Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Now Four Americans in Turks & Caicos Facing 12 Yrs in Jail for Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL!

If I had a video, I would have just posted a link.

.....a blind link?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lycoming County)

Never been to Turks and Caicos, but I've been to Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Caymens in the Caribbean. Jamaica is the only one that gave me 3rd world shit hole vibes honestly. As others have said, I have dedicated range bags and other bags I use for luggage. I'd worry more about what's rolling around in my car going through NJ orNY than going to another country.

Hopefully, I'll get to travel more in the coming years. Hiking the West Highland way and Everest base camp are both bucket list items as is New Zealand and Australia for destinations.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I haven't been in as many states as free, but at last count I was in 43 of them. I've also been out of the country. Has nothing to do with my lack of interest in going to third world shitholes.
    Ok good for you then. What I notice is people who never experienced other things, whether it be food, culture, language, countries, cities, vehicles, etc. tend to simply badmouth things that they can*t or haven*t experienced.

For the record, places I won*t go back to are Venezuela and Rio. Even though the Eagles are opening there and big trips are planned.

When I retire, a bucket list item that probably won*t happen is to drive around the entire US in an RV.

So, sound off on how many states you've been to. At only 32, I have a ways to go...

(Allegheny County)

Sound off if you've ever found something somewhere you wouldn't expect it.

Or have ever lost/misplaced anything.

Perfect people need not apply.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

I'm not from Allegheny county! I was born all the way over in Cambria county! LOL

I was in Canada (Niagara Falls) when I was a toddler.
    I was in Mexico twice as a child (pre-16) - just across the border to the marketplace in Nuevo Laredo.
    My aunt drove us there from San Antonio - she refused to allow me to buy a switchblade and brass knuckles at the market because "border patrol will throw you in jail if they search us on the way home!" LOL!
    When I was seven we went on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks towing a tiny camping trailer out west (from PA) and I dunno how many states we went through, but we got as far as Nevada. (Yellowstone/Grand Canyon/Badlands/etc)

As an adult, I've driven to Ohio a few times. LOL (all the way to Dayton when I was 19)
    The furthest east I've ever driven in PA is to the group shoot in central PA.
    The furthest south I've ever driven is Morgantown WV.
    The furthest north I've ever driven was Erie PA.
    Oh yeah - a few trips to Washington DC and Ocean City Maryland.

Three Caribbean cruises.
    The first (honeymoon) was a "Southern" cruise - furthest south was Barbados.
    If I'm not mistaken, I liked that one the best because you felt "far away" because you didn't see things like Dunkin Donuts and Kmart.

Honestly, if money were not an issue, I would enjoy going again.
    I never had any burning desire to go elsewhere - especially "overseas".
    The only thing that would remotely interest me (and is pretty much never going to happen) would be to trace the path that my father in law took as he "traveled" Europe as a US army combat engineer during WWII. It would be cool to see the cities and bridges he took photos of in person, going from Utah beach to the Remagen bridge, and onward into Germany.

We would likely go places if not for financial and physical limitations - travel in a car for more than an hour really isn't possible these days.
    A WWII history trip is on my bucket list also. Ever since I saw Band of Brothers. My father was there also, but a few weeks after the initial invasion.

There are some agencies that do a Band of Brothers trip. They have gotten kind of pricey over the years. But that is probably the only way I would go to Europe now myself.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    A WWII history trip is on my bucket list also.
    Justin is well traveled over there. Connect with him if you're interested and he'll advise you on what to do.

(Allegheny County)

Sound off if you've ever found something somewhere you wouldn't expect it.

Or have ever lost/misplaced anything.

Perfect people need not apply.
    Nope. But I'm smart enough to keep certain things separate from other things.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Never been to Turks and Caicos, but I've been to Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Caymens in the Caribbean. Jamaica is the only one that gave me 3rd world shit hole vibes honestly. As others have said, I have dedicated range bags and other bags I use for luggage. I'd worry more about what's rolling around in my car going through NJ orNY than going to another country.

Hopefully, I'll get to travel more in the coming years. Hiking the West Highland way and Everest base camp are both bucket list items as is New Zealand and Australia for destinations.
    Even I won't go to Jamaica (:

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by carson
    When I retire, a bucket list item that probably won*t happen is to drive around the entire US in an RV.
    By motorcycle is the better way to do it.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast