Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 22nd & 23rd Tri County Gun Show, York Fairgrounds, York PA

i was planning on attending this show way before the latest school shooting, but after seeing and hearing how local shops are completely sold out of everything, I'll be skipping this show. Hopefully things will calm down a bit...

(York County)

IM GOING !!! CAN'T WAIT! Hoping to get a rifle for myself and a cc pistol for my wife. I just pray that one day i can take my kids to a gun show .

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluescooter View Post
    I'm in the process of building a AR15. Yeah, i know, probably doing this at the worst possible time with the recent tradegy. What are anybody's thoughts on what might be available at the show? Haven't been to the York show for a year or so. Basically, I have a complete lower, need either an upper or parts to assemble an upper. Thanks in advance!
    Check with Dennis A Todd (big green sign) They have a lot of AR build parts/mags/MagPul stuff, etc. You'll get a fair price. Tell 'em bug sent ya......

(York County)

I think as busy as this show will be I'll skip it as well. Any of you guys looking for stuff best of luck to ya!!! get in line early

(Centre County)

hoping to pick up some mags, ammo and maybe a lower if they are avail!

Im hoping to get there an hr early.........coming from Centre county!

(Dauphin County)

I was planning to go also, long before the shootings and "gun ban fear" set in. Now, I think I will sadly stay home, it's gonna be packed, bought my wife a CC handgun at a local shop instead. Wouldn't mind picking up some bulk ammo for it though. - Jim

(Centre County)

well,..sadly,.....I have come to reality and figured my almost 3 hr ride would be in futility, as there will probably be no stock there for me, or........people will be gouging so bad,...If I get what I came for.....I probably wouldn't have enough gas money to get back home!

Hope all this dies back down in the weeks to come and the guys looking to buy for hemselves and not resale , will be able to accomplish that without being torn a rearend, big enough to drive a hummer into!

what sucks is,...many of the people buying and driving up prices and decresing supply are the ones who will probably never even shoot the things and let them collect dust.........until of course legislation comes down making it illegal to sell so we will never get a chance to buy them in the end anyhow.

(Adams County)

My mom and stepdad called from the parking lot. The line went all the way to the road and about halfway down the block. Glad I didn't go to this one. The other problem is that PICS has been so backed up that most people won't be able to get their background check today. I was going to trade with someone a few days ago and the gentlman at the shop hadn't gotten through once the entire day and only three times yesterday. Good luck, everyone.

Jim, did you try Gunbroker for ammo? They usually have a lot of bulk ammo for decent prices.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(York County)

Wow...
    I was planning on going to this show and taking my sisters BF and his young son to their first gun show as he was interested in getting a CCW...I cancelled last night and I am glad I did. Between the hyped up crowds, lack of inventory, PICs back-up, and expected high pricing. I knew this one was just not going to be fun. I hope sanity soon returns to this country.

(York County)

I used to go to this show almost every time, but I haven't gone in at least a year because I realized the most I've ever left with is some cheap targets and a couple boxes of ammo. I always ended up going home and buying whatever gun I was looking for online, because either the selection was poor, or prices were ridiculous. Stonybrook Shooting Supplies and Backwoods Outfitters seem to be the only vendors with a decent handgun selection. I was thinking about going this morning to look for a PPQ, since they're sold out everywhere online, but figured between all the panic buying and PICS problems it wasn't worth the trip.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast