Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Newbie observations

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    Comments above in red. Welcome to the forum!
    Well replied flyingjunkie.

I'm not going to even bother replying to that kind of turn coat post.
    Smh all day long.

(Bucks County)

"Newbie" being the key word here.

What I've always thought, is that you have two ears and two eyes but only one mouth. That's a 4:1 ratio of information input vs output.

Look, listen and learn before expressing your immature, contrary and condescending opinions.

and bite me.

(Lancaster County)

I don't think the OP has spent enough time reading posts here. Had he, he would have seen that all his points have already been discussed ad nauseum.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 6Shooter43 View Post
    Finally, open carry to go to wawa is a bad idea.... Anti gunners are scared. They see a gun in plain sight and all kinds of bad things flash thru thier minds. Just because your car will do 140 mph doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Sounds like you really haven't read much the past few days after all.

Hundreds of members here, including myself, have open carried every day for several years (6 years in my case) and nobody ever freaked out. I'm a little east of you, shopping on the PA/NJ border, and 10%-25% of license plates at the WaWa or the grocery store are from NY and NJ, mostly NJ.

So, while you are incorrect, I find it more curious that you feel you have some special wisdom from out of nowhere, with no experience whatsoever, that magically exceeds the collective knowledge of thousands of people that have actually been doing this for years and sharing their experiences with each other.

It would be like me walking onto the main presentation stage at the 12th Annual International Gay Conference and telling a crowd of thousands of attendees that they don't know how to properly attend to a penis.

Just because something is written into law doesn't mean it's a good idea to argue it with LEO's. I'm not saying LEO's don't make mistakes... we all do. But I have never seen someone argue about his/her rights come out well.
    Is there a difference between arguing and having a conversation?

Or does telling a cop that hes wrong always = argument?

Finally, open carry to go to wawa is a bad idea.... Anti gunners are scared. They see a gun in plain sight and all kinds of bad things flash thru thier minds.
    This is exactly why open carry MUST be practiced.

In the same way that the media/establishment has conditioned people to fear guns, we (as responsible gun owners) have to condition people to realize that a firearm is nothing to be scared of.

EVERYONE should open carry on a regular basis (once a week/month etc.). Consider it to be your civic duty.
    Last edited by hotdog; April 5th, 2014 at 06:36 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Sounds like you really haven't read much the past few days after all.

Hundreds of members here, including myself, have open carried every day for several years (6 years in my case) and nobody ever freaked out. I'm a little east of you, shopping on the PA/NJ border, and 10%-25% of license plates at the WaWa or the grocery store are from NY and NJ, mostly NJ.

So, while you are incorrect, I find it more curious that you feel you have some special wisdom from out of nowhere, with no experience whatsoever, that magically exceeds the collective knowledge of thousands of people that have actually been doing this for years and sharing their experiences with each other.

It would be like me walking onto the main presentation stage at the 12th Annual International Gay Conference and telling a crowd of thousands of attendees that they don't know how to properly attend to a penis.
    Flawed analogy.

I'll bet you could teach them a thing or two.

(Bucks County)

I OC at Wawa and make sure to hold the door for people strong side out so they see that gun owners can be respectable and mannerly. I wouldn't want them to be ascared of me cause I gots a gun on.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

Has it really been 12 years already?

Ok well the best time is when it is erect and you can get the crud out of all the creases..

Op. last year I was in PA, I went to a 4th of July fireworks. While i was there, a bunch of soldiers just back from the sand box where talking together when all of a sudden, a firework went off...

I never saw a bunch of guys dive and hide under cars, trucks and benches faster in my life..

I really felt bad for them, I mean I understood why they dived, they where conditioned to do this from months if not years of service where explosions and sharp sounds are not welcome... Thing is, although it affected them in this way, the fireworks went on, No one asked to stop the fireworks because of a minority that was not comfortable with the noise.

So if you see someone open carrying at walmart and feel uncomfortable you should walk out, go elsewhere, come back later.. It is not up to the law abiding citizens to leave or cover up, they are not the ones who are harming anyone.

Oh and welcome to the forum, Expect me to be the first to jump in with a farce or a joke if this turns into a troll thread..
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    Well replied flyingjunkie.

I'm not going to even bother replying to that kind of turn coat post.
    Smh all day long.
    ^^^ What he said...
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Lancaster County)

Ok,Ok, Thank you for proving my point gents. I did this to open a conversation stating only my opinion, What I got was comments about penis', fuck um if they dont like it, etc. This kind of arrogant replies is what I expected. No common sense, just bullshit! No wonder people have problems with the gun toteing peeps. I'm done here..... Thank you!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast