Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: ATF is changing the term "business" for FFL's.

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    The ability to hold any gun owner at risk of legal jeopardy is the goal of every single one of these rulemaking efforts that introduce new ambiguity. Sure, they might not target you for selling one firearm. But now they can. And if they have some other reason to screw you, make no mistake, they will.

Keep in mind, there is no exception in the rule for someone who sells a firearm to an FFL or who sells a firearm to another person via an FFL. Even if that buyer goes through a background check at an FFL, if you made a profit, or would have liked to have made a profit and you don't have an FFL yourself, this seems to give them the legal latitude to try to prosecute you.

If your initials happened to be DJT, for sure you'd be catching that charge. Hunter Biden? Never gonna happen. Support Donald? Charges for you. Build back better sign in your yard? No problemo.

Selective enforcement is the standard operating procedure these days. If you don't realize that, wake up!
    That*s a ton of *what if** and no concrete proof. Again, i know how this will play out and it wont be how you think. You are correct in that you are not a lawyer, but that your perception of the ruling is not. If you wish to wear a tin foil hat then be my guest, but no second amendment violation exists here. I find it funny that most people who argue that they dont need to be licensed to be a dealer are the ones that oppose illegal immigration. Irony at its finest. I get that you want to be a dealer without having to get an FFL, do record keeping, be open for inspections, do background checks, report taxes, and be regulated*but that doesn*t mean its the right way to do things. After all, as another member stated just because you have been doing something for many years without getting caught, doesn*t make it right or moral.

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    That*s a ton of *what if** and no concrete proof. Again, i know how this will play out and it wont be how you think. You are correct in that you are not a lawyer, but that your perception of the ruling is not. If you wish to wear a tin foil hat then be my guest, but no second amendment violation exists here. I find it funny that most people who argue that they dont need to be licensed to be a dealer are the ones that oppose illegal immigration. Irony at its finest. I get that you want to be a dealer without having to get an FFL, do record keeping, be open for inspections, do background checks, report taxes, and be regulated*but that doesn*t mean its the right way to do things. After all, as another member stated just because you have been doing something for many years without getting caught, doesn*t make it right or moral.
    Let us not confuse Biden Administration ATF edicts that attempt to implement extremely stretched reinterpretations of the Gun Control Act with having anything to do with morality and right or wrong.

Just because one is a car enthusiast and one buys and sells cars as part of or for enhancing the hobby or collection does not make one a car dealer. A gun enthusiast doing the same for their hobby or collection, without more, does not make them a gun dealer as that term is commonly understood in America. Though, I am sure in addition to disregarding the Heller decision and the statutory definition of dealer in the Gun Control Act, the Biden Administration will ask the courts to disregard how language is commonly used when it comes to who is a gun dealer.

(Berks County)

I don't think that's the argument.

I think it's more about people selling an occasional gun for more than they paid for it, or liquidating a collection, the profit and/or quantity factors.

Serious questions for comparison: If someone has a collection of 30 cars and decides to sell them all privately, would they be in hot water for being an unlicensed dealer? Or if they bought one car and sold it for more than they paid, are they an unlicensed dealer?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinshooter762 View Post
    Let us not confuse Biden Administration ATF edicts that attempt to implement extremely stretched reinterpretations of the Gun Control Act with having anything to do with morality and right or wrong.

Just because one is a car enthusiast and one buys and sells cars as part of or for enhancing the hobby or collection does not make one a car dealer. A gun enthusiast doing the same for their hobby or collection, without more, does not make them a gun dealer as that term is commonly understood in America. Though, I am sure in addition to disregarding the Heller decision and the statutory definition of dealer in the Gun Control Act, the Biden Administration will ask the courts to disregard how language is commonly used when it comes to who is a gun dealer.
    Clearly you are hung up on something and interpreting the redefinition incorrectly. No one is after a collector. Please name one case where a collector selling one or two firearms per month was prosecuted. I can name several cases of people selling *the private collection* for years at multiple gun shows each year (15-20 shows each year). This new definition is aimed at them, not a collector. Since this is the 5th day of the month in which the new redefinition has taken effect, please cite any collectors being nabbed up.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

I think it's more about people selling an occasional gun for more than they paid for it, or liquidating a collection, the profit and/or quantity factors.

Serious questions for comparison: If someone has a collection of 30 cars and decides to sell them all privately, would they be in hot water for being an unlicensed dealer? Or if they bought one car and sold it for more than they paid, are they an unlicensed dealer?
    Serious answers. Yes, some states do dictate that if a person sells several cars per year*.they are a dealer and must pay taxes associated with that activity. I*m not a car flipper so i dont know the exact state laws for PA on this matter.

I think you are missing the fact that profit is no longer regarded as the sole definition of being a dealer. So if a collector does indeed sell part or the entirety of his collection he still would not be considered a dealer unless he restocks the same type of firearm and repeats the process. The verbiage actually cites this exact situation.

Like i said, i get that some people think they can be dealers without having to do it properly. The reality is that some of the guys this redefition is aimed at have sold thousands of firearms over the last few years. They skirted the law then and now it makes them more accountable. This isn*t going to be a witch hunt. The ATF already knows (and has for many years) who sets up at multiple shows every year and that they are not a licensed dealer. I*m sure the ATF will have a conversation with those individuals at some point and suggest they get a dealers license. I*m also sure that if there is need for a second conversation, it wont be as pleasant.

In closing, this new redefinition does not infringe on anyone*s 2A rights. It doesn*t keep or prevent anyone from buying, possessing, or selling a firearm. I understand that some people are here get very excited about a new law and stretch it out to the most inconceivable circumstance. However, the fear mongering is unjust at best. Until we hear about any entity getting nabbed for this, i think making up false circumstances is moot.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

Reread the actual wording in the law (I posted it in post#47). Does this answer your questions? To me it is a clear you can sell a personal collection and you can make a profit.

If you bought the large "personal collection" last week and are now selling them all.......not so much.

Clearly you are hung up on something and interpreting the redefinition incorrectly. No one is after a collector. Please name one case where a collector selling one or two firearms per month was prosecuted. I can name several cases of people selling *the private collection* for years at multiple gun shows each year (15-20 shows each year). This new definition is aimed at them, not a collector. Since this is the 5th day of the month in which the new redefinition has taken effect, please cite any collectors being nabbed up.
    The unlicensed dealing in firearms charge has a long history of abuse. The abuses of ATF of this charge (and other provisions of the Gun Control Act) became so severe that Congress had to pass further legislation to protect gun owners and (FFLs) in 1986 (Firearm Owners Protection Act). The Biden Administration is attempting to effectively repeal by regulation part the Firearm Owners Protection Act that was meant to protect gun owners from this charge.

To start with examples of the abuses of this charge, GOA documented a case of such abuse of this charge in the documentary Breaking The Law In The Name Of The Law: The BATF Story. The story of Don Breier, a gun hobbyist and collector, who was targeted by ATF begins at about 23:10. It can be found here linked to 23:10 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eePciUhVAwY&t=1389s.

The full video can be watched below:
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; May 5th, 2024 at 07:46 PM.

(York County)

The unlicensed dealing in firearms charge has a long history of abuse. The abuses of ATF of this charge (and other provisions of the Gun Control Act) became so severe that Congress had to pass further legislation to protect gun owners and (FFLs) in 1986 (Firearm Owners Protection Act). The Biden Administration is attempting to effectively repeal by regulation part the Firearm Owners Protection Act that was meant to protect gun owners from this charge.

To start with examples of the abuses of this charge, GOA documented a case of such abuse of this charge in the documentary Breaking The Law In The Name Of The Law: The BATF Story. The story of Don Breier, a gun hobbyist and collector, who was targeted by ATF begins at about 23:10. It can be found here linked to 23:10 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eePciUhVAwY&t=1389s.

The full video can be watched below:
    So one case in 40 years or more? You could say that about any, and i do mean any law enforcement agency. Even local police make more mistakes than that.

(Bucks County)

Many of these earlier abuses was because the previous laws did not specifically make it clear what a personal collector was and this was left vague and up to interpretation. The new ruling clearly clarifies the definition and how many times does it have to say that you can sell any of all of your personal firearms for a profit? I don't know how their new statements in the ruling couldn't be clearer.

What parts of the new ruling do think is more strict than the previous vague statements? And specifically what rights did anyone lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Many of these earlier abuses was because the previous laws did not specifically make it clear what a personal collector was and this was left vague and up to interpretation. The new ruling clearly clarifies the definition and how many times does it have to say that you can sell any of all of your personal firearms for a profit? I don't know how their new statements in the ruling couldn't be clearer.

What parts of the new ruling do think is more strict than the previous vague statements? And specifically what rights did anyone lose?
    The final rule is definitely not consistent with the Firearms Owners Protection. Why should there be a presumption that one is gun dealer if one more than occasionally trades a gun in for another gun at a dealer? Why can not one liquidate part or all the collection if one runs into tough times or for some other reason and then later rebuild the collection under this final rule? ATF also apparently doesn't recognize any other type of collector than those who collect curios and relics. ATF doesn't recognize firearms owned for self defense as being part of a hobby or collection. So if you sell what you believe is your 'collection' of defensive firearms, the ATF may presume under the final rule that you are dealing in firearms. We could go on about the problems.

You'll have to pardon but it appears that the final rule changes are not all showing in the Code of Federal Regulations yet which makes it more difficult to easily cite and analyze. See below. Parts are bolded for emphasis.

See: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...2024-07838.pdf
    § 478.11 Meaning of terms.
    Dealer. Any person engaged in the
    business of selling firearms at wholesale
    or retail; any person engaged in the
    business of repairing firearms or of
    making or fitting special barrels, stocks,
    or trigger mechanisms to firearms; or
    any person who is a pawnbroker. The
    term shall include any person who
    engages in such business or occupation
    on a part-time basis. The term shall
    include such activities wherever, or
    through whatever medium, they are
    conducted, such as at a gun show or
    event, flea market, auction house, or gun
    range or club; at one*s home; by mail
    order; over the internet (e.g., online
    broker or auction); through the use of
    other electronic means (e.g., text
    messaging service, social media raffle,
    or website); or at any other domestic or
    international public or private
    marketplace or premises.
    Engaged in the business** * *
    (3) Dealer in firearms other than a
    gunsmith or a pawnbroker. The term
    **engaged in the business as a dealer in
    firearms other than a gunsmith or a
    pawnbroker** shall have the same
    meaning as in § 478.13.
    (7) Related definitions. For purposes
    of this definition*
    (i) The term **purchase** (and
    derivative terms thereof) means the act
    of obtaining a firearm in an agreed
    exchange for something of value;
    (ii) The term **sale** (and derivative
    terms thereof) means the act of
    disposing of a firearm in an agreed
    exchange for something of value, and
    the term **resale** means selling a
    firearm, including a stolen firearm, after
    it was previously sold by the original
    manufacturer or any other person; and
    (iii) The term **something of value**
    includes money, credit, personal
    property (e.g., another firearm or
    ammunition), a service, a controlled
    substance, or any other medium of
    exchange or valuable consideration,
    legal or illegal.
    Former licensee inventory. Firearms
    that were in the business inventory of a
    licensee at the time the license was
    terminated. Such firearms differ from a
    personal collection and other personal
    firearms in that they were purchased
    repetitively before the license was
    terminated as part of a licensee*s
    business inventory with the
    predominant intent to earn a profit.
    Personal collection (or personal
    collection of firearms, or personal
    firearms collection)*(1) General
    definition. Personal firearms that a
    person accumulates for study,
    comparison, exhibition (e.g., collecting
    curios or relics, or collecting unique
    firearms to exhibit at gun club events),
    or for a hobby (e.g., noncommercial,
    recreational activities for personal
    enjoyment, such as hunting, skeet,
    target, or competition shooting,
    historical re-enactment, or
    noncommercial firearms safety
    instruction). The term shall not include
    any firearm purchased for the purpose
    of resale with the predominant intent to
    earn a profit (e.g., primarily for a
    commercial purpose or financial gain, as
    distinguished from personal firearms a
    person accumulates for study,
    comparison, exhibition, or for a hobby,
    but which the person may also intend
    to increase in value). In addition, the
    term shall not include firearms
    accumulated primarily for personal
    protection: Provided, that nothing in
    this definition shall be construed as
    precluding a person from lawfully
    acquiring firearms for self-protection or
    other lawful personal use.

(2) Personal collection of licensee. In
    the case of a firearm imported,
    manufactured, or otherwise acquired by
    a licensed manufacturer, licensed
    importer, or licensed dealer, the term
    shall include only a firearm described in
    paragraph (1) of this definition that
    was*
    (i) Acquired or transferred without the
    intent to willfully evade the restrictions
    placed upon licensees under 18 U.S.C.
    chapter 44;
    (ii) Recorded by the licensee as an
    acquisition in the licensee*s acquisition
    and disposition record in accordance
    with § 478.122(a), § 478.123(a), or
    § 478.125(e) (unless acquired prior to
    licensure and not intended for sale);
    (iii) Recorded as a disposition from
    the licensee*s business inventory to the
    licensee*s personal collection or
    otherwise as a personal firearm in
    accordance with § 478.122(a),
    § 478.123(a), or § 478.125(e) (unless
    acquired prior to licensure and not
    intended for sale);
    (iv) Maintained in such personal
    collection or otherwise as a personal
    firearm (whether on or off the business
    premises) for at least one year from the
    date the firearm was so transferred, in
    accordance with 18 U.S.C. 923(c) and 27
    CFR 478.125a; and
    (v) Stored separately from, and not
    commingled with the business
    inventory. When stored or displayed on
    the business premises, the personal
    collection and other personal firearms
    shall be appropriately identified as **not
    for sale** (e.g., by attaching a tag).
    Predominantly earn a profit. The term
    **predominantly earn a profit** shall
    have the same meaning as in § 478.13.
    Principal objective of livelihood and
    profit. The intent underlying the sale or
    disposition of firearms is predominantly
    one of obtaining livelihood and
    pecuniary gain, as opposed to other
    intents such as improving or liquidating
    a personal firearms collection: Provided,
    That proof of profit shall not be required
    as to a person who engages in the
    regular and repetitive purchase and
    disposition of firearms for criminal
    purposes or terrorism.
    Responsible person. Any individual
    possessing, directly or indirectly, the
    power to direct or cause the direction of
    the management and policies of a sole
    proprietorship, corporation, company,
    partnership, or association, insofar as
    they pertain to firearms.

§478.13 Definition of **engaged in the
    business as a dealer in firearms other than
    a gunsmith or a pawnbroker.**
    (a) Definition. A person who devotes
    time, attention, and labor to dealing in
    firearms as a regular course of trade or
    business to predominantly earn a profit
    through the repetitive purchase and
    resale of firearms. The term shall not
    include a person who makes occasional
    sales, exchanges, or purchases of
    firearms for the enhancement of a
    personal collection or for a hobby, or
    who sells all or part of the person*s
    personal collection of firearms. In
    addition, the term shall not include an
    auctioneer who provides only auction
    services on commission to assist in
    liquidating firearms at an estate-type
    auction; provided, that the auctioneer
    does not purchase the firearms, or take
    possession of the firearms for sale on
    consignment.
    (b) Fact-specific inquiry. Whether a
    person is engaged in the business as a
    dealer under paragraph (a) of this
    section is a fact-specific inquiry. Selling
    large numbers of firearms or engaging or
    offering to engage in frequent
    transactions may be highly indicative of
    business activity. However, there is no
    minimum threshold number of firearms
    purchased or sold that triggers the
    licensing requirement. Similarly, there
    is no minimum number of transactions
    that determines whether a person is
    **engaged in the business** of dealing in
    firearms. For example, even a single
    firearm transaction or offer to engage in
    a transaction, when combined with
    other evidence (e.g., where a person
    represents to others a willingness and
    ability to purchase more firearms for
    resale), may require a license; whereas,
    a single isolated firearm transaction
    without such evidence would not
    require a license. At all times, the
    determination of whether a person is
    engaged in the business of dealing in
    firearms is based on the totality of the
    circumstances.
    (c) Presumptions that a person is
    engaged in the business as a dealer. In
    civil and administrative proceedings, a
    person shall be presumed to be engaged
    in the business of dealing in firearms as
    defined in paragraph (a) of this section,
    absent reliable evidence to the contrary,
    when it is shown that the person*
    (1) Resells or offers for resale firearms,
    and also represents to potential buyers
    or otherwise demonstrates a willingness
    and ability to purchase and resell
    additional firearms (i.e., to be a source
    of additional firearms for resale);
    (2) Repetitively purchases for the
    purpose of resale, or repetitively resells
    or offers for resale, firearms*
    (i) Through straw or sham businesses,
    or individual straw purchasers or
    sellers; or
    (ii) That cannot lawfully be
    purchased, received, or possessed under
    Federal, State, local, or Tribal law,
    including:
    (A) Stolen firearms (e.g., 18 U.S.C.
    922(j));
    (B) Firearms with the licensee*s serial
    number removed, obliterated, or altered,
    or not identified as required by law (e.g.,
    18 U.S.C. 922(k) or 26 U.S.C. 5861(i));
    (C) Firearms imported in violation of
    law (e.g., 18 U.S.C. 922(l), 22 U.S.C.
    2778, or 26 U.S.C. 5844, 5861(k)); or
    (D) Machineguns or other weapons
    defined as firearms under 26 U.S.C.
    5845(b) that cannot lawfully be
    possessed (e.g., 18 U.S.C. 922(o); 26
    U.S.C. 5861(d));
    (3) Repetitively resells or offers for
    resale firearms*
    (i) Within 30 days after the person
    purchased the firearms; or
    (ii) Within one year after the person
    purchased the firearms if they are*
    (A) New, or like new in their original
    packaging; or
    (B) The same make and model, or
    variants thereof;
    (4) As a former licensee (or
    responsible person acting on behalf of
    the former licensee), resells or offers for
    resale to a person (other than a licensee
    in accordance with § 478.57 or § 478.78)
    firearms that were in the business
    inventory of the former licensee at the
    time the license was terminated (i.e.,
    license revocation, denial of license
    renewal, license expiration, or surrender
    of license), whether or not such firearms
    were transferred to a responsible person
    of the former licensee after the license
    was terminated in accordance with
    § 478.57(b)(2) or § 478.78(b)(2); or
    (5) As a former licensee (or
    responsible person acting on behalf of
    the former licensee), resells or offers for
    resale firearms that were transferred to
    the licensee*s personal collection or
    otherwise as personal firearms in
    accordance with 18 U.S.C. 923(c) and 27
    CFR 478.125a(a) prior to the time the
    license was terminated, unless:
    (i) The firearms were received and
    transferred without any intent to
    willfully evade the restrictions placed
    on licensees by 18 U.S.C. chapter 44;
    and
    (ii) One year has passed from the date
    of transfer to the licensee*s personal
    collection or otherwise as personal
    firearms.
    (d) Predominantly earn a profit*(1)
    Definition. The intent underlying the
    sale or disposition of firearms is
    predominantly one of obtaining
    pecuniary gain, as opposed to other
    intents, such as improving or
    liquidating a personal firearms
    collection: Provided, that proof of profit,
    including the intent to profit, shall not
    be required as to a person who engages
    in the regular and repetitive purchase
    and disposition of firearms for criminal
    purposes or terrorism. For purposes of
    this section, a person may have the
    intent to profit even if the person does
    not actually obtain the intended
    pecuniary gain from the sale or
    disposition of firearms.
    (2) Presumptions that a person has
    intent to predominantly earn a profit. In
    civil and administrative proceedings, a
    person shall be presumed to have the
    intent to predominantly earn a profit
    through the repetitive purchase and
    resale of firearms as defined in
    paragraph (d)(1) of this section, absent
    reliable evidence to the contrary, when
    it is shown that the person*
    (i) Repetitively or continuously
    advertises, markets, or otherwise
    promotes a firearms business (e.g.,
    advertises or posts firearms for resale,
    including through the internet or other
    digital means, establishes a website to
    offer their firearms for resale, makes
    available business cards, or tags firearms
    with sales prices), regardless of whether
    the person incurs expenses or only
    promotes the business informally;
    (ii) Repetitively or continuously
    purchases, rents, or otherwise
    exchanges (directly or indirectly)
    something of value to secure permanent
    or temporary physical space to display
    firearms they offer for resale, including
    part or all of a business premises, a table
    or space at a gun show, or a display
    case;
    (iii) Makes and maintains records to
    document, track, or calculate profits and
    losses from firearms repetitively
    purchased for resale;
    (iv) Purchases or otherwise secures
    merchant services as a business (e.g.,
    credit card transaction services, digital
    wallet for business) through which the
    person intends to repetitively accept
    payments for firearms transactions;
    (v) Formally or informally purchases,
    hires, or otherwise secures business
    security services (e.g., a central stationmonitored
    security system registered to
    a business, or guards for security) to
    protect firearms assets and repetitive
    firearms transactions;
    (vi) Formally or informally establishes
    a business entity, trade name, or online
    business account, including an account
    using a business name on a social media
    or other website, through which the
    person makes, or offers to make,
    repetitive firearms transactions; or
    (vii) Secures or applies for a State or
    local business license to purchase for
    VerDate Sep<11>2014 02:22 Apr 19, 2024 Jkt 262001 PO 00000 Frm 00125 Fmt 4701 Sfmt 4700 E:\FR\FM\19APR3.SGM 19APR3 khammond on DSKJM1Z7X2PROD with RULES3
    29092 Federal Register / Vol. 89, No. 77 / Friday, April 19, 2024 / Rules and Regulations
    resale or to resell merchandise that
    includes firearms.
    (e) Conduct that does not support a
    presumption. A person shall not be
    presumed to be engaged in the business
    of dealing in firearms when reliable
    evidence shows that the person is only
    reselling or otherwise transferring
    firearms*

(1) As bona fide gifts;
    (2) Occasionally to obtain more
    valuable, desirable, or useful firearms
    for the person*s personal collection;

(3) Occasionally to a licensee or to a
    family member for lawful purposes;

(4) To liquidate (without restocking)
    all or part of the person*s personal
    collection;
    or
    (5) To liquidate firearms*
    (i) That are inherited; or
    (ii) Pursuant to a court order; or
    (6) To assist in liquidating firearms as
    an auctioneer when providing auction
    services on commission at an estate-type
    auction.
    (f) Rebuttal evidence. Reliable
    evidence of the conduct set forth in
    paragraph (e) of this section may be
    used to rebut any presumption in
    paragraph (c) or (d)(2) of this section
    that a person is engaged in the business
    of dealing in firearms, or intends to
    predominantly earn a profit through the
    repetitive purchase and resale of
    firearms.
    (g) Presumptions, conduct, and
    rebuttal evidence not exhaustive. The
    activities set forth in the rebuttable
    presumptions in paragraphs (c) and
    (d)(2) of this section, and the activities
    and rebuttal evidence set forth in
    paragraphs (e) and (f) of this section, are
    not exhaustive of the conduct or
    evidence that may be considered in
    determining whether a person is
    engaged in the business of dealing in
    firearms, or has the intent to
    predominantly earn a profit through the
    repetitive purchase and resale of
    firearms.
    (h) Criminal proceedings. The
    rebuttable presumptions in paragraphs
    (c) and (d)(2) of this section shall not
    apply to any criminal case, although
    they may be useful to courts in criminal
    cases, for example, when instructing
    juries regarding permissible inferences.
    * 4. Amend § 478.57 by designating the
    undesignated paragraph as paragraph (a)
    and adding paragraphs (b) through (d) to
    read as follows:
    See: https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-27/section-478.11

Subpart B*Definitions

§ 478.11 Meaning of terms.

Cross Reference

Link to an amendment published at 89 FR 29089, Apr. 19, 2024.

Cross Reference

Link to an amendment published at 89 FR 28630, Apr. 19, 2024.

When used in this part and in forms prescribed under this part, where not otherwise distinctly expressed or manifestly incompatible with the intent thereof, terms shall have the meanings ascribed in this subpart. Words in the plural form shall include the singular, and vice versa, and words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine. The terms *includes* and *including* do not exclude other things not enumerated which are in the same general class or are otherwise within the scope thereof.

Act. 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44.
    Collector. Any person who acquires, holds, or disposes of firearms as curios or relics.

Curios or relics. Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

(a) Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;

(b) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

(c) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast