Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: I won't buy any M&P pistol or AR.

Weird hill to die on but ok.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(York County)

HK is probably the worst as far as not caring about the civilian market until very recently. Just because a company wants to sell to government's doesn't mean they don't want to sell to the civilian market. I see this as a pretty tunnel vision view of S&W.

This is one of the dumber things I've read today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    This is one of the dumber things I've read today.
    Go over to reddit to zero your dumb meter.
    iAnal

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Waffles View Post
    I've been saying this for 10 years, S&W isn't getting a red cent from me. It's because they are anti 2A. They had the nerve to name their contemporary line M&P, military and police, which let's us know who they want to have them, well guess what I love my H&K's, Sigs, Springfields, Glocks, FN's Caniks, and many others. Bye Walther as well, PdP, Police defense pistol, no dollars for you either. Thankfully, I don't care for any S&W models, except for their 80s 357 revolvers.

I actually was a cop for 4 years and I'm still a part time volunteer EMT, nothing against first responders and my mom's entire family was in every branch of the military, but they can take that anti 2A attitude and go bankrupt. I can't be the only gun guy that feels this way.

Put them in the poor house and boycott them. Back me up on this one.
    I'm not sure if "Congratulations" or "Stunning...and brave!" is the correct response here.

Quote Originally Posted by guncollector View Post
    HK is probably the worst as far as not caring about the civilian market until very recently. Just because a company wants to sell to government's doesn't mean they don't want to sell to the civilian market. I see this as a pretty tunnel vision view of S&W.
    Ronnie barrett moved his company out of ca due to their politics,
    and refuses to sell/service to their leo.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Waffles View Post
    I've been saying this for 10 years, S&W isn't getting a red cent from me. It's because they are anti 2A. They had the nerve to name their contemporary line M&P, military and police, which let's us know who they want to have them, well guess what I love my H&K's, Sigs, Springfields, Glocks, FN's Caniks, and many others. Bye Walther as well, PdP, Police defense pistol, no dollars for you either. Thankfully, I don't care for any S&W models, except for their 80s 357 revolvers.

I actually was a cop for 4 years and I'm still a part time volunteer EMT, nothing against first responders and my mom's entire family was in every branch of the military, but they can take that anti 2A attitude and go bankrupt. I can't be the only gun guy that feels this way.

Put them in the poor house and boycott them. Back me up on this one.

(Jefferson County)

If you wont buy S&W for that reason, then you probably shouldn't buy H&K, FN, Sig, Glock, Cz, or any other Europe based product because ALL semi-auto firearms made in Europe or from Europe based companies are intended for the police and military markets. Private sales of semi-autos in Europe are quite small, and what sales there are to private are for "sporting purposes" only. It just so happens that the US private market is open to sales.

As Noah pointed out, the M&P branding is far older than ANY of us alive today. It isn't anything new. If you are going to criticize S&W for anything, you might want to do so for the stuff in the 1990's under the Clinton era.

And Colt made the 1873 Single Action, a few other revolvers, the 1911 and a couple other semi-autos specifically for the military contracts. Heck, they had "Police Positive" on a series.

Seriously man... You need to think that through a bit more.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Operator View Post
    So, you won*t buy a S&W*s due to its advertising for POLICE, but you own GLOCKS, ( in your previous posts ) the most police used and advertised for police firearms since the late *80*s. No disrespect, but there is a word for that*hypocrite. I don*t believe this to be you from reading your posts, but you must admit I find the post a bit strange. Is it just that you hate the police?
    I hate to pile on here, but I wanted to get a Glock mention in which you did nicely. Boycotting a company because they use Military & Police in a name, which Noah_Zark explained has been around since 1899. Wow a new one even for Poofa.

(Allegheny County)

Taurus may be an option but not sure if any foreign police or military use them. Bear creek arsenal should be fine for your AR needs as I don*t believe anyone of importance uses those.
    Today was a good day!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast