Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Ted Nugent on deer hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolff View Post
    http://www.meetthenra.org/

Whose picture is there on the desk of the "Meet the NRA Leadership" website? He's a board member http://meetthenra.org/nra-member/Ted%20Nugent. On that same page, it says in 2008 he was paid 40k by them. By being in the NRA leadership, he becomes (to the antis) the voice/face of gun ownership, whether we like it or not. We can't choose that any more than all Christians are viewed by their opposition as accepting the beliefs of Pat Robertson or Falwell (even though many are not). We CAN decide if we'll pay for membership into a club that accepts his viewpoints and puts money directly into his pocket. I choose not to because I don't think it furthers our cause, and I know I'm not alone in thinking so.
    Yes but just because he is alittle more vocal about how he feels dose not mean he's wrong.. He just has the balls to say it
    guns kill people...like my bottle opener got me drunk!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vsgiovinazzo View Post
    Yes but just because he is alittle more vocal about how he feels dose not mean he's wrong.. He just has the balls to say it
    I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm saying he doesn't speak for me, and I'm not paying anyone that's putting money in his pockets, and that the NRA could have many more members if they distanced themselves from him, or if he shut the hell up. Having more members would help the NRA and arguably the causes of responsible gun owners.

(Bucks County)

And I would like to add this man hand planted over 1000 trees, works around the clock with multiple preservation charity's, and gives alot of his time working and spending time with our injured troops and fights hard for gun rights...you gotta love freedom of speech! This man can speak for me any day of the week

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vsgiovinazzo View Post
    And I would like to add this man hand planted over 1000 trees, works around the clock with multiple preservation charity's, and gives alot of his time working and spending time with our injured troops and fights hard for gun rights...you gotta love freedom of speech! This man can speak for me any day of the week
    He wants to shoot the president in the face, but it's ok because he plants trees?

(Bucks County)

He wants to shoot the president in the face, but it's ok because he plants trees?
    I'm sure he really dosent was to shoot anyone...I'm sure he's just trying to show how much he dosent like him. Lol don't take eventhing for face value

(Lehigh County)

I don't think Ted Nugent should align with the NRA, not because he's too radical, but because the NRA is too moderate (they compromise too much). That's why I'm not a member.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Butler County)

Back inthe 80's People magazine had a story on him. He was divorced and had a house for his kids! Yep the kids werent forced to live out of a suitcase every week- the parents were. Did every one forget his stand on full auto?

(Allegheny County)

I think it is humorous that a draft dodging pussy somehow passes himself off as a great American.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Destructo View Post
    I think it is humorous that a draft dodging pussy somehow passes himself off as a great American.
    This might be true (I didn't research it) but just remember that "pussy" has done alot for our troops.. What have you done for our troops? This is not a attack on you but he has done more for our troops the you or I but that doesn't make us less American

(Lancaster County)

There's nothing wrong with having a voice. I'm not saying anyone shouldn't be free to say whatever they want. I'm saying that I don't want him speaking for me, so I won't align myself with any group that embraced this hate spewing, and I know a LOT of younger gun enthusiasts feel the same way.

For the record, I don't think "Can't grill it till you kill it" is awful. I think saying the sitting POTUS should suck on your machine gun is awful. I don't think using tact and being polite is the same as cowering and being embarrassed. The strongest arguments that can be made (for anything) are logical, unemotional statements that are based on fact. When the conversation denigrates to name calling, both sides have stopped listening. There is a compelling case for gun ownership in America, but if this guy is the "spokesman" for it, then many will never hear it.
    Then someone else should speak up and speak louder. They haven't.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast