Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: What's with the NRA?

I've been in many court hearings. There is constant wheeling and dealing going on. If you think that anyone would go in and say "this is the way it is, and I won't budge any on my thoughts". Well, you wouldn't last very long.

Sometimes you have to do some things that don't look right, to make other things go your way. And the NRA being the largest and most efffective "Firearms Right" organization. I'm sure that lots go on that we are never really aware of, or that at times, we wonder just what the hell they are doing.

Hell, I didn't agree with things my Lawyer did when I went to court. But it worked out for the best in the end. So, was he wrong for doing it since it benefited me in the end.

Politics and Law are very tricky and strange subjects most of us will never really ever understand. (Not to mention underhanded and treacherous.)
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Default It has come to my attention that the NRA is now discussing ENDORSING stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Yep, politics are politics! It would not hurt to support the conservative either. No more to the NRA from me with the Reid endorsement ...... I'm done.
    I had to look it up myself because it's hard to believe. Now I know NRA has been infiltrated by some asshats.

But the group is reportedly "leaning towards" endorsing Senate majority leader Harry Reid
    Harry Reid is so anti-American.

http://theweek.com/article/index/204...ing-harry-reid

------------------------------------------------------
    Just some of Harry Reid's voting record on guns.

June 28, 1991. Vote No. 115. Voted for a 5 day waiting period for handgun purchases.

October 21, 1993. Vote 325. Voted to eliminate the Army Civilian Marksmanship Program. Only the most fringe anti-gun Senators voted for the amendment.

November 19, 1993. Vote 385. Allow states to impose waiting periods over and above the 5 days waiting period required under the Brady Bill.

November 19, 1993. Vote 386. Voted to eliminate he 5-year sunset in the Brady Bill.

November 19, 1993. Vote 387. Voted to close off debate on the Brady Bill.

November 19, 1993. Vote 390. Voted to close off debate on the Brady Bill.

November 20, 1993. Vote 394. Voted for the Brady Bill, which imposed a 5-business-day waiting period before purchasing a handgun.

August 25, 1994. Vote 294. Voted to close off debate on the Clinton Crime Bill, which contained the ban on so-called “assault weapons.”

August 25, 1994. Vote 295. Voted for the Clinton Crime Bill, which contained the ban on so-called “assault weapons.”

April 17, 1996. Vote 64. Voted to expand the statute of limitations for paperwork violations in National Firearms Act from 3 years to 5 years.

June 27, 1996. Vote 178. Voting to destroy 176,000 M-1 Garand rifles from World War II, and 150 million rounds of 30 caliber ammunition, rather than giving them to the Federal Civilian Marksmanship program.

September 12, 1996. Vote 287. Voted to spend $21.5 million for a study on putting “taggants” in black and smokeless gunpowder.

September 12, 1996. Vote 290. Voted to make it a Federal crime to possess a gun within 1,000 yards of a school.

May 12, 1999. Vote 111. Voted to give the Treasury Department expansive new authority to regulate and keep records on gun shows and their participants, and criminalize many intrastate firearms transactions.

May 13, 1999. Vote 116. Voted to ban the importation of ammunition clips that can hold more than 10 rounds.

May 14, 1999. Vote 119. Voted to criminalize internet advertisements to sell legal firearms in a legal manner.

May 18, 1999. Vote 122. Voted to for Mandatory triggerlocks.

May 20, 1999. Vote 133. Voted to create new Federal regulation of pawn shops handling of guns.

May 20, 1999. Vote 134. Voted to give the Treasury Department expansive new authority to regulate and keep records on gun shows and their participants, and criminalize many intrastate firearms transactions. The vote was 50-50, with Vice President Gore casting the tie-breaki....

May 20, 1999. Vote 140. Voted for the Clinton Juvenile Justice bill, which contained a package of gun control measures.

July 29, 1999. Vote 224. Voted to close debate on the Clinton Juvenile Justice bill, which contained a package of gun control measures.

February 2, 2000. Vote 4. Voted to make firearms manufacturers and distributors’ debts nondischargeable in bankruptcy if they were sued because they unknowingly sold guns to individuals who used the gun in a crime. 68 Senators voted against Reid’s position, including 17 Democrats including Bryan of Nevada.

March 2, 2000. Vote 27. Voted to say that school violence was due to the fact that Congress “failed to pass r... and call for new gun ownership restrictions on the anniversary of the Columbine shootings.

March 2, 2000. Vote 28. Voted to say that school violence was due to the fact that Congress “failed to pass reasonable, common-sense gun control measures” and call for new gun ownership restrictions on the anniversary of the Columbine shootings (reconsideration of vote 27).

March 2, 2000. Vote 32. Voted to use Federal taxpayer funds to hand out anti-gun literature in schools and to run anti-gun public service announcements.

April 6, 2000. Vote 64. Voted for a gun control package including new onerous restrictions on gun shows.

April 7, 2000. Vote 74. Voted against an amendment to provide for the enforcement of existing gun laws in lieu of new burdensome gun control mandates.

May 16, 2000. Vote 100. Voted to commend the participants of the so-called “Million Mom March” for their demand for more Federal restrictions on firearms ownership, and to urge the passage of strict gun control measures.

May 17, 2000. Vote 102. Vote to overturn the ruling of the chair that the Daschle amendment (commending the participants of the so-called “Million Mom March” for their demand for more Federal restrictions on firearms ownership, and to urge the passage of strict gun control measures) was out of order.

May 17, 2000. Vote 103. Voted against an amendment stating “the right of each law-abiding United States citizen to own a firear....”

May 17, 2000. Vote 104. Voted for an amendment commending the participants of the so-called “Million Mom March” for their demand for more Federal restrictions on firearms ownership, and to urge the passage of strict gun control measures.

February 26, 2004. Vote 17. Voted for mandatory triggerlocks.

March 2, 2004. Vote 25. Voted for Federal regulation of gun shows.

July 28, 2005. Vote 207. Voted for mandatory triggerlocks.

March 5, 2009. Vote 83. Voted against a ban on the United Nations imposing taxes on American citizens after France and other world leaders proposed a global tax on firearms.

Even if you're not a member, Tell NRA how you feel about it.

http://home.nra.org/#/home

https://www.nrahq.org/contact.asp

Will NRA Endorse the Anti-gun Harry Reid?
    -- Please urge them to holster their guns in this race

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
    http://gunowners.org

Friday, July 9, 2010

A Wall Street Journal blog has reported that the NRA leadership is seriously considering an endorsement in the Nevada Senate race. But the endorsement might not be what you expect:

The chief lobbyist for the National Rifle Association made an interesting admission to The Weekly Standard following a Wednesday report by RedState.com that the powerful gun lobby might back Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in his general election battle against Republican Sharron Angle.
    It's not that they might endorse Reid -- because they might, said chief lobbyist Chris Cox -- but that the issue doesn't appear to be as much about the records of Reid and Angle, but rather the specter of a Senate run by either Democratic Sens. Dick Durbin of Illinois or New York Sen. Chuck Schumer.
    This should seriously concern gun owners, as Harry Reid is an F rated candidate by GOA -- a politician who has trampled all over the Constitution. In addition to pushing the massive, anti-gun ObamaCare bill through the Senate, Reid has helped to secure the confirmations of President Obama's left-wing radical nominees to the highest positions of power.

Sen. Reid voted for, and as Senate Leader set the schedule for, the likes of Attorney General Eric Holder. Holder was the point man for gun control initiatives such as the Brady bill and the semi-auto ban under President Clinton.

Holder also coauthored an amicus brief to the Supreme Court arguing in favor of the gun ban in the District of Columbia. Almost immediately after his confirmation, Holder called for the reinstatement of the Clinton gun ban.

Sen. Reid also pushed through Cass Sunstein as the new regulatory czar. Sunstein stated that he believes hunting should be banned.

The top legal advisor at the State Department, Harold Koh, also received Reid's support. Koh advocates bringing the U.S. into conformity with a global gun control agenda.

And the newest Supreme Court Justice, Sonia Sotomayor, could not have advanced if Sen. Reid had objected. Indeed, Sen. Reid voted for this anti-gun radical, who recently ruled that the Second Amendment does not protect a "fundamental" right.

As Majority Leader, Reid could have objected to any and all of these nominees and insisted that the president put forth men and women who respect the Second Amendment.

To see more of Senator Harry Reid's anti-gun record, please see: http://www.goapvf.org/index.php/shar...for-senate.htm

Bottom line: Harry Reid is not a friend of gun owners. The NRA leadership is concerned that Chuck Schumer (NY) or Dick Durbin (IL) might be elected as the new Senate Majority Leader if Reid loses. But most gun owners know this reason doesn't hold water because Harry Reid and the Democrats will not have dominating control after the November elections. And regardless, rewarding bad behavior just spoils the child!

It's obvious that the NRA has NOT told their membership about the radical anti-gun record of Harry Reid. But you can see it above. It's time to realize Reid is in a powerful position to do major harm against gun owners and must be stopped.

It's also obvious that the top leadership of the NRA -- Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre (who seems to be a close friend of Reid) and Chief lobbyist Chris Cox -- are in bed with the Nevada Senator. If this type of coziness continues, it would not be surprising to see NRA members demand that their leadership be removed from their positions of power, before they do irreparable harm to the Association and its laudable mission.

Please note very carefully: Gun Owners of America harbors no desire to "bash" the NRA; we simply do not want to see a gun-grabber endorsed as the United States Senate Majority Leader!

Reid is clearly calling in his "chips" to get a pass from the NRA in this critical election, so call the NRA and voice your alarm at this travesty and pass this on to your friends to help stop the Reid endorsement.

ACTION: Please ask the NRA leadership NOT to endorse Harry Reid in the Nevada Senate race -- especially since his opponent, Sharron Angle, is an extremely pro-gun advocate. ENCOURAGE YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO HELP IN URGING THE NRA MANAGEMENT TO STAY CLEAR OF ENDORSING REID AS WELL.

You can call the NRA at (800) 392-VOTE (8683).

Thank you for your commitment to the Second Amendment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply directly to this message, as your reply will bounce back as undeliverable.

To subscribe to free, low-volume GOA alerts, go to: http://www.gunowners.org/ean.htm. Change of e-mail address may also be made at that location.

To unsubscribe send a message to gunowners_list@capwiz.mailmanager.net with the word unsubscribe in the subject line or click on the link at bottom.

Problems, questions or comments? Please visit http://gunowners.net/cgi-bin/ttx.cgi?cmd=newticket or call 703-321-8585 during normal east coast business hours.

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
    Version: 9.0.830 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2992 - Release
    FJB

(Lawrence County)

excellant post Mr. Rogers,

I think you have made some people choke on their kool-aid !

(Delaware County)

I note, with some puzzlement, that this topic is getting comparatively little discussion on the forum. I would have thought it would be a MAJOR issue! Anyone have any insight as to why this topic doesn't seem to attract many people? Am I missing something? Is it just because most people (myself included) naturally read the CC and OC sections and never get to the political threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartos View Post
    I note, with some puzzlement, that this topic is getting comparatively little discussion on the forum. I would have thought it would be a MAJOR issue! Anyone have any insight as to why this topic doesn't seem to attract many people? Am I missing something? Is it just because most people (myself included) naturally read the CC and OC sections and never get to the political threads?
    im so used to reading the BS from the nra i skip right over them.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    im so used to reading the BS from the nra i skip right over them.
    Well, if your sick of the BS, Come on out to the FOAC Meeting at Cabelas on July 31st from Noon until ?. You will learn what you can do to fight for your Gun Rights here in PA.

http://forum.pafoa.org/political-138...n-meeting.html

hope to see yinz there.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    Well, if your sick of the BS, Come on out to the FOAC Meeting at Cabelas on July 31st from Noon until ?. You will learn what you can do to fight for your Gun Rights here in PA.

http://forum.pafoa.org/political-138...n-meeting.html

hope to see yinz there.
    yep.

http://foac-pac.org

become a card-carrying member!

I sure hope FOAC uses the site to its potential when they update their site.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Delaware County)

Can't make it to Cabela's cause I'll be out of state on the 31st. But I just joined FOAC.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast