Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Florida teen shot and killed over loud music

Quote Originally Posted by nater99 View Post
    That's not the point at all. You can't start an altercation and have it end with a shooting because someone is doing something you find annoying or disrespectful. If anything, you have a responsibility to be more cautious about your interactions with the public if you're going to carry.
    Absolutely correct. I see where you folks are coming from. You see this story as a concealed Carry permit holder who engages punks playing loud music. Now I understand where you are coming from.

Usually, a news story will state the shooter had a LTCF or CCP etc...

My mind set is low life scum who just happend to meet during life's travels.

I can see where the confusion is coming from. LMAO...this is funny to me.

CL

Quote Originally Posted by zlaya View Post
    Customloaded, I dont often make personal attacks, but you sir, are a shithead. I don't think I need to explain how I come to that conclusion.
    Thanks. Been awhile since I rattled some cages I guess. As I explained in another post, I realize now the mind set of some folks here.

My mindset was hood rat meets another hoodrat and one hoodrat who disrespected another ends up dead.

CL

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Absolutely correct. I see where you folks are coming from. You see this story as a concealed Carry permit holder who engages punks playing loud music. Now I understand where you are coming from.

CL
    That makes more sense. I assumed that was the case based on the statement the shooter made about being threatened. There's no reason to make that statement unless you're trying to justify your actions. A scumbag carrying illegally would simply say he didn't do it.

(Cumberland County)

CL
    So based on your experiences and social checklist loud music playing people are low life scum and should be killed? People who dont respect their elders (because elders are always righteous) should be killed?

(Allegheny County)

Thanks. Been awhile since I rattled some cages I guess. As I explained in another post, I realize now the mind set of some folks here.

My mindset was hood rat meets another hoodrat and one hoodrat who disrespected another ends up dead.

CL
    Where did it say the shooter was a "hoodrat" I think the more likely scenario is he was shot by someone with a mindset such as yours. Just keep sitting in your high horse buddy. Someone someday will knock you off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    So based on your experiences and social checklist loud music playing people are low life scum and should be killed? People who dont respect their elders (because elders are always righteous) should be killed?
    Yes sir, I do believe people who play loud music from their automobiles are disrespectful little twerps. And whatever happens to them, well, happens to them. As I say, if you one wants to survive in the world, best not to rile up the beasts within.

I suspect the man who shot in defense of his life after leaving his daughter's wedding, asked the teens to turn down their music and that request was immediately rebuffed with negative verbage. Don't really know, wasn't there. Just goes to what I consider to be basic respect. Don't piss on other people and tell them its raining type deal. Might not end well for ya.

CL

(Delaware County)

Barring any mitigating circumstances not reported, a first year law student could get a conviction on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
    Where did it say the shooter was a "hoodrat" I think the more likely scenario is he was shot by someone with a mindset such as yours. Just keep sitting in your high horse buddy. Someone someday will knock you off of it.
    I said in my mind, how I read the story. I can be wrong. Even will admit it once a year. 2012 was already used so perhaps next year will be the lucky year for you when I admit fault. LOL

Look, not on a high horse. Just fairly simple to me...if you don't want to be shot and killed, don't do things that cause other's to take action against you. Playing loud music apparently is one of those things that can set someone off. Perhaps if we didn't have this societal mentality "I can do whatever I want", we wouldn't have killings like this.
    Don't infringe on other people space and time and blam, no confrontation. Pretty simple concept to me but I guess I don't just don't understand the need to force my will and desires on other people. Playing loud music forces my ideals, my thoughts, my whatever on other people who are subject to my actions and someone, might take issue with me forcing my will on them.

Everyone has a pet peeve, mine is loud music. Doesn't matter what genre or type, or anything. I don't want to hear whatever you feel the need to listen too. They make headphones, use them. Don't force your likes on me by playing loud music. Its disruptive. Disorderly even. I think in PA, loud music from an automobile is a chargeable offense under disorderly conduct. If that is true, then I guess the State Legislature (which represents the citizens), feels the same way I do.

CL

(Chester County)

If it played out the way the article says, he should absolutely be charged. He sounds like he was having a bad day, pulled in and gave the kids some attitude for their music being loud, and they gave it back. I don't see how he felt so threatened to shoot into the car, unless someone pointed a gun at him. If you ask me, he had an opportunity to not escalate the situation, or even better yet, not engage them in the first place.

Custom loaded - Wow. So you are basically saying that playing loud music is a sentence to be executed? You sir, sound like a Nazi. When is the book burning, and goose stepping lessons? Kids will be kids.. if playing loud music is the worst thing they are doing, big deal.

(Lehigh County)

I said in my mind, how I read the story. I can be wrong. Even will admit it once a year. 2012 was already used so perhaps next year will be the lucky year for you when I admit fault. LOL

Look, not on a high horse. Just fairly simple to me...if you don't want to be shot and killed, don't do things that cause other's to take action against you. Playing loud music apparently is one of those things that can set someone off. Perhaps if we didn't have this societal mentality "I can do whatever I want", we wouldn't have killings like this.
    Don't infringe on other people space and time and blam, no confrontation. Pretty simple concept to me but I guess I don't just don't understand the need to force my will and desires on other people. Playing loud music forces my ideals, my thoughts, my whatever on other people who are subject to my actions and someone, might take issue with me forcing my will on them.

Everyone has a pet peeve, mine is loud music. Doesn't matter what genre or type, or anything. I don't want to hear whatever you feel the need to listen too. They make headphones, use them. Don't force your likes on me by playing loud music. Its disruptive. Disorderly even. I think in PA, loud music from an automobile is a chargeable offense under disorderly conduct. If that is true, then I guess the State Legislature (which represents the citizens), feels the same way I do.

CL

So by saying that you are also saying that if someone is uncomfortable with Open carry and they ask you to cover up if legally possible you should do so? These kids where breaking no laws by playing loud music, the guy should of minded his own business, just like we feel people should mind their own business when we open carry see how that works? These kids playing loud music is no different then someone open carrying as long as their is no law against it.
    IANAL

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast