Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Who's got a Ruger LCP they can let me shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Ruger just seems overall better constructed.
    How so? Because it says Ruger on the Grip. Or is it the 8lb trigger pull compared to the KT's 5lb pound pull.
    From looking at pictures and reviews... finish and construction seems better.

But if someone in the area wants to let me shoot the Kel-Tec I'll take 'em up on that too!

Default Re: Who's got a Ruger LCP they can let me shoot?

A KT P3at will shoot +p ammo but KT is honest about it, and doesn't recommend shooting it all the time. These little guns have enough recoil to them already. Shooting +p ammo with todays bullet designs is really not called for in any small pocket pistol. There up close and personal guns there not plinkers. My advice though if you feel better with a +p load for personal carry,go for it just don't make a habbit of it on the range. KT does stand behind there guns. There great people to deal with from what I'm hearing. I can't say that personally because I've never had a problem with my P3at. That 8lb trigger pull on a DAO Ruger for me is a bit to much. There's alllot of these pocket pistols out there as of late that are just clones of the KT's. I'm not saying that knowone should buy one of the others but just make sure you do your own home work and don't listen to everything you hear on the net. I've seen it before where some people will say these little pocket pistols jam allot. With that I'll say they don't like reloads as a rule and some brands of ammo work better than others. From what I have seen and experienced though is some people have a habbit of limp wristing them and that's what causes them to jam. I've done it myself. I shoot WWB ammo from Wal Mart at the range but for my personal carry I use Hornaday Critical Defense HP's.
    The KTp3at loves shooting them things above everthing else I've very put down the barrel, but the price of them is outrageous. My advice would be listen to what others have to say take a .380 snap cap with you and pull the trigger on them yourself. If you can shoot them better yet. It's all a personal thing when buying a gun. It's no diffent with a pocket pistol. Only you know what you like and what your wallet can take. Good luck with what ever you buy. Popeye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12