Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LTCF - Error

Default Re: LTCF - Error

Quote Originally Posted by jloop10 View Post
    I obtained my LTCF about 5 months ago prior to even owning a handgun in anticipation of purchasing on. I went to the Sherrif's office (Berks) filled out the paperwork, waited and got my LTCF rather quickly (45mins tops). They had me verify name and address I did and went on with my day. I got home and stored the license for future use. I recently purchased a handgun and just recently became comfortable CC. Just a couple of days ago I reached for my LTCF and decided to check it. I noticed that my RACE was incorrectly noted on the LTCF. It shows "W" and yet I am Hispanic. Before anyone gives me the speech, I know it was my responsibility to make sure it was correct before I left that day. Unfortunately it was an oversight on my part and my LTCF has been stored since the day I got it. Is this something I should be concerned with and take care of immediately? I'm surprised I didn't catch this when I first got my license. Before anyone gives me the speech, I know it was my responsibility to make sure it was correct before I left that day. Unfortunately it was an oversight on my part.

I belive that the correct catagory for hispanic is white. I know that sounds crazy but that is not the first time I have heard of that. OP go to the sherrifs office and just ask. I would not be upset about it and doubt that it will get changed!
    Last edited by Daycrawler; October 1st, 2010 at 05:00 PM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by aferr1973 View Post
    Wow, 45 minutes to get your LTCF in Berks. It has been 30 days for me in Northampton and still no LTCF in the mail for me.
    Call them. Tell them you just want to check on status in case there is some kind of error or something such as mailing address. They were happy to take my call at around 30 days and told me it had been returned to them due to a mailing error. Probably would have sat there a few more weeks had I not called, instead I got it two days later. Heck, you can mention my story.

Just don't bug them every week

No, don't correct it, USE it. Learn our secret handshakes, get one of those cushy no-show overpaid jobs that we all have, join a country club. Live it up, The Man screwed up and you should seize the day.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: LTCF - Error

"White" is a color, not a race. "Black" is not a race, either. Black is a color.

"Caucasian" is a race, as "Negro", "Oriental" or "Latino" are also formal names for other races. Sounds un-PC and a bit dated, but it's also factual.

When ever I fill out the paperwork when buying a gun, I never check "White" or write "White" when it asks me my race. My race is "Caucasian", so that is what I write in.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    "White" is a color, not a race. "Black" is not a race, either. Black is a color.

"Caucasian" is a race, as "Negro", "Oriental" or "Latino" are also formal names for other races. Sounds un-PC and a bit dated, but it's also factual.

When ever I fill out the paperwork when buying a gun, I never check "White" or write "White" when it asks me my race. My race is "Caucasian", so that is what I write in.
    my "race" is AMERICAN.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MischaBurns View Post
    my "race" is AMERICAN.
    I totally agree!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    No, don't correct it, USE it. Learn our secret handshakes, get one of those cushy no-show overpaid jobs that we all have, join a country club. Live it up, The Man screwed up and you should seize the day.
    I have the cushy job, have the country club part down. I just need to get the handshake part taken care of. )

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jloop10 View Post
    I have the cushy job, have the country club part down. I just need to get the handshake part taken care of. )
    The White Handshake

If anyone should ever question you about the W on your LTCF, simply reply cheerily:

"I'm passing!"

/old school term
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7082646AADgh2S
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; October 2nd, 2010 at 10:55 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: LTCF - Error

Quote Originally Posted by MischaBurns View Post
    my "race" is AMERICAN.
    No, "American" is a nationality.

(Northampton County)

I had this same thing happen to me in 2007, I called the northampton county Sheriff office the very next day and I was told thats what there told to do. Its been like that ever since.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast