Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: House Bill 2536 Offered

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Representative Lentz had a "press conference" on this today at the capitol.

I was there, and I had "fun" during the Q&A. Perhaps someone else who was there should relay how that went down.
    IronSight took him to task for all the illegalities surrounding the LTCF procedure in PA, specifically the pricing of said licenses. It did not go over well. In fact, it shut down the entire Q/A portion of his press conference. I tried to ask the next question, and he would not even talk to me about it on the record.

I asked him how many cops had been killed by people carrying an out of state permit. He did not know the answer to that. I suspect that the answer is a round number - 0. I asked him because he had Joe Grace up on the platform wringing his hands and lamenting about how many cops had been killed, and how we needed this sensible legislation that would not hurt legal gun owners in the slightest. They also raved about MAIG, and had the mayor of Swarthmore(?) up there, along with his chief of police (who had all the facial expression of a wooden indian).

I waved my Utah CWP under Lentz's nose and told him (politely) that it was for travel in other states. He told me I was not the target of his legislation, and then went on to ask me if I was one of those people who thought no one should need a permit. I was, am, and will continue to be. He didi not care for that one bit. He thinks people who have been arrested (not convicted, just arrested) should be barred from carrying. I told him that I thought that was a DA problem, and since he was a former DA, he should know all about that. I don't think I am going to make his Christmas card list this year.

(Allegheny County)

Representative Lentz had a "press conference" on this today at the capitol.

I was there, and I had "fun" during the Q&A. Perhaps someone else who was there should relay how that went down.
    You ALL should thank IronSight, they greatly underestimated him and what he was able to do at that so called press conference was most enjoyable to see one bested at something like this by just politely asking questions of a Rep in public.

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    IronSight took him to task for all the illegalities surrounding the LTCF procedure in PA, specifically the pricing of said licenses. It did not go over well. In fact, it shut down the entire Q/A portion of his press conference. I tried to ask the next question, and he would not even talk to me about it on the record.

I asked him how many cops had been killed by people carrying an out of state permit. He did not know the answer to that. I suspect that the answer is a round number - 0. I asked him because he had Joe Grace up on the platform wringing his hands and lamenting about how many cops had been killed, and how we needed this sensible legislation that would not hurt legal gun owners in the slightest. They also raved about MAIG, and had the mayor of Swarthmore(?) up there, along with his chief of police (who had all the facial expression of a wooden indian).

I waved my Utah CWP under Lentz's nose and told him (politely) that it was for travel in other states. He told me I was not the target of his legislation, and then went on to ask me if I was one of those people who thought no one should need a permit. I was, am, and will continue to be. He didi not care for that one bit. He thinks people who have been arrested (not convicted, just arrested) should be barred from carrying. I told him that I thought that was a DA problem, and since he was a former DA, he should know all about that. I don't think I am going to make his Christmas card list this year.
    I don't think anyone is getting a Christmas card that was there either, they were not happy we showed up.

who says gun owners can't impact politics?

A few boots on the ground, directly engaged in the fight at point of contact is better than thousands of push button phantom activist playing key commandos on a forum just playing fantasy arm chair quarterback politics.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    You ALL should thank IronSight, they greatly underestimated him and what he was able to do at that so called press conference was most enjoyable to see one bested at something like this by just politely asking questions of a Rep in public.

I don't think anyone is getting a Christmas card that was there either, they were not happy we showed up.

who says gun owners can't impact politics?

A few boots on the ground, directly engaged in the fight at point of contact is better than thousands of push button phantom activist playing key commandos on a forum just playing fantasy arm chair quarterback politics.
    IronSight , also took the head of the LTCF Div. to task......

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    IronSight , also took the head of the LTCF Div. to task......
    Thanks guys, I'll be following up with letters to the offices of everyone who I talked to, or asked/directed a question/comment to. Once I'm done writing the letters, and/or when I get responses, I'll post that information for everyone.

I truly believe that Rep. Lentz does not fully understand the issue at hand, so I will address my questions with his office again, even if I have to "ambush" him at his Harrisburg office later on.

Lt. King and I had a friendly conversation on the side, and I will be following up on the questions that arose from that conversation with her and Blackburn.

I will also, just for the hell of it, be writing Joe Grace.

(Lehigh County)

I just found this article about yesterday's events, some of them at least.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local...#axzz0p4TccOfD

State lawmakers pass 1 gun-related bill, reject 3 others

By Amy Worden
    Inquirer Harrisburg Bureau
    HARRISBURG - In what has become an annual exercise in the Capitol, lawmakers who support tighter gun control measures - most from Philadelphia - put their quixotic agenda before their fellow legislators.

Hours after Thomas' bills failed, another Philadelphia-area Democrat took a crack at addressing a gun issue.

At a news conference, Rep. Bryan R. Lentz of Delaware County introduced a bill that would prohibit Pennsylvania residents from carrying a concealed firearm unless they had been issued a permit in this state. Such a bill would prevent the practice that allows people to carry weapons licensed in another state.

Flanked by law enforcement officers, including Philadelphia's Deputy Police Commissioner William Blackburn, Lentz said too many Pennsylvania residents who have been denied weapons permits apply by mail to Florida or other states with which the commonwealth has reciprocity agreements.

Lentz and others were quick to say that theirs was not an antigun bill, but a pro-police bill aimed at giving law enforcement officers the tools they need to prosecute crimes.

"The law now is a get-out-of-jail-free card in the form of a Florida permit," said Lentz, who is running for Congress in the Seventh District. "They send you on your way with permit and the gun. This law ends that loophole."

Blackburn cited an incident in North Philadelphia last year where a police officer was shot and wounded. One of many guns retrieved at the scene was connected to someone with nine prior arrests who had permits from Florida and New Hampshire, Blackburn said.

The out-of-state permits allow people to "completely circumvent Pennsylvania law," he said.

The National Rifle Association and the state Attorney General's Office issued a swift rebuke, saying they did not believe a problem exists and defending the permitting process in other states.
    I'm going to e-mail Amy Worden now about the new's conference and the organization/people that were actually there to offer a true "swift rebuke".

FOAC isn't getting the credit it deserves.

(Montgomery County)

FOAC isn't getting the credit it deserves.
    Neither are you.

Damn rep nazi's.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Bucks County)

my gf just did a class for her fl ccw... why? because philadelphia has asinine hours and some people who work 9-5 can't afford to take off from work to drive all the way downtown from far away ne philly. ironsight, you get rep today.

now if philly had regional offices like bucks county and could process applications until 5pm like most normal offices, she could have just gotten done work early... but noooooo! philly has to be difficult.
    Last edited by ccphilly1984; May 26th, 2010 at 05:28 PM.
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm confused; has this already been voted into law? If not, when will a vote take place?

The outcome here will determine weather or not I'm going to start looking for a nice place in NC...
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mumit View Post
    I'm confused; has this already been voted into law? If not, when will a vote take place?

The outcome here will determine weather or not I'm going to start looking for a nice place in NC...
    It was referred to the Judiciary Committee yesterday.

Time to spam them with e-mail again in opposition.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    Neither are you.

Damn rep nazi's.

Agreed. I got him.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast