Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Is this gun legal or illegal to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I have a pretty big issue with your fundamental lack of understanding and critical thinking. There is no law that I am aware of that requires anyone in America to "report" anything to the authorities. How did you become so indoctrinated by our Governing bodies to believe that you have some duty or requirement to "report."

Why is it that you entirely believe a story told by a sales person at a Gun Show that sounds like a tall tale? It is clear that these two shortcomings are indeed complimentary to each other.

I strongly advise you to spend some serious time and money studying/reading about legal principles in America. While you are at it read up on some of the "Classics" from writers like Shakespeare, Voltaire and Vonnegut (well Vonnegut is a recent classic and dear to my heart). You have a civic duty to be the best citizen you can be because you (most likely) participate in a democratic style government.

Last, and of course not least, everything has a price. If something appears to be too good to be true, it is. Market forces drive prices. Do you really think you were the first person to see that particular device for sale? Why do you think it was still for sale at the time you viewed it? Is it what it appears to be? The only free cheese is in a mouse trap.

Without seeing the merchandise you describe, and based only on an in absentia analysis I can tell you that the "trijicon scope" is a fake. This is the reason why the seller would not sell it separate from the rifle. If you were to complain, he could justify it by saying that you bought the rifle, and that it is worth that much.

Your fellow forum member had some fun with a fake Trijicon scope:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/optics-46/106...ml#post1280030

If you want an ACOG, buy one from a reputable dealer. If you want something that costs quite a bit less and looks similar, buy a knock off.
    I have a pretty big issue with your fundamental lack of understanding, critical thinking and reading comprehension.

Nowhere did I say I would be in violation if I did not report what I believe is illegal activity.

I'd report this if it was a crime because this is my sport, hobby, investment and not to mention when illegal activity happens it ruins it for the rest of us. Every anti believes that WMDs are being traded and sold, so gun shows are huge targets.

You don't think ones civic duty to be the best citizen you can be entails blowing the whistle on someone who is trading goods that could be the reason that someones child or loved one doesn't home?

Now the last time I checked and correct me if i'm wrong because it's been a while, I've been in California for the past 2 months. But the gun business is very competitive and you have to sell alot of guns, ammo and accessories to make money on the low profit margins. So tell me why would a dealer would tell someone who is a potential buyer of a bigger ticket item that the item in question has a shady background if it is legal and I have little to no chance of ever knowing it's history because it came from a few states away?

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Is this gun legal or illegal to buy?

THE GRACIOUS SHERIFF'S DEPUTYS @ montco co gave me exactally 24hrs to dispose of my firearms.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by tomgun1 View Post
    THE GRACIOUS SHERIFF'S DEPUTYS @ montco co gave me exactally 24hrs to dispose of my firearms.
    Under what circumstances?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Go back today and buy it and then sell me the rifle for $200

BTW, since we both know you are talking about Joe Ammo his guys story is BS (about Joe being ill) .... he is set up at the Oaks show
    I forgot the original symptoms but the moral of the story was the hospital thought he had blood clots because of something and they gave him all kinds of meds and they made him sick where he was popping in and out of the hospital. I think it was a torn ligament in his foot and possible infection problems to.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    My concern is lets say I become prohibited 1/1/2008 and i started buying guns after that date...they don't become "tainted"?
    If you are already a prohibited person, and buy a gun, either "legally" due to some hiccup in the system, or even illegally, the guns themselves are not "tainted". They can absolutely be legally sold again and/or legally possessed by a non-prohibited person, just as any other firearm.

YOU may be committing a crime by obtaining/possessing them, but it has no effect on the gun itself.

Another example of why I get so annoyed at the use of the term "illegal gun". There is no such thing. Only the commission of illegal acts, or failure to complete legally required steps on the part of the actor - a person.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; November 7th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Under what circumstances?
    because he didn't have a "permit" lol

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    If you are already a prohibited person, and buy a gun, either "legally" due to some hiccup in the system, or even illegally, the guns themselves are not "tainted". They can absolutely be legally sold again and/or legally possessed by a non-prohibited person, just as any other firearm.

YOU may be committing a crime by obtaining/possessing them, but it has no effect on the gun itself.

Another example of why I get so annoyed at the use of the term "illegal gun". There is no such thing. Only the commission of illegal acts, or failure to complete legally required steps on the part of the actor - a person.
    In a situation like this would I be committing any illegal acts by obtaining/possessing them?

In a situation like this would I be committing any illegal acts by obtaining/possessing them?
    Mickey is talking in his sleep again! (sorry bro, couldn't help myself)

No, unless you have reason to believe the gun is stolen or the instument of a crime you will have done nothing illegal.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Lackawanna County)

Im just gonna pass on it

The guy does have some deals on Colt AR's the 6520 is 819 and others

(Montgomery County)

Cause if this guy is selling guns that were illegally obtained I have to report it
    If you look hard enough in America, just about everything can be illegal. Since you have self appointed a duty to report get ready to spend quite a bit of time being a "confidential informant."

By the way, the above quote is my direct rebuke to your post quoting me. That whole reading comprehension thing. Stating that one has to do something means that it is compelled and not voluntary. "I have to report it" clearly indicates a mandatory activity. If one were to write "I should report it" or "I may report it" or anything along those lines that do not indicate a requirement to report, then it may be a different case.

If I were you I would buy nothing from this dealer you have described. Why? Because he is trying to (possibly trying to) sell something that he knows is not the real deal. I suspect this because he would not sell the scope without the rifle. I invite anyone to prove me wrong by purchasing this "package" and posting pictures showing how authentic this trijicon scope is.

Illegal activity does not ruin it for the rest of us, contrary to your limited world view. I could make a really long list of things that are illegal, that in no way ruin "it" for anyone. You really need to learn more about the world outside of fair Verona walls, it is an interesting place.

I apologize up front if I am insulting you, it is not my intention. You have a myopic and almost infantile vision of what is going on around you that really can help ruin it for the rest of us. In all seriousness, study up on your gun laws, become a knowledgeable asset to the firearms enthusiast community. Take the time and effort to learn, that will do the opposite of ruining it for the rest of us... it will help immensely.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast