Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BudsGunShop

(Chester County)

Default Re: BudsGunShop

ive bought lots of stuff from buds, if you look, they have some dirt cheap prices, just dont be expecting them to next day air your purchase right away.. ive waited 2 weeks while there isnt a crazy buying scene going on

(Delaware County)

I bought my CZ-85B for $450 NIB...Once they had my ammunition form finally, it took 2 days to get my gun.

I think now they don't require the ammunition form anymore.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I just ran a check on Buds for a CZ 2075 RAMI P . Last one they sold was 550. Did a gallery of guns local search and found it foe 514, with tax 544 and most of my locals will match. I`d rather by local.

Check out Cabelas. I was also looking into getting a CZ Rami P and Cabelas Had them in stock and on sale for $419 untill the 30th I think and they also have some instant rebates going on with either $20 or $30 back on purchases of $150 or more.. I was up there on Sunday and they had around 15 in stock but I would still call first.

BTW I did not get the CZ I liked everything about except the lack of a decocker

http://cabelasflyers.dirxion.com/86V/Main.asp
    Last edited by cyclesteel; December 17th, 2008 at 01:53 PM.

Big jump from 08 to 2012. I'll put my updated 2cent opinion.
    Bought an lwrc from buds being a loyal customer of 2or 3 purchases and found 2 sites almost 100. Cheaper.
    Paid with postal mo and still waited to long. 4, 5 days
    Phone reps are seemingly impatient and have better things to do than answer extra questions.
    Just my opinion but I don't feel they are that great any longer.
    I will state that the merchandise always made it to my ffl's door 100% condition.
    Last edited by mike4; August 16th, 2011 at 11:40 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ksig1869 View Post
    Hey All,

I've been looking around for a handgun principally stuck between the Desert Eagle 9mm Compact($520), S&W M&P 9c ($510), Beretta Storm ($500 range). My question is how is this site and what am I looking at as total cost? How much am I expecting or Transfer fee or any other fees I'm missing?

Thanks & Happy Holidays
    AHHHHHH ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!

LOL, here is my viewpoint since the thread is up.

I bought my Glock 23 from Buds. GREAT place to do deal with.

If you mail them a check, the price shipped to your FFL is the sticker price on the website.

If you use a credit/debit card, they charge you a 3%-4% fee to cover the transaction fee's that they have to pay.

While it is against Mastercards, Visa's, Amex's, and Discover's contract to charge "more" when a consumer uses a credit card. It is allowed to offer a "cash" discount. So, buds is allowed to do it. And they offer great prices. So, it's fair IMHO. Even with the credit card fee, my Glock was still cheaper than any shop around me by atleast $40.

(Lehigh County)

Found this in my email this morning, I have bought stuff from Bud's but I will not be joining the VIP program. I'd give Bud's a 50 - 50 split on good/bad. I think they charge too much for pre-owned items and my favorite local shop has great prices on new...

Sorry it's kind of long.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very bold statement, but we think you will agree it's true ! Since 2003, we have been bringing the best deals on firearms and accessories to our customers nationwide. Those deals have allowed us to grow from customer # 1 back in 2003 to an incredible 587,850 customers as of this email ! With that many people, you might imagine the number of requests, suggestions and (let's just be honest) complaints we get daily. We continue to do our very best to consider them all.

Although we take great pride in our customer satisfaction ratings, which includes a Better Business Bureau (BBB) highest possible rating of A+, we also understand that there are many customers who would prefer an even higher level of service. We had previously resisted over upgrading our services in favor of keeping our prices low...as that seems to be what the majority of our customers prefer. However, we have now decided to offer BOTH great prices and an optional premium customer service package for those who desire that highest level of service.

We have listened closely to our +half million customers and wrapped all of their most popular requests, suggestions and even complaints into one neat package....we call it the BUDS VIP !

For as little as $19.95/year, here's what you'll get as a BUDS VIP !

1. Minimum 72 hour advance purchase opportunity on ALL hard to get guns, ALL used guns, and any other special offers. YOU always get the "first shot" !
    2. 30 Day Price Protection on all new firearms*
    2. Same Day shipping on select guns**
    3. FREE classifieds listings on our website ! Advertise your items for sale on a website with over 72,000 views per with absolutely no listing or selling fees. ***
    4. A 1-888-Toll-Free begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-888-Toll-Free end_of_the_skype_highlighting number for BUDS VIP members only
    5. An expedited email option for BUDS VIP members only
    6. Even more benefits to be announced soon....
    *applies only to advertised price changes on www.budsgunshop.com
    **order must be placed by 2 PM EST. Requires credit card payment and shipment to one of our Preferred FFL dealers
    *** we are limiting each customer to only one classified listing per month to avoid excessive dealer listings in the classifieds section

To give you some specific examples of BUDS VIP items....we launched the VIP program earlier today with a 72 hour advance purchase opportunity on a used lot of S&W Model 10 Police Trade-in revolvers for only $269 DELIVERED ! These guns are trade-ins from the same department as the Model 10's we offered just two weeks ago, and nearly 200 of those guns sold out in less than 24 hours ! We had customers calling and emailing offering us $50 more than our advertised price for the guns ! Unfortunately, it was too late, they were already gone. Click on the photo below to see the both versions of the Model 10 we currently have available for BUDS VIP members only !

To view all the new and used guns currently in the BUDS VIP members only section, click HERE. Our website automatically updates inventory and pricing several times per hour, 24/7. Please be advised that new VIP items may therefore be added several times each day. Please also be advised that VIP items may drop off as they either expire (72 hours) or sell out. However, guns and ammunition in limited supply will continue to be reserved for VIP customers beyond 72 hours.

It's not just guns ! BUDS VIP members get the "first shot" on all special deals and limited supply offers....like the discontinued and nearly impossible to find Federal XMP38B1 .38 Special Nyclad Round Nose for only $14.95 for a 50 rd box ! If you are subscribed to receive emails from us, you will automatically receive members only email alerts notifying you of new VIP offers.

Yet another good example of the benefits of being a BUDS VIP member would be the Kel-Tec PMR30. Even after we fill all our customer prepaid Reserve Order's, we will still have over 2,700 people on a waiting list for just that one gun ! Once again, BUDS VIP members will get a minimum 72 hour advance purchase opportunity on each and every "Wish List" gun we receive.

The economy and political climate has resulted in gun prices fluctuating wildly in just a short amount of time. As a BUDS VIP member, you have the security of knowing you can take advantage of our best advertised price within one month, 30 days of making your purchase ! We will be providing an official BUDS VIP Price Protection link on the website to allow only VIP customers to request Price Protection. The link will automatically notify us of your VIP status, the price you originally paid for the item, and our current advertised price of the item. Upon review and approval, we will issue a credit to your account equal to the total price difference. Credits can only be applied to future www.budsgunshop.com purchases, and you are only allowed one Price Protection request per item....so make it a good one !

When you consider that just one gun deal a year can offset your entire cost of being a BUDS VIP member...it really is "the best Value we have ever offered". Simply taking advantage of any one VIP benefit, just one time, throughout an entire year, can more than reimburse you for your VIP membership cost. Maybe you are not in the market for buying another gun, maybe you actually need to sell a few ? Consider the fees for a single $500 gun sold on Gunbroker will cost you about the same as your BUDS VIP membership....and you can sell guns for FREE on www.budsgunshop.com for a whole year !

No matter how great of a deal it is, we realize BUDS VIP is not for everyone. Please understand that we are not in any way taking customer resources away from our loyal customers. In order to keep our profit margins the same, we must charge for this optional BUDS VIP service. VIP membership fees will allow us to add the resources it will require to provide a higher level of service to the customers who choose to pay for it. Whether the number of new BUDS VIP customers ends up being 10 or 10,000 we will have at least offered to provide the services so many people have been asking for.

No matter what level of service you choose...we sincerely appreciate your business and the to opportunity to serve you.

In sincere appreciation,

Rex McClanahan
    Vice President
    Budsgunshop.com, LLC.

Say what you will. Customer service is very important. I rate my recent transaction with buds a 3 (1 to 10) people there really sound unhappy in their surroundings.
    I deal with glockmiester in Az. And the people there are a pleasure to do business with as are a couple of other sites I frequent.
    There 's no need for the bs buds people exhibited on two or three given days. I was spending big cash so it's job security they should look at it as. I wouldn't satire this if they did not deserve it. They got lucky. I did the deal anyhow. I have two more items in my sights for this year. Need I say more...

(McKean County)

I've had a good experience with them. I have only made one purchase from them though.

I bought my sig p226 40s&w from them in late 2009. The FFL dealer I was going through had never dealt with them before. I had to just call the FFL and ask them to fax a copy of their license to Buds. After that was approved, (they sent me an email notification), it took 4 business days for the firearm to arrive there.

The overall price at the time was the best I could find as well.
    "If fate frowns, we all perish."

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike4 View Post
    Big jump from 08 to 2012. I'll put my updated 2cent opinion.
    Bought an lwrc from buds being a loyal customer of 2or 3 purchases and found 2 sites almost 100. Cheaper.
    Paid with postal mo and still waited to long. 4, 5 days
    Phone reps are seemingly impatient and have better things to do than answer extra questions.
    Just my opinion but I don't feel they are that great any longer.
    I will state that the merchandise always made it to my ffl's door 100% condition.
    I'm confused - four or five days is too long to wait for something being shipped to Florida? What do you expect them to do, beam it over?

I guess I don't get why people buy factory new guns (used/surplus is a different story) from drop shippers like Bud's. Every time I've looked at their prices, I haven't found them to be that much cheaper than buying somewhere else local. Case in point, I was recently pricing a Colt 6920 AR. The Bud's price was/is $1045 (and it's now out of stock), and my dealer found one for $1050 OTD. By the time I factored in shipping (don't know if Bud's includes S&H in the price or not) & transfer, it was cheaper for me to buy it via my dealer, and he made more money on it to boot. I would much rather keep a local guy in business and get personal service than deal with a big company that doesn't care about me beyond my money.

The key to all this, of course, is finding a good FFL who is willing to look around and order stuff for you cheaply. I have found that the FFL's who sell stuff the cheapest usually don't keep a storefront and work from home (so they have lower overhead) and do it on the side for a little extra money rather than as a primary business.

ETA: I will say the Bud's website is useful for getting an idea of actual street retail for a particular gun (as opposed to MSRP), but that's about all I use it for.
    Last edited by y0rlik; August 16th, 2011 at 01:42 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast