Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Berks county and non-res LTCF

well i took your advice and i called the sherriffs office, and they said a restricted NY permit is no good.

A restricted NY pistol permit is still technically a full carry, the restrictions can only be enforced administratively. If i carry outside my restrictions i cannot be charged with anything...worst case scenario is that i would lose my permit.

interesting enough my friend 4 months ago got an LTCF from Berks with the same type of permit

ohh well....i guess ill be stuck carrying with my NH non res permit

I need more info on this whole ny permit thing.

Is there a (for lack of a better term) unrestricted permit?
    I suspect that since the OP is from NYC he has the more restricted permit than is obtainable elsewhere, which I believe is the problem.

I know a few people (not personally unfortunately) that have ny carry permits issued from Cattaraugus county, and had no issue obtaining a non-res pa ltcf from the McKean county sheriff, or at least that’s what I was told.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I need more info on this whole ny permit thing.

Is there a (for lack of a better term) unrestricted permit?
    I suspect that since the OP is from NYC he has the more restricted permit than is obtainable elsewhere, which I believe is the problem.

I know a few people (not personally unfortunately) that have ny carry permits issued from Cattaraugus county, and had no issue obtaining a non-res pa ltcf from the McKean county sheriff, or at least that’s what I was told.
    yes there are unrestricted permits- in actuality most permits issued are unrestricted its just the lower counties like NYC and long island that put restrictions on their permits. Those restrictions as i have said are not legally binding, all permits in the eyes of the law are unrestricted carry, the restriction is just an agreement between u and the licensing authority that you will only use your permit for certain things (target shooting, employment) If you are caught carrying outside your restriction, the worst that could happen is they take away your permit and your gun...they cannot arrest you since you are carrying with a valid NYS pistol permit.

Quote Originally Posted by abmand View Post
    well i took your advice and i called the sherriffs office, and they said a restricted NY permit is no good.

A restricted NY pistol permit is still technically a full carry, the restrictions can only be enforced administratively. If i carry outside my restrictions i cannot be charged with anything...worst case scenario is that i would lose my permit.

interesting enough my friend 4 months ago got an LTCF from Berks with the same type of permit

ohh well....i guess ill be stuck carrying with my NH non res permit
    Here's a list of all PA sheriffs and their contact info. Check with them all; maybe you'll get lucky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12