Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Automatic Knife Carry

Love my Boker AK-74. Quite a few others love it also after I could offer it to them.
    Sorry for the shameless plug but if anyone else whats to start check my thread in the commercial section.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

i had picked up a kershaw launch 14. i have no complaints so far.

(Chester County)

Also have a Kershaw launch but the deploy button is too exposed for me to comforably carry. Knive is extremely sharp and don't want to ruin any clothing or skin with an accidental bump. Botton is not resessed enough in my opinion.

(Northampton County)

Totally missed this, but then again I haven't had any desire to carry an automatic knife since I was a kid. My EDC is a Leatherman Freestyle CX. It's small/light enough that I forget it's even there, which is unfortunately a double-edged sword (lost my first one hiking and didn't even realize it until I went to remove it from my pants at bedtime).

As most here know, carrying ANY knife within Philadelphia is illegal; technically it's a summary offense, but last I checked the ordinance, it was a MANDATORY 6 month minimum, which I assume is seldom applied.

It's not something people expect, unless they already know about Philly's laws. A Boy Scout pocket knife in Philly is a crime, with a limited exception for being at work in a job that requires a knife, which likely won't apply to you on the way to/from work. So a chef can hold a knife in Philly. Yay.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    As most here know, carrying ANY knife within Philadelphia is illegal; technically it's a summary offense, but last I checked the ordinance, it was a MANDATORY 6 month minimum, which I assume is seldom applied.

It's not something people expect, unless they already know about Philly's laws. A Boy Scout pocket knife in Philly is a crime, with a limited exception for being at work in a job that requires a knife, which likely won't apply to you on the way to/from work. So a chef can hold a knife in Philly. Yay.
    It's pretty sad what's happened to the birthplace of attempted freedom and liberty.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Montgomery County)

I'm carrying an Ultratech now in OD green. Double edge. Super cool and lightweight.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

I actually didn't know that. I pretty much only venture into Philly for live music and a lot of the venues wand for weapons so I have always left the knife behind, but if not for that I guess I would have been breaking the law repeatedly.

(Delaware County)

I knew about the repeal before it happened, but didn't jump and buy an EDC auto right away because I already had a good one-hand-opener. When BladeHQ had a 20% off sale, I took the opportunity to buy a Boker Plus Strike auto.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Bucks County)

I have been carrying an OTF clipped to my front pants pocket and will never go back. You can be holding something you need to cut and just slide the knife out of your pocket, open it, use it, close it , and put it back in your pocket with one hand. You don't have to release whatever you are holding.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast