Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Default Re: Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle (100% American Made)

Nfafan, guess you were right. After a week passed without an email, and my rifle being completed, I called century again. The conversation went like this. Me: When are you going to ship my completed rifle ? Century: It shipped on the 30th. Me: Why didn't you send me an email with tracking, as you stated you would? Century: Do you have an email on file? Me: Yes ! You sent me my rna by email, and I confirmed my email the last two times I called as well! Century: hmmm, I don't know why. Me: When is it coming? Century: Tomorrow.
    I guess I should be happy to be getting it back at this point. But now I am having my wife change her plans to be home for the delivery.
    Me: What was wrong with the rifle? Century: I don't know, you will have to email the tech desk, heres the email address.
    All things considered, so far, I will not be doing anymore business with Century again. I am just hoping that the repairs were done correctly and it doesn't cost me another $40.00 to send it back again.

I received the rifle yesterday. There is no indication of the repairs they performed. I sent a aol to the tech desk requesting more information before I fire this rifle. What I find curious is the tag attached to the trigger guard that state's "This is a used or surplus firearm, it is not new, therefore it must be inspected by a qualified gunsmith before firing" WTH Are they not qualified to make the repair to their own rifle? Should I have the rifle checked by another gunsmith? Seems they are trying to skirt a liability issue.

(Allegheny County)

The "used gun surplus tag" makes no sense, but then the majority of the gun is technically used AK parts on a US recvr, so....

Yeah, the repair tags are as worthless as an India-based help desk; zero explanations as to what they ever do to fix a problem, just a bunch of chittering like dolphins at Seaworld.

I'd take it to the range given that we should rightfully assume that Century's contractors at least test-fired the guns before shipping.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Thought I would post an update on my on going fiasco. I received my rifle back from century arms. Do not believe them when they tell you that they will send an email notifying you that your rifle has shipped,they won't.
    I took the rifle to the local range to test fire. It cycled rounds as it should, nothing out of the norm. But upon inspection of the casings I found that they are still swelling at the back. Not as bad as before, but still excessive. I took the rifle and casings to a local smith who said that the chamber is overbored, and that it isn't in spec.
    I get century back on the phone,they give me an email address to the repair shop. After exchanging several emails they can not find what work was even performed on the rifle. I find this dubious. Seems to be a way of limiting repair numbers on the books or liabilities I can tell you that in the month and a half the RAN number went up by over 500.
    They have now offered me an exchange for another new rifle without constraints or limitations of the original warranty.
    I will post again in a month or so when I receive a replacement.

It is now a month and a half later and I still have not received my exchange rifle. This is how it has gone
    I gave it three weeks before calling Century. I knew that the rifle had been received by them because of tracking. When I did call, I was told that they showed the rifle completed and ready to ship. I again asked to make sure that they send an email with tracking info, so that I could have someone home to get it off my porch!! No email
    I call a week later.....and am told the exact same thing. But they did add that they" don't ship everyday and that it would get shipped soon" Well guess what?
    I call a week later.....and am told the exact same thing! I tell the lady that this story is getting old after hearing it three weeks in a row. I am put on hold for what seemed like forever. Then she comes back on the line and tells me it has something to do with a product code problem. She says she has been lied to as well. Then she promises to call me later in the day to give me more info. Well guess what? No return call!
    The next day I receive an e mail from her asking me to call her for my shipping info. I email back to send the info via email and she responds with an ok, but no shipping info!!!
    I am still waiting for a email, although it is now nearing 18:00 hrs in Vermont.

(Allegheny County)

As I recall, they do drag their feet. I had zero ongoing communications, the repaired or replacement guns just showed up. They did do a fast turnaround on my C93 - mainly as it was simply replaced outright as opposed to repaired.

That C93 was/is the last Century-subbed gun I buy "new", I'd rather know any future Century-subbed gun I would buy was a proven runner.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Today I called Century and begged, pleaded, and then demanded to speak with a manager. My rifle return/ exchange process has now exceeded 4 months. They put up a pretty good wall in front of the supervisors, but after several minutes and being put on hold a couple of times, I got through. I proceeded to tell Steve my long story in detail.
    I stated that I felt it was grossly irresponsible to ship a rifle without tracking info being given to the recipient. Imagine a rifle sitting on your front porch just waiting for some to steal it. I really never got a response from him regarding any email notifications
    The delays that I experienced were blamed on a new computer system. Which may be possible, considering the + 500 returns between my first and second return.
    I also commented on the lack of a relevant information on the repair invoice. There is no notation of work perform, although I know some work was performed because 1) the weapon cycled 2) the cartridge swelling was somewhat reduced. At this point I got a little fired up because I was told " I don't know why your having a problem with this firearm. I fire these everyday without a problem". I tried to contain myself and stated that "as a Marine and weapons enthusiast, I can tell you that just because a weapon fires does NOT mean that it is correct or in good working order. Brings to mind a 45 auto that a friend brought to me to look at. If you chambered a round by releasing the slide, the gun would fire without touching the trigger or grip safety! Guess that weapon was ok too, (according to Steve's Law of Gun Physics) because it fired.
    Now the new rifle is on its way to me, it left yesterday. This afternoon I received an email with tracking. Imagine that! With a little luck I will be done with this nonsense and not need to demand a refund.
    All said, if ya want to visit the hurt factory then go ahead and buy Century. Your weapon will likely have little QC, your customer service will be poor at best, you will not have any ongoing or post communication, and you may even gain a few gray hairs or notice a little more balding.
    Last edited by jmseeker; May 8th, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910