Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 160 of 222 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I've been at it since 2009.
    This is your territory, not mine.

If you come here you are supposed to get your hot dogs at Yocco's. Or Jimmy's.
    I usually do. Kat showed me the light that is Yocco's. Holy crap, that's an awesome place.
    Junior

(Lehigh County)

If you come here you are supposed to get your hot dogs at Yocco's. Or Jimmy's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    This is your territory, not mine.

I usually do. Kat showed me the light that is Yocco's. Holy crap, that's an awesome place.
    Actually I like Willy Joes on Lehigh up from the Home Depot. They have a good draft birch beer (or normal beer too) which I find goes well with the dogs!
    Yocco's in second, third is up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    You don't need a gym! I work out with trash bags and water/tape and old books and it is some of the best weight lifting you can do.
    Didn't know you were in jail.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Delaware County)

There was a big barn sale down in Chadd's Ford this past weekend that PiP wanted to go to, so we headed down that way on Sunday. While the sale itself wasn't really anything to write home about (unless you're really into antiques or have some really cool ideas for old shutters), there was a guy trying to sell an Intratec 9mm pistol with the factory mags. While I was checking it out, the owner started prattling on about how it's granfathered since it was made before the Brady Bill and has "high capacity clips," this and that and the other thing. Ultimately I wasn't looking to spend $400 on what looked like a 9mm turkey baster, but it was fun listening to him go on and on.

At the actual barn sale, one guy came up and asked about PA and it's open carry status. He said he's had his carry permit (his words :-p ) for years and had no idea that open carry was legal, and knows many other guys who also didn't know. Other than him (nice guy, btw), I got a few looks and saw a few conversations started as a result of my OC, but no issues or problems.
    Junior

(Northampton County)

At the actual barn sale, one guy came up and asked about PA and it's open carry status. He said he's had his carry permit (his words :-p ) for years and had no idea that open carry was legal, and knows many other guys who also didn't know. Other than him (nice guy, btw), I got a few looks and saw a few conversations started as a result of my OC, but no issues or problems.
    No issues or problems. That's an "interesting" way of putting it
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Delaware County)

Grabbing dinner from the supermarket salad bar last night when a 'Nam-era Marine asked about my 1911. I don't remember the exact questions he asked (I hadn't had lunch, so memory is a bit foggy) but the main points I schooled him on (politely - I respect my elders ):
    • Just because you get in your car does not mean you need to then conceal, which is different from "in car"="concealed". His impression was that you had to conceal it (under your shirt/jacket, glove box, etc.) once you got in the car.
    • Specifically discussed "in car" <> "concealed".
    • Nowhere on the LTCF does it say "concealed". He pulled out his own to check.
    • Generally covered the 4 situations where unlicensed carry is no-go - concealed, vehicle, Philly, state of emergency.
    • Directed him and his wife to PAFOA.

I've carried in this store at least once a week for over 3 years. Can't remember the last time I even got a sideways look from an employee.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Grabbing dinner from the supermarket salad bar last night when a 'Nam-era Marine asked about my 1911. I don't remember the exact questions he asked (I hadn't had lunch, so memory is a bit foggy) but the main points I schooled him on (politely - I respect my elders ):
    • Just because you get in your car does not mean you need to then conceal, which is different from "in car"="concealed". His impression was that you had to conceal it (under your shirt/jacket, glove box, etc.) once you got in the car.
    • Specifically discussed "in car" <> "concealed".
    • Nowhere on the LTCF does it say "concealed". He pulled out his own to check.
    • Generally covered the 4 situations where unlicensed carry is no-go - concealed, vehicle, Philly, state of emergency.
    • Directed him and his wife to PAFOA.

I've carried in this store at least once a week for over 3 years. Can't remember the last time I even got a sideways look from an employee.

Seems like he thinks we live in Texas.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

A barn sale in Chadds Ford. Must be the F450.

My own open carry these days is a High Standard Riot 20 K1200, no one bats an eye...a or at least wait till they clear away from my hearing.
    The coyotes have become very active now the weather has warmed up so the 12 gauge seems the better choice. But in town, if it's open it's just a good old 9 and no one seems to notice or care.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Delaware County)

The fam and I hit up the Allentown Farmer's Market this past weekend. While I have been told to leave the AG Hall before because of my firearm during a car show we went to (technically I was asked to put it in my car), I have never been asked to leave any farmer's market, so I OCed.

Over the course of the day, on four separate instances, I received awesome compliments on my new T-shirt - black, well fitted, and with the cover from the movie Labyrinth emblazoned across the front in Bowie purple. Great shirt! I love Bowie! That sort of thing.

Not a single person gave a single shit about the pistol.
    Junior

(Delaware County)

Most people go about their lives unaware. It's a wonder they even noticed you has a shirt on let alone a gun.

Page 160 of 222 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast