, but my 350 pounds on the end of an 18" breaker bar was inadequate to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    You are going to have to knock out the taper pins/ remove the fsb along with brake to install most freefloat rails. You can get a drop in 2 piece but only a couple 2 piece drop ins I know of are freefloat and they are over $150.

This midwest is not FF but will drop right in and is under your budget. I doubt you will ever notice any difference in accuracy with the FF on your particular rifle. https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...tegory_ID=1299
    Or pick up a Magpul SL handguard and save a lot of cash.

If going for a FF rail where you have to remove the FSB I'd just get a longer rail and ditch the FSB. Shave the FSB and repin it or get a low profile gas block. Usually you add a FF rail when you want more rail space. A FF while retaining the FSB (unless its a Dissy) never made a lot of sense to me. If you are going to do it, go all the way. If not get a drop in.
    Thanks I actually really like this idea as I am looking less for an accuracy and more so I have some additional options for attaching a flashlight or other small accessories.
    Never realized they made a drop in like this.

(Allegheny County)

Another option is the Aero Quantum MLoK, solid rails at even better prices than ALG. Their 15" rail is under 100.00

This is the 7" version, it's like 65.00

I also have ALG rails and like both, but for now on I'll be going with the Aero rails.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hobbit View Post
    For the record I have a carbine gas system with the traditional front site/gas block. I would rather like to keep the set up like that for the time being so I would need a rail with the clearance cut for the site.
    Daniel Defense OMEGA 7 or Midwest industries MCTAR would be two FF, FSB/standard barrel nut options around your price range.

usually around $200 but go on sale as they are a bit "dated"

$180 - $195 for extended

$150 for the normal version

Centurion makes some nice stuff as well but is more costly. These are just a few of the options off the top of my head. Lots to choose from out there.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Allegheny County)

A while back I got some Gen 1 hand-guard with that where simply four picatinny, not the modern modular type like M-Lok. I hated the way they felt and did not like the width after putting rail guards on them.

I also liked the heat shielding on the Colt hand guards. If I was to to with a rail I would do one of the skinnier modular ones and make sure I could get some grip panels to deal with heat. I ended up keeping my stock hand guards and mounted a flashlight off the FSB.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12