Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: GOA Alert: House set to ban binary triggers and set up electronic gun registry

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    With mail in voting there is no chance of free and fair elections.
    Add motor voter registration which by default registers you to vote when getting a DL unless you uncheck the box and you've got strike 2.

Add judges who rule that almost any ballot can count even if they're filled out incorrectly, mailed late, or illegally collected and deposited, strike 3, fair and honest elections are out.
    NRA Life Member

Default Re: GOA Alert: House set to ban binary triggers and set up electronic gun registry

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    Slightly off the subject, but is there any reasonable chance the Senate will lose its Republican majority in November?
    I was explaining how Pa's state government is set up today to my government class. 25 of the 50 State Senate seats are up for election this November. All 203 House seats are up.

To answer your question, anything can happen but I don't think this is the year Pa will lose the Senate. If anything, I think it is more likely we'll regain the house.
    Last edited by internet troll; May 4th, 2024 at 10:21 AM.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I was explaining how Pa's state government is set up today to my government class. 25 of the 50 seats are up for election this November. All 203 House seats are up.

To answer your question, anything can happen but I don't think this is the year Pa will lose the Senate. If anything, I think it is more likely we'll regain the house.
    Thanks for this info. Was actually quite helpful.

(Bucks County)

I was explaining how Pa's state government is set up today to my government class. 25 of the 50 State Senate seats are up for election this November. All 203 House seats are up.

I really hope so because these leftists don't care about rule of law, the Constitution and their oath.....it's exceedingly frustrating seeing them act like invincible 2rd world politicians.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Sent for what little good it will do for Paul Friel.

I sent this letter out:

Gun Control Legislation Today HB335 and HB2206 in the PA House
    We The People of Pennsylvania outright reject the unconstitutionality of these 2 bills.
    HB2206 Creates an Illegal and Unconstitutional registry of Firearms in PA. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and many others would be very proud if voted for. Before confiscation, comes a "registry" or a "database" - but because the word "Database" is illegal in PA with regards to firearms, the language of "Registry" is used to get around this as a "Registry" is by definition an incomplete database.
    It is not your business what I own in my private life, it is not your business unless I make the choice to make it your business.
    We know unequivocally that registries or databases do not prevent crime. A criminal isn't going to obtain his or her weapon legally, risk being flagged and then picked up - no of course not. Criminals are going to do what criminals always do, they are going to obtain what they need too illegally and do whatever deed they had planned on doing.
    The only thing this does, is create a database of legal gun owners for the expressed purpose of control, control that you do not inherently have, or is granted to you by the Federal Constitution or Bill of rights - and control that is not granted to you by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Constitution or Bill of Rights.
    Our Bill of Rights goes as far as to state that our rights with regards to arms aren't even to be questioned, let alone infringed. That language is far more strict than simply "infringed" for to "Infringe" on our rights, you must first question it.
    Article I, section 21 of the Pennsylvania State Constitution states: “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”
    -------------------
    HB335 – BANS bump stocks and forced reset triggers (FRT’s) and labels them the same as machine guns
    Altering Language, for the expressed purpose of infringing on the right(s) we as Pennsylvanian's have - is doing nothing more than showing you, our representatives as tyrannical and willing to do anything to force through an agenda that violates both both Commonwealth and Federal law.
    You, do not have the authority to unilaterally change the definition of a word, "Machine Gun" - label items that are NOT machine guns, as machine guns.
    You are not granted the authority to even question the arms of Pennsylvania Citizens as per Article 1, Section 21. It's very common to change our triggers for our firearms for various sporting reasons - and even if it isn't for a sporting reason, if its for no reason other than "I want one" - there is no predicate constitutionally speaking for owning any part of a firearm.
    Your duty is to the constitution, both Federally and at the Commonwealth level. Your duty is NOT to an inherently unconstitutional division created by the biden regime called, "Office of Gun Violence Prevention" which is nothing more than legal bribery to put unconstitutional legislation on the books of individual states, by offering said states money to enact said unconstitutional legislation.
    As your duty to uphold and defend our Commonwealth Constitution and our Federal Constitution, your only constitutional vote can be NO.
    Last edited by Neo31rex31; May 6th, 2024 at 11:47 AM.
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Cumberland County)

Slightly off the subject, but is there any reasonable chance the Senate will lose its Republican majority in November?
    I think the Republicans will hang on to the Senate, but they will a couple of seats, unfortunately.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    I sent this letter out:

Gun Control Legislation Today HB335 and HB2206 in the PA House
    We The People of Pennsylvania outright reject the unconstitutionality of these 2 bills.
    HB2206 Creates an Illegal and Unconstitutional registry of Firearms in PA. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and many others would be very proud if voted for. Before confiscation, comes a "registry" or a "database" - but because the word "Database" is illegal in PA with regards to firearms, the language of "Registry" is used to get around this as a "Registry" is by definition an incomplete database.
    It is not your business what I own in my private life, it is not your business unless I make the choice to make it your business.
    We know unequivocally that registries or databases do not prevent crime. A criminal isn't going to obtain his or her weapon legally, risk being flagged and then picked up - no of course not. Criminals are going to do what criminals always do, they are going to obtain what they need too illegally and do whatever deed they had planned on doing.
    The only thing this does, is create a database of legal gun owners for the expressed purpose of control, control that you do not inherently have, or is granted to you by the Federal Constitution or Bill of rights - and control that is not granted to you by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Constitution or Bill of Rights.
    Our Bill of Rights goes as far as to state that our rights with regards to arms aren't even to be questioned, let alone infringed. That language is far more strict than simply "infringed" for to "Infringe" on our rights, you must first question it.
    Article I, section 21 of the Pennsylvania State Constitution states: “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”
    -------------------
    HB335 – BANS bump stocks and forced reset triggers (FRT’s) and labels them the same as machine guns
    Altering Language, for the expressed purpose of infringing on the right(s) we as Pennsylvanian's have - is doing nothing more than showing you, our representatives as tyrannical and willing to do anything to force through an agenda that violates both both Commonwealth and Federal law.
    You, do not have the authority to unilaterally change the definition of a word, "Machine Gun" - label items that are NOT machine guns, as machine guns.
    You are not granted the authority to even question the arms of Pennsylvania Citizens as per Article 1, Section 21. It's very common to change our triggers for our firearms for various sporting reasons - and even if it isn't for a sporting reason, if its for no reason other than "I want one" - there is no predicate constitutionally speaking for owning any part of a firearm.
    Your duty is to the constitution, both Federally and at the Commonwealth level. Your duty is NOT to an inherently unconstitutional division created by the biden regime called, "Office of Gun Violence Prevention" which is nothing more than legal bribery to put unconstitutional legislation on the books of individual states, by offering said states money to enact said unconstitutional legislation.
    As your duty to uphold and defend our Commonwealth Constitution and our Federal Constitution, your only constitutional vote can be NO.
    Thank you!

(Cumberland County)

The House will come down to 1-2 seats like last time. The Republicans will likely hold on to the Senate but may lose a seat or two.

Pro-gun Democrat Senator Jim Brewster is retiring, so even though a Dem will likely win that seat, we’ll lose another pro-gun vote.

(Pike County)

Any updates yet? ��
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast