Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default 😲Luzerne County man arrested after firing shot into a vehicle

37-year-old Edward Wasko of Wyoming was taken into custody on Thursday. Police say the shot was fired during an altercation last week. gun-double-pistol.gif

LUZERNE COUNTY, Pa. — Wyoming Area Regional Police were called to the 1200 block of Exeter Avenue in Exeter Borough just after 11pm on Wednesday, May 8, for a report that a man had fired a gun into a vehicle.

When officers arrived, they located a vehicle that had its rear driver-side window shattered. Glass was on the ground, along with a .40-millimeter shell casing.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...4-a8a7d19c9de3

(York County)

Default Re: 😲Luzerne County man arrested after firing shot into a vehicle

Decades ago when one of my cars was the site of a broken window and theft from the
    vehicle, in a conversation with the responding LEO he relayed about how typically folks can
    become irrational when they attempt to falsify a report/claim.

Often a person would smash out a window from inside the vehicle leaving 90% of the glass
    outside on the ground and very little glass inside the vehicle. He added that when a vehicle
    was broken into from the outside, 90% of the glass would be found inside and only a small
    amount would be on the ground.

Are the physics around the falling of the broken glass so different when a projectile is fired
    from a gun? Wouldn't most of the broken glass be found inside the vehicle?

Just curious. One of those bits of knowledge trivia we sometimes manage to hold on to.
    Anyone have experience with this?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Decades ago when one of my cars was the site of a broken window and theft from the
    vehicle, in a conversation with the responding LEO he relayed about how typically folks can
    become irrational when they attempt to falsify a report/claim.

Often a person would smash out a window from inside the vehicle leaving 90% of the glass
    outside on the ground and very little glass inside the vehicle. He added that when a vehicle
    was broken into from the outside, 90% of the glass would be found inside and only a small
    amount would be on the ground.

Are the physics around the falling of the broken glass so different when a projectile is fired
    from a gun? Wouldn't most of the broken glass be found inside the vehicle?

Just curious. One of those bits of knowledge trivia we sometimes manage to hold on to.
    Anyone have experience with this?
    It depends. Many of the car windows that I have seen shot usually only has a small hole where the bullet penetrated, but all of the shattered glass is still in the frame. It is when someone opens the door or disturbs the glass does it fall out or in.

Glass broken by another object is a different story.

Rock vs. bullet:

http://youtu.be/-JACjvhPj-Q?si=GmpirDS4IuQVCJ6J

(Bradford County)

I was going to pick up my wife in Towanda from work one night a few years ago and just as I was getting off 220 to head down onto 6/S main, something hit the passenger side window and completely obliterated it. Glass all over the floor, passenger seat, me, etc. I stopped within 1/8 mile or less at a parking lot to collect my wits and got out to see wtf was going on, then went back quick (probably bad idea) to see if there were kids around or whatever, and there was a little glass there on the shoulder, but there were no houses or anytbhing around where that happened. Had to get my wife so I drove another 2 miles or so to pick her up. While i was waiting in the parking lot for her, I called the state police to report it and they told me nothing they could do because I moved the vehicle and I might just be working some insurance scam (very polite, though). Guy said maybe someone was target shooting without a backstop and I said, "It's 11 pm and dark,' and his response was, 'Well, this IS Bradford County..."

To this day don't know if it was a firearm, a rock some kid threw, ??? Just don't know but man what a freaking mess to clean up.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    37-year-old Edward Wasko of Wyoming was taken into custody on Thursday. Police say the shot was fired during an altercation last week. gun-double-pistol.gif

LUZERNE COUNTY, Pa. * Wyoming Area Regional Police were called to the 1200 block of Exeter Avenue in Exeter Borough just after 11pm on Wednesday, May 8, for a report that a man had fired a gun into a vehicle.

When officers arrived, they located a vehicle that had its rear driver-side window shattered. Glass was on the ground, along with a .40-millimeter shell casing.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...4-a8a7d19c9de3
    That's one small shell casing.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.