Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Oaks Gun Show leads to numerous trafficking arrests

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    From the article:
    "People who would be unable to legally purchase a gun would include convicted felons, domestic violence misdemeanants, juveniles and mentally ill individuals, the D.A.'s office said."

They forgot honorably discharged Veterans who might be sad one day in the future.
    You must be fun at parties. A glass is half empty type of guy. They arrested and are prosecuting some folks who are causing issues with straw purchases and arming prohibited people and you still find a way to get a negative comment in, somehow comparing a depressed vet with real POS*s. Bravo man. A-shame some cops weren*t killed during the investigation and arrests, maybe that would make your day.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    You must be fun at parties. A glass is half empty type of guy. They arrested and are prosecuting some folks who are causing issues with straw purchases and arming prohibited people and you still find a way to get a negative comment in, somehow comparing a depressed vet with real POS*s. Bravo man. A-shame some cops weren*t killed during the investigation and arrests, maybe that would make your day.
    Thats exactly what the Osama administration was doing. It should be pointed out.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Chester County)

Never sell a gun to someone with face tattoos. They are defective.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Honorably discharged? That's not right.
    FJB

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Thats exactly what the Osama administration was doing. It should be pointed out.
    I assume you mean the disparaging treatment of vets. While I would agree that is an issue, just like red flag laws and lifelong 302 prohibitions. That is not what the gist of this thread is about. Everyone has issues with criminals acquiring and dealing in firearms and MontCo took some action against that. Hopefully they prosecute stronger than Krasner in Philadelphia. But Steve_010 just can*t help himself and throw some shade.

(Berks County)

I assume you mean the disparaging treatment of vets. While I would agree that is an issue, just like red flag laws and lifelong 302 prohibitions. That is not what the gist of this thread is about. Everyone has issues with criminals acquiring and dealing in firearms and MontCo took some action against that. Hopefully they prosecute stronger than Krasner in Philadelphia. But Steve_010 just can*t help himself and throw some shade.
    I took it a little differently. I thought he was being sarcastic and not too optimistic that they would do anything but they'll try to
    deny veterans their rights to own guns. Maybe I got it wrong.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

So how did they get on this crime? Were they actively reviewing all purchases and conducting investigations, was there a tip the group was going there to make straw purchases? I'm a bit more then concerned about how it all played out

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I took it a little differently. I thought he was being sarcastic and not too optimistic that they would do anything but they'll try to
    deny veterans their rights to own guns. Maybe I got it wrong.
    That's how I took the post, too.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Wayne County)

https://6abc.com/investigators-into-...ests/14774624/

Is this okay with yous guys?

Seven people have been arrested after a gun trafficking investigation that led authorities from a gun show in Montgomery County to a home in Philadelphia.

Some of the same suspects were also involved in drug trafficking, investigators said.

Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele's office identified the ringleader as 42-year-old Scott Grondin, who operated out of a home in the 2300 block of N. 9th Street in Philadelphia.

Two other suspects also lived in that home: 34-year-old Anthony Figueroa-Marko and 21-year-old Bella Kenna.

The other four suspects were identified as Philadelphia residents Emanuel Torres, 32; Asad Sayed, 27; Felicia McKinnell, 28; and Norristown, Pa. resident Christopher McNelly, 26.

Steele's office said the investigation began in December during the Oaks Gun Show at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, Pa.

hat's where members of the group purchased multiple firearms while exhibiting "suspicious behavior," the D.A. said.

The ensuing investigation revealed that members of the group illegally purchased and transferred 19 guns between January 2023 and February 2024, Steele's office said.

The guns were purchased not only in Philadelphia and Montgomery County but also in Delaware and Chester counties, according to the D.A.

The buys were made on Grondin's behalf, investigators said, who was not allowed to legally purchase or own a gun. The group then allegedly destroyed the serial numbers on the firearms.

Grondin and Kenna then allegedly sold the guns to others who were not legally able to purchase guns in what is known as a "straw purchase.

People who would be unable to legally purchase a gun would include convicted felons, domestic violence misdemeanants, juveniles and mentally ill individuals, the D.A.'s office said.

Investigators on the gun trafficking case soon learned there was a separate investigation drug trafficking ring involving Grodin, McKenna and others.

That group that was allegedly involved in the sale and distribution of numerous types of drugs including cocaine, methamphetamine, MDMA, prescription pills and marijuana.
    It's a damn good start! Kudos to those responsible for the arrests and prosecutions.

I do, however, have one question that occured to me after reading the article: How did they determine and document what constituted "exhibiting suspicious behavior"?

Was LEO monitoring the show via video cameras throughout the convention center and recording?

Perhaps I am the Pollyanna that I'm occasionally accused of being BUT, I wouldn't have expected that the show would have been under video monitoring.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    It's a damn good start! Kudos to those responsible for the arrests and prosecutions.

I do, however, have one question that occured to me after reading the article: How did they determine and document what constituted "exhibiting suspicious behavior"?

Was LEO monitoring the show via video cameras throughout the convention center and recording?

Perhaps I am the Pollyanna that I'm occasionally accused of being BUT, I wouldn't have expected that the show would have been under video monitoring.
    They have live personnel on the job. And I'd say that looking at some stuff and making a phone call and coming back and asking more questions or buying might be suspicious behavior. ScotsGuards could probably give some pretty good examples.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast