Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: First Time Concealed Carry

If you want something along the lines of a crossbreed but dont have the money go with a Kholster. Almost same thing ( cut your own leather down ) and less exspensive. They are $45 with free shipping right now.

www.kholster.com
    No longer posting

(Venango County)

I use the Gun Vault Deluxe 1000 at home and when travelling. Get the security cable too. It has a light and alarm. The non-deluxe model is very basic, I think the deluxe features are worth the extra money. The 2000 is even bigger but does not hide under a car seat as well, if at all. But at the hotel you can safely put your car keys and wallet etc. on a shelf above the weapon while you sleep.

Cabelas sells them but you may be able to find elsewhere.

Gun Vault
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by charliepff View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Last night was my first time conceal carry. The wife and I went to Blockbuster and then to Papa Johns. It was more like cover carry. I had a belt holster on my right side with a polo shirt over. It was noticeable if you really looked. An off duty Sheriffs officer noticed but did not say anything and some girl noticed the slight bulge in the shirt. I did like it but want to get a different holster. I have a Glock 23. Is there any holsters anyone recommends? Also, my wife has to lock her's in her vehicle at work. Does anyone recommend a quick access safe. I appreciate the advice.
    Congrats on your first carry!! I'm willing to bet that less people noticed a bulge than you think. You tend to be a little paranoid when you first start to carry. The more you do it, the more comfortable you get and the less you think that everyone knows you are carrying. +rep inbound

(Montgomery County)

One of the other SGT's in my unit is also a PSP trooper ,was telling me about that super tuck holster. He says he loves it . I forgot all about it until i seen this thread. I just ordered one for my G19 with the combat cut and also notched for my CT laser grips.

Until you get used to it (carrying) , Its like the first few times going out in public commando, you keep checking your fly to make sure your dick isn't hanging out.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It is funny you said about checking your fly. I checked to make sure my shirt was covering about every ten minutes. I wore it around yesterday until we went over to Maryland to the can to walk the dog. Then I had to leave it at home. I agree it is just going to take some time to get use to it. I was actually looking at the gun vault. I think the next time I head up that way to see the family I will stop at Cabela's and take a look at them. The next step is getting the wife a better holster and getting her to carry more. I am looking at the IWB holsters and will probably by one by tomorrow.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

(Pike County)

Charlie,you also have to consider what you are wearing. Make sure your shirt is one size larger then what you normally wear. I don't like polo shirts for ccw. I like an oversized button down shirt untucked. A IWB holster is much better for concealing a your gun in the warm weather then a OWB also.

Congratuations on your first time. Soon you will not even think about it when you carry.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by charliepff View Post
    An off duty Sheriffs officer noticed but did not say anything and some girl noticed the slight bulge in the shirt.
    How do you know they noticed it? Maybe they noticed your weird behaviour? Or you were hyper sensitive of anyone that looked at you?

I don't like CC IWB on my hip. I use a IWB in the small of my back.
    http://www.barsonyholstersandbelts.c...Holster/Detail
    It's more comfortable and easy to conceal with just about anything I wear.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    If you want something along the lines of a crossbreed but dont have the money go with a Kholster. Almost same thing ( cut your own leather down ) and less exspensive. They are $45 with free shipping right now.

www.kholster.com
    I have and use a kholster currently.

It's very comfortable to wear, and once I cut it down is perfectly serviceable (before cutting it down it rubbed my thumb raw during draw practice). It's definitely worth the money, but only if you're willing to put some time and thought into how you customize it. I got frustrated by my bleeding thumb and cut mine in a hasty fashion, and how have a substandard holster because of it. also, the Kydex molding on mine leaves a little to be desired, though it comes with instructions for how to remold it (I just haven't, because I don't have a hair dryer).

If you are willing to put some time into your holster and are handy, the kholster is excellent. If you want one that just works out of the box, I'd say go with a more expensive version of the same design (the supertuck, or MTAC for example).

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    How do you know they noticed it? Maybe they noticed your weird behaviour? Or you were hyper sensitive of anyone that looked at you?

I don't like CC IWB on my hip. I use a IWB in the small of my back.
    http://www.barsonyholstersandbelts.c...Holster/Detail
    It's more comfortable and easy to conceal with just about anything I wear.
    How does that feel when you're sitting in a car? I've been interested in a small of back holster, but haven't had a chance to try one yet.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    How does that feel when you're sitting in a car? I've been interested in a small of back holster, but haven't had a chance to try one yet.
    Tolerable lol. I can drive a 1/2 hour to work no problem. It probably depends on how you fit in your seat and your body size. I usually remove it because it's too hard to reach if needed.
    The wire clip makes it pretty easy to take off and on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast